hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 53 of 55 FirstFirst ... 343505152535455 LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1091

Thread: The Automation Spiral (obligatory loleconomics thread v2)

plus.ai are about as much based in Cupertino as I am. They're chinese through and through.

Quote Originally Posted by elmicker View Post
    plus.ai are about as much based in Cupertino as I am. They're chinese through and through.
    Not when if comes to Sales and Marketing.
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Meanwhile...

A Silicon Valley startup has completed what appears to be the first commercial freight cross-country trip by an autonomous truck, which finished a 2,800-mile-run from Tulare, California to Quakertown, Pennsylvania for Land O’Lakes in under three days. The trip was smooth like butter, 40,000 pounds of it.

Plus.ai, a 3-year-old company in Cupertino, announced the milestone Tuesday. A safety driver was aboard the autonomous semi, ready to take the wheel if needed, along with a safety engineer who observed how things were going.
    https://www.mercurynews.com/2019/12/...in-three-days/

:its_happening.gif:
    Sounds shady as fuck. The 'safety driver' would have had to pull three consecutive 17+hour shifts (illegal), the truck would have had to drive itself to a couple of diesel pumps without human intervention (disengagement) which would be of dubiously legality.

Want to bet that they actually traveled in a convoy with multiple safety drivers? Maybe with a lead car in front providing info to the truck? Had multiple human driver interventions that were classified as 'not because of a problem' so didn't count as actual "disengagements"?

Ah... there we go "The truck ... drove mostly autonomously". Mostly...

Quote Originally Posted by Nax View Post
    Meanwhile...

A Silicon Valley startup has completed what appears to be the first commercial freight cross-country trip by an autonomous truck, which finished a 2,800-mile-run from Tulare, California to Quakertown, Pennsylvania for Land O’Lakes in under three days. The trip was smooth like butter, 40,000 pounds of it.

Plus.ai, a 3-year-old company in Cupertino, announced the milestone Tuesday. A safety driver was aboard the autonomous semi, ready to take the wheel if needed, along with a safety engineer who observed how things were going.

Sounds shady as fuck. The 'safety driver' would have had to pull three consecutive 17+hour shifts (illegal), the truck would have had to drive itself to a couple of diesel pumps without human intervention (disengagement) which would be of dubiously legality.

Want to bet that they actually traveled in a convoy with multiple safety drivers? Maybe with a lead car in front providing info to the truck? Had multiple human driver interventions that were classified as 'not because or a problem' so didn't count as actual "disengagements"?

k
    meh

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard

Long range trucks can have 2 beds in their cab. Fuel tanks can be added.

I am not a believer, just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Nax View Post
    Meanwhile...

Want to bet that they actually traveled in a convoy with multiple safety drivers? Maybe with a lead car in front providing info to the truck? Had multiple human driver interventions that were classified as 'not because of a problem' so didn't count as actual "disengagements"?

so it's like everything coming out of sillicon valley, barely working, rather shit but hyped as a revolution of the sector.

oh, and it's actually fudged to fuck and back to attract capital.

at least it's less insane than Juicero.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

It's got nothing to do with silicon Valley.

It's literally the first four words in the article
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post

Which are literally wrong. As I said, they're a chinese company/organ of the state.

They're doing all the usual tech bro silicon valley shit though and operating in that same environment
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

They're doing all the usual tech bro silicon valley shit though and operating in that same environment
    Yeah but *technically*...

Boss makes a dollar, I make a dime

I would genuinely give myself DVT and probably bowel obstruction out of sheer bloody mindedness sitting on that toilet for precisely six minutes each time.
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

How much can I sell you my 13 degree toilet seat wedge for?

How much can I sell you my 13 degree toilet seat wedge for?
    Now you're thinking in capitalism!

The next evolution of the toilet seat will be developed to hinder the use of wedges and such, or detect their presence and alert someone.

Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connaît point. - Blaise Pascal, Pensées, 277

DRMed toilets that only operate when the correct ass is detected.
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

Quote Originally Posted by elmicker View Post
    Which are literally wrong. As I said, they're a chinese company/organ of the state.
    This is why literally all their job postings are in Cupertino, and their CTO is a white guy went to Stanford...
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by Sparq View Post
    Boss makes a dollar, I make a dime

So a workout, while I shit? Win, win. Gonna try to clock 30 minutes on it.