hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 121

Thread: Prey (2017)

  1. #61
    Smarnca's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 30, 2013
    Location
    URINE ALLIANCE
    Posts
    6,266
    inb4 the russian torrent contains that latest ransomware
    Quote Originally Posted by pesadelo View Post
    - Smarnca if not trolling , is a complete retard

    Quote Originally Posted by Seraph IX Basarab View Post
    In short, you're prime beta.

  2. #62
    dominus's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 5, 2012
    Posts
    1,849
    m8..

    "The Russians did it! They hacked muh elections!"

    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA..

    My sides

  3. #63
    Movember 2011 RazoR's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The Motherland
    Posts
    26,628
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike deVoid View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by morpheps View Post
    Might. There's some games that have been cracked, like Nier and Mass Effect, and others that are yet to be cracked, like Dishonored 2, and For Honor. There's a website that tracks it. Or you can, you know, support the developers and buy it
    ..and it's cracked
    confirming

    ayyy lmao
    Still a shitty cunt.
    whoa m8 u mad or smth

    because i didn't pirate it and probably won't

  4. #64

    Join Date
    November 5, 2011
    Posts
    8,220
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike deVoid View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by morpheps View Post
    Might. There's some games that have been cracked, like Nier and Mass Effect, and others that are yet to be cracked, like Dishonored 2, and For Honor. There's a website that tracks it. Or you can, you know, support the developers and buy it
    ..and it's cracked
    confirming

    ayyy lmao
    Still a shitty cunt.
    whoa m8 u mad or smth

    because i didn't pirate it and probably won't
    Well it's pretty shitty to pirate good games, especially when they're not the usual dull AAA bullshit, but fair play then.

  5. #65
    Donor Nu11u5's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 8, 2011
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    5,306
    Agreed, awesome game. Never got to play System Shock so my best comparison is Bioshock with some of the better bits of Dead Space thrown in. I especially like that the levels are not strictly linear. You can explore the entire location where the game takes place, unlock areas at your own pace, and just go chasing after side quests if you want.

    Additionally there are usually multiple ways to solve an area depending on your play style and character build. I get the impression that the developers assumed that creative players would manage to do most things and get to most places and so designed the levels and game progression around that rather than creating a lot of artificial barriers.

    My biggest complaint is the AI pathfinding for the Operators. I keep finding them stuck in walls/lifts/ceilings. Sometimes they are even blocking paths so you have to decide how to deal with them to get around.
    Last edited by Nu11u5; May 16 2017 at 05:08:12 AM.

  6. #66
    Lady Spank's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Location
    Get Out Nasty Face
    Posts
    4,932
    The demo is just enough to convince me this is a must buy.

    Sure, the ~big reveal~ stuff has been done before in literature, yet it works SO well in a videogame, where it ties to play mechanics.
      Spoiler:



    (ಠ_ృ) ゛Lady Spank is the best。゛ ~ Xenuria (ಠ_ృ)

  7. #67
    Smarnca's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 30, 2013
    Location
    URINE ALLIANCE
    Posts
    6,266
    I can confirm!
    It's a good game and it's worth a buy
    Quote Originally Posted by pesadelo View Post
    - Smarnca if not trolling , is a complete retard

    Quote Originally Posted by Seraph IX Basarab View Post
    In short, you're prime beta.

  8. #68
    Larkonis Trassler's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    FEARLESS.
    Posts
    10,795
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Spank View Post
    The demo is just enough to convince me this is a must buy.
    Demos are still a thing?


  9. #69
    Swiss's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 3, 2012
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    1,080
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Spank View Post
    The demo is just enough to convince me this is a must buy.
    Demos are still a thing?
    Not if you're playing on PC, apparently

  10. #70
    Donor TheManFromDelmonte's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    4,954
    Quote Originally Posted by Nu11u5 View Post
    Agreed, awesome game. Never got to play System Shock so my best comparison is Bioshock with some of the better bits of Dead Space thrown in. I especially like that the levels are not strictly linear. You can explore the entire location where the game takes place, unlock areas at your own pace, and just go chasing after side quests if you want.

