hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 85 of 89 FirstFirst ... 357582838485868788 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,700 of 1778

Thread: The Automation Spiral (obligatory loleconomics thread v2)

Quote Originally Posted by Fortior View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Didn't it happen accidentally a couple of years ago where a European institution (the ECB I guess?) was sitting on a product which converted partially to equity on default and they just pretended it didn't happen? I vaguely remember it from a Bloomberg column so might be way off on the details.

Could they create a new institution to transfer those sort of assets to and give them an entirely new remit?
    Probably. If memory serves they did something similar with the Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac/bunch of others holding shitty loans that were all bundled to toxic assets and sold off or isolated somehow. Truly financial magic at work.
    A lot of countries have sovereign wealth funds so dumping stocks and assets acquired during bailouts into those could be an option.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    If you bought Macy's when it was low, you are doing very well. If you didn't buy Macy's, you still can. I think it has plenty of upside potential.

Currently I have a 54% return on that one stock.
    Last edited by Nordstern; May 27 2020 at 10:08:15 PM.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard

nordstern, pls stop

Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    Weeks ago I told you guys to keep an eye on Air Lines.
    In the case of Norwegian Air Shuttle, while not under the governments protective wing.
    Gotten too big to allow it to perish.

Part of its rescue, including doubling amount of shares that resulted in a hard drop in its shares prices.
    Dropping its price to roughly 0,2USD per share.
    Bought 250k shares for roughly 52k. Today at opening on the stock exchange I sold the whole lot @ 0,46 for 117k.
    This pandemic is just the best!

Enough chicken tendies for the rest of your life!

Quote Originally Posted by mewninn View Post
    nordstern, pls stop
    can't stop, won't stop
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    If you bought Macy's when it was low, you are doing very well. If you didn't buy Macy's, you still can. I think it has plenty of upside potential.

I personally would stay the fuck away from retail. My biggest gains have been with marijuana stocks followed by green energy.

can't stop, won't stop

Can't wait for the silence after it all goes tits up.

Quote Originally Posted by Aea View Post

I personally would stay the fuck away from retail. My biggest gains have been with marijuana stocks followed by green energy.
    He is not wrong, as more cities/states/countries open up, it is retails time to recover lost value.
    But second wave will be coming, probably sooner than later so expect it all to enter dumpster fire values again shortly

If you have a 54% gain so far, sell the fuck out and look/wait for the next climber.
    I don't know this market well enough to advise how long you can sit on it.
    Growth isn't exponential, the moment you see it starting to slow down is the moment sell.

Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

Every stock is now a cult stock
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Has nothing to do with cult stocks, and everything with thinking outside the box when looking for companies that have been dumpstered by the pandemic.

Find them, watch them. And buy in at the right time. Keep your exposure as short as possible.
    Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

I mean in the way everything is decoupled from fundamentals now.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

I mean in the way everything is decoupled from fundamentals now.
    Don’t worry, it’s all already priced into the market!

Thisisfine.jpg
    Real men pvp in barges.

Quote Originally Posted by Amantus View Post
    good to see that Fortior seems like a decent bloke and isn't a gay fat faggot nerd despite his pony avatar

Actually the logic is simple - Governments have just poured trillions of dollars into the economy as emergency stimulus, and like all the other stimulus, QE and deficit spending, it mostly goes towards keeping the asset bubbles inflated.

I discussed it with my father, and I decided to place a stop order. So we shall see what happens.

The 'IP' of an airline is the list of pilots it employs and maybe the flight routes.
    Technically speaking, it's the airport slots which are quite valuable. And yes, connecting those than make the flight routes.

I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

I discussed it with my father, and I decided to place a stop order. So we shall see what happens.
    Aaaannnnd it executed.

GNUS out of nowhere

I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...source=twitter

When the U.S. government’s official jobs report for May came out on Friday, it included a note at the bottom saying there had been a major “error” indicating that the unemployment rate likely should be higher than the widely reported 13.3 percent rate.

The special note said that if this “misclassification error” had not occurred, the “overall unemployment rate would have been about 3 percentage points higher than reported,” meaning the unemployment rate would be about 16.3 percent for May. But that would still be an improvement from an unemployment rate of about 19.7 percent for April, applying the same standards.

The Bureau of Labor Statistics, the agency that puts out the monthly jobs reports, said it was working to fix the problem.

“BLS and the Census Bureau are investigating why this misclassification error continues to occur and are taking additional steps to address the issue,” said a note at the bottom of the Bureau of Labor Statistics report.
    Sold all my stocks on Friday, just have the ETFs left.