hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them

Thread: S07E06 - Forever Filly [Telegraph Embed]

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar

S07E06 - Forever Filly [Telegraph Embed]

Next week will be Pony Express version, then smoke signal, then cave painting...
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

Yay, a Rarity episode! It feels like it's been a rather long time since the last one.

Anyhow, a bit heavy-handed with its moral due to the parallel story with the dog, but not a bad episode overall. And I appreciate they didn't spend the entire episode having Rarity make the same mistake again and again to drive home the point.

Though is it my imagination, or is this season trending towards messages aimed more at the peripheral audience than the core audience? e.g. an episode on making time for child care, and now an episode on people changing as they get older...

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    Next week will be Pony Express version, then smoke signal, then cave painting...
    Don't forget signal flares and semaphores!
    Tranquility (EVE) Influence Map
    Life is absurd, but with a little effort we can make it completely ridiculous

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Where have I seen this before...oh, right.

"Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

This episode drove the point that the CMC are maturing (or Sweetie Belle at least, in life outside of their goals), thought it feels a little out of place. It's the only episode so far that goes out of its way to do this, and in 7 seasons the subject of the episode feels like its arrived after years since season 1, yet in "canon" it's been less than two.

Rarity and SB have always had a slightly dysfunctional relationship. but credit to Rarity's character for trying.