    Additionally there are usually multiple ways to solve an area depending on your play style and character build. I get the impression that the developers assumed that creative players would manage to do most things and get to most places and so designed the levels and game progression around that rather than creating a lot of artificial barriers.

    My biggest complaint is the AI pathfinding for the Operators. I keep finding them stuck in walls/lifts/ceilings. Sometimes they are even blocking paths so you have to decide how to deal with them to get around.
    One went through a wall.
    It keeps shouting at me being an error when I fly past that bit.

  11. #71
    Donor Nu11u5's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 8, 2011
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    5,306
    Quote Originally Posted by TheManFromDelmonte View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nu11u5 View Post
    My biggest complaint is the AI pathfinding for the Operators. I keep finding them stuck in walls/lifts/ceilings. Sometimes they are even blocking paths so you have to decide how to deal with them to get around.
    One went through a wall.
    It keeps shouting at me being an error when I fly past that bit.
    It's way more frustrating when it's a friendly Operator that's glitched inside the bottom of a lift that causes you to glitch as well when you enter it. I had to destroy it, then I realized a far better solution and reloaded a quick save.

    Are we spoiling in this thread..?

      Spoiler:
    I used the Mimic ability to morph into a book and flop down the shaft. Shot right past the glitched Operator, and was still able to use it.

  12. #72
    dominus's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 5, 2012
    Posts
    1,849
    Holly fuck, 9 hours in, and it just gets better and better.

    Dat feeling when you played half-life/deus ex/System shock/bioshock for the first time, nngghh

  13. #73

    Join Date
    December 15, 2011
    Location
    The Establishment
    Posts
    1,270
    Quote Originally Posted by dominus View Post
    Holly fuck, 9 hours in, and it just gets better and better.

    Dat feeling when you played half-life/deus ex/System shock/bioshock for the first time, nngghh
    Stop it! You are making me buy it!

  14. #74

    Join Date
    May 30, 2011
    Location
    asleep
    Posts
    5,686
    'dat mimic lab is hilarious.

    "Not a mimic" postit notes everywhere. I need a t-shirt.
    https://www.redbubble.com/people/ohw... that was easy
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

  15. #75
    dominus's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 5, 2012
    Posts
    1,849
    Somehow, stupidly, i assumed mimics can mimic only items, not ammoboxes and medical kits.

    Anyway, i was way low on health and saw a medkit lying in the corridor, among other junk and thought cool.

    Yeah..

  16. #76
    Lady Spank's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Location
    Get Out Nasty Face
    Posts
    4,932
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post

    Demos are still a thing?
    PS4 subhuman race at the moment, mate.
      Spoiler:



    (ಠ_ృ) ゛Lady Spank is the best。゛ ~ Xenuria (ಠ_ృ)

  17. #77
    Donor TheManFromDelmonte's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    4,954
    The architecture and layout, and engineering areas behind the 3d screens are perfect.

    Bits of the station are scripted to explosively decompress early on when you walk nearby a window, like in a standard corridor shooter. But you can go outside and explore the exploded bits!
    Loot the bodies you saw flying across space!

    Still only 20ish hours in. It's still good.
    Combat is wonky as all hell but I'm just here for the atmosphere.

  18. #78

  19. #79
    Donor Nu11u5's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 8, 2011
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    5,306
    I almost feel sad for Poltergeists when you catch them alone.

    "OooOooOoo I'm spooky"
    Gets chased into a corner and bludgend to death with a wrench



    Solo mimics barely have it any better, but at least they put of a fight.


    That said, I've seen everything but Phantoms (and that other thing) run away from me at points.


    Hmm.. maybe I should buy the Fear ability.


    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    The only thing missing from this game is Issac Clark's rage cursing.
    Last edited by Nu11u5; May 20 2017 at 11:05:18 PM.

  20. #80
    Donor TheManFromDelmonte's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    4,954
    phantoms will run away and hide too. The other thing...not so much.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •