hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Prey (2017)

The sense of sequence breaking is awsome. I'm sure you get everywhere eventually by following the main story but you can do quite a lot by playing around with the GLOO gun and other inventory.
      Spoiler:

(ಠ_ృ) ゛Lady Spank is the best。゛ ~ Xenuria (ಠ_ృ)

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Spank View Post
    The sense of sequence breaking is awsome. I'm sure you get everywhere eventually by following the main story but you can do quite a lot by playing around with the GLOO gun and other inventory.
    Yet the game maintains a sense of progression, it's great. More difficult enemies appear as you advance, and at one point in the game you start to find traps you have to deal with all over the place.

I'm trying to figure out the role-play group's treasure maps. I know what I'm looking for now, just have to find the areas (and one last map piece).

One thing that always catches me off guard is doubling back and finding bodies of crew members that weren't there before. This is even without loading into a different level. The crew monitors at the Security Stations seems to be updated with everyone's status, though I wonder if it can show any living crew moving around. I've only ever seen the dead crew moving...
    Last edited by Nu11u5; May 21 2017 at 04:58:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nu11u5 View Post
    Yet the game maintains a sense of progression, it's great. More difficult enemies appear as you advance, and at one point in the game you start to find traps you have to deal with all over the place.

I'm trying to figure out the role-play group's treasure maps. I know what I'm looking for now, just have to find the areas (and one last map piece).

One thing that always catches me off guard is doubling back and finding bodies of crew members that weren't there before. This is even without loading into a different level. The crew monitors at the Security Stations seems to be updated with everyone's status, though I wonder if it can show any living crew moving around. I've only ever seen the dead crew moving...
    There's at least one living crew that moves around a bit, plot stuff.

OK. I've just got to a bit where your skills broaden out a bit and there is one scene that genuinely made my heart jump. LMAO I should have expected it.

Well played game.

Time for a cig.
      Spoiler:

OK. I've just got to a bit where your skills broaden out a bit and there is one scene that genuinely made my heart jump. LMAO I should have expected it.

Well played game.

Time for a cig.
    Does it involve three big pieces of looking glass?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by morpheps View Post
    Erh - yes. I guess to headshot it you need to think outside the box, eh?
    Tell that to the story. Any use of powers = bad ending.
    Whaaat? That's not true, you can get any of the possible endings no matter what powers you use. One of the characters you meet explicitly tells you how you're going to be judged, although the meaning of the comment isn't clear until after you've beaten the game.

Spoiler:
    "The only thing that matters is how you treat the people who are still alive"

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Yes.
      Spoiler:

Yes.
    If you read some of his emails before listening to the Transcribe message you find there you can maybe see it coming.

Spoiler:

After that bit I went behind the LG screens via the maintenance hatch in the side room to loot (left the glass intact). When I noticed the scripted Phantom that comes down the stairs I just waited for it to get close with its back turned. Busted through the glass shotgun in hand like a psycho killer.

My play style has pretty much been "I'm not locked in here with you....!"

I'm disappointed there aren't any enemies that climb. This means you can easily hide somewhere high or behind a row of obsticals as long as you can break line of sight. Even the teleporting enemy can only go where they can walk to.

Game is legendary, for me. The only minus, so far, is stupid hacking minigame. Fallout style hacking, or eve online explo minigame would be much better for this SF setting. I mean, driving a shitty control ball, really?

Regardless, its just a drop in the bucket of goodness, its still 10/10 title for me. // so far

Quote Originally Posted by Nu11u5 View Post
    Yes.
    If you read some of his emails before listening to the Transcribe message you find there you can maybe see it coming.

Spoiler:

After that bit I went behind the LG screens via the maintenance hatch in the side room to loot (left the glass intact). When I noticed the scripted Phantom that comes down the stairs I just waited for it to get close with its back turned. Busted through the glass shotgun in hand like a psycho killer.

My play style has pretty much been "I'm not locked in here with you....!"

