hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread: Prey (2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    I paid 27 to be a chinaman?
    When 2 billion+ humanoids play the role of chinamen for free, you should feel honored for the privilege of paying to play a hapa.

-50% on steam

Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Neoo Gabriel View Post

When 2 billion+ humanoids play the role of chinamen for free, you should feel honored for the privilege of paying to play a hapa.
    Hey, keep building up your military, you should play it at some point(tm.

Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    -50% on steam
    Someone named /u/iamnotmalarson is chatting and gathering feedback on /r/eve/2013.03.29.05.50.

Even Quackers plays Prey, good shit, yo..

Quote Originally Posted by dominus View Post
    Even Quackers plays Prey, good shit, yo..
    That's a lot of it is free content that is mid-game relevant. I don't know how to disguise a bomb-belt to get it to work right etc.

Seems like a decent game, just little lacking in the atmosphere as the sound assets are quite bad and different shades of black goo aren't the most interesting and memorable enemies. Level design is decent with many nooks to explore but usually for quite low rewards, just another dead crewmember with pockets full of food, move along. The combat is quite repetitive once the novelty of the gloo gun wears off.

ive played it for a few hours and its probably one of the better games of the last decade, not saying alot. ive found quite a few sneaky locations/hidden lark- the coffee cup on the scale in dr carlito's (or whatever) room about 2 hours in for example.

combat may get repetitive, for the big guys i just keep throwing canisters and then finishing off with pistol.. or luring into turret traps- enemies are still p spooky for me atm

will be well worth the 20 if i get a few more hours out of it.

Finished it, and about last half of the game was pretty grindy and boring ritual to get to the end, the enemies don't get any more exciting from the first few hours in, the npc's and "big" reveals aren't really interesting or new. The game basically reveals everything it has to offer in the first few hours. Decent game but far from Deus Ex or System shock 2. Should have waited for bigger sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Leviathan View Post
    ive played it for a few hours and its probably one of the better games of the last decade, not saying alot.
    There have been tons of amazing games in the last decade... ._.

Reminds me i need to get back to this, got sidetracked into about 20 other games this year that have been way too good too and it's horrible (and great).

And be aware that many of the side quests seem to be buggy or completely broken.

That's not true at all from my experience, weird.

Apparently they broke some of them with the 1.2 patch. Also many of the achievements are also bugged, got all e-mails before / without reading them all, same for locating all of the crew and all of the transcribes, as I found more of each after getting the achievements.

Welp, if that's true that sucks some major arse.

nice glitching

Also got some side objectives started out of thin air, just a new objective "go there, no idea why" and the end tally of your deeds was contradicting itself first saying something happened and on the next sentence telling the opposite.

Oh, and the pacing could be better, about the first 20% of the game gives you everything bar few "little bit more damage for X" upgrades via chipsets that you will ever have access to. And some of the tools seem pretty useless, like the boltcaster which I used maybe 3 times, and others are just plain jack-of-all-trades good, like the gloo gun and the recycle charges (because of them you never have any need to invest into the heavy object lifting stuff, just toss one recycler and the obstacle is gone.

The crafting is also wonky, the "rare" exotic material is actually the most common and least used...