I'm disappointed there aren't any enemies that climb. This means you can easily hide somewhere high or behind a row of obsticals as long as you can break line of sight. Even the teleporting enemy can only go where they can walk to.
    oh saw it coming

didn't make it any less of a OHFUCKFUCKFUCK jumpscare and broken windows

Quote Originally Posted by dominus View Post
    Game is legendary, for me. The only minus, so far, is stupid hacking minigame. Fallout style hacking, or eve online explo minigame would be much better for this SF setting. I mean, driving a shitty control ball, really?

Regardless, its just a drop in the bucket of goodness, its still 10/10 title for me. // so far
    i'm probably just bad, but i find that hacking game pretty hard (and annoying)... sure if you retry a few times you get an easier 'map' eventually. but i generally just avoid it instead.

It's quite challenging
    I ran out of glue gun ammo at some point and couldnt reach the 3D printer thingy that makes ammo.

And while running around looking for ammo I ran in to walkywalky black guy on fire who immediately teleported on top of me! I tryed fighting back with a glue gun which ofcourse didnt fire so I grabbed my trusty wrench...

...and got hazed in the next second.

I trully missed hard games
    Quote Originally Posted by pesadelo View Post
    - Smarnca if not trolling , is a complete retard

Quote Originally Posted by Seraph IX Basarab View Post
    In short, you're prime beta.

Completed it in 22 hours, could definitely do it waaaay faster but I rummaged about in every cupboard in the place. The fact I liked the station enough to explore everything means this game is PERRTY GUD

Side effect of that was I was loaded with materials and never had any ammo shortages for the latter half of the game.

Also with regards to the ending
      Spoiler:
    Meh. I dislike the whole "it was all a dream haha" trope. To fair they didn't super-telegraph it (though I suspected it after a couple of flashbacks which were basically "EVERYTHING ISN'T AS IT SEEMS YOU'RE NOT WHO YOU THINK YOU ARE" alerts), so it wasn't the worst one I've seen done just... Nothing strange or startling, or satisfying really.

I had one of the endings, halfway through.. to leave everything ("fuck you and your station, and your aliens, im outta here, gg was fun -adios") and escape via Alex Yu private escape pod in arboretum. kek

Of course i decided to go on, because at that time half of Talos was still uninvestigated, and that exploration is the best part of game..

This game is brilliant.. Im at 24 hours now and much more to explore, backtracking a lot, doing sidequests.

Im enjoying this game like a very good dinner - slowly and with red wine, taking the experience in.. Gems like these only come every several years, after all..

Anyone having trouble with Nightmares? Well, i did, until i found they are laughably easy to kill. All you need is 5 Recycler charges. (on normal difficulty, maybe more on hard).

That is all, just throw it and hope it gets caught with first one, which will bend space-time and swallow it, spit it out badly damaged. Spam rest of your charges in quick succession never giving it chance to get rid of next charge pull, and collect material afterwards. 0 damage taken.

i used to spend 6 charges in beginning, now i confirm 5 is enough. First one is critical though.

Quote Originally Posted by dominus View Post
    Anyone having trouble with Nightmares? Well, i did, until i found they are laughably easy to kill. All you need is 5 Recycler charges. (on normal difficulty, maybe more on hard).

That is all, just throw it and hope it gets caught with first one, which will bend space-time and swallow it, spit it out badly damaged. Spam rest of your charges in quick succession never giving it chance to get rid of next charge pull, and collect material afterwards. 0 damage taken.

i used to spend 6 charges in beginning, now i confirm 5 is enough. First one is critical though.
    It takes 2 mags worth from the Q Beam to kill it. I barely use that weapon otherwise.

Otherwise just find high ground. It's not hard to avoid.

Shoot it with an upgraded gold pistol, 5 recycler charges is a lot more mats I think

Dies in like 6 seconds and probably takes max 3 boxes of ammo

I couldn't get the gold pistol Must've missed the keycard somewhere.

I finished it yesterday, game is v good. Still one or two things that weren't wrapped up by the end
      Spoiler:

The bit when alex gives you the arming key was awesome