hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 64 of 85 FirstFirst ... 14546162636465666774 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,280 of 1697

Thread: The Automation Spiral (obligatory loleconomics thread v2)

  1. #1261
    VARRAKK's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 27, 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    6,733
    I'm not that old, made a recent entry into my 40's.
    It costs money to make money, the more you got the more you make.
    I am an Analyst, I see patterns and trends more easily then most.

    You can start with a small investment and build it up quite fast, but you need to know the market.
    Study companies and follow them over time, take notes in a spread sheet and keep it updated.
    It is not sufficient to read financial papers, by the time it gets there, it is old news and most of the profits gone.
    You have to read the news, not just national but also international.
    It is key to understand how events happening in the world affects companies you have on your watchlist.

    I will give you an example of one of the companies I'm tracking. Tesla.
    This company the one that has biggest climbing potential of all I'm following, but!

    Pro:
    Best electric engine in the industry
    Best battery in the industry
    Best electronics in the industry
    Model 3 is selling well, priced good
    Model Y is soon coming, popular model

    Con:
    Poor finances
    Lots of debt
    I'm currently uncertain about what to do with Tesla.
    The potential is there, but how long can they last with factories closed?
    Weeks yes. Months no.

    Follow the news....
    Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

  2. #1262
    VARRAKK's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 27, 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    6,733
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    The market is not going to improve for a long time, but if you know what you are doing, there is A LOT of opportunities.
    That said, you need to do you "Due Diligence" with the companies you invest in.

    I spend months following a company, and investigating what they have in their portfolio for the future.
    You shouldn't go half-arsed into this.




    (That being said, with the Stock Rally being so volatile. I have made 35k+ Euro's so far over the last three weeks.
    Just dump 10k USD or Euros in stocks on a company, and auto-selling once they got up 10% in value)
    That chart is assuming this doesn't come back in the fall.
    You shouldn't read so much into the timeline, their prediction is this will be the shortest financial crisis. And when economy rebounds, it will do so fast.
    After the major financial crisis in 09, it took years for the market to recover. Now we talk about months.
    Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

  3. #1263
    Donor erichkknaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    14,832
    Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    The market is not going to improve for a long time, but if you know what you are doing, there is A LOT of opportunities.
    That said, you need to do you "Due Diligence" with the companies you invest in.

    I spend months following a company, and investigating what they have in their portfolio for the future.
    You shouldn't go half-arsed into this.




    (That being said, with the Stock Rally being so volatile. I have made 35k+ Euro's so far over the last three weeks.
    Just dump 10k USD or Euros in stocks on a company, and auto-selling once they got up 10% in value)
    That chart is assuming this doesn't come back in the fall.
    You shouldn't read so much into the timeline, their prediction is this will be the shortest financial crisis. And when economy rebounds, it will do so fast.
    After the major financial crisis in 09, it took years for the market to recover. Now we talk about months.
    Yeah, the problem here isn’t really structural. I agree with your view. We are conservatively planning 18-24 months before institutional investment money comes back in a big way, and the companies that can weather that, will do amazingly well on the rebound.
    meh

  4. #1264
    rufuske's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    2,944
    Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    I'm not that old, made a recent entry into my 40's.
    It costs money to make money, the more you got the more you make.
    I am an Analyst, I see patterns and trends more easily then most.

    You can start with a small investment and build it up quite fast, but you need to know the market.
    Study companies and follow them over time, take notes in a spread sheet and keep it updated.
    It is not sufficient to read financial papers, by the time it gets there, it is old news and most of the profits gone.
    You have to read the news, not just national but also international.
    It is key to understand how events happening in the world affects companies you have on your watchlist.

    I will give you an example of one of the companies I'm tracking. Tesla.
    This company the one that has biggest climbing potential of all I'm following, but!

    Pro:
    Best electric engine in the industry
    Best battery in the industry
    Best electronics in the industry
    Model 3 is selling well, priced good
    Model Y is soon coming, popular model

    Con:
    Poor finances
    Lots of debt
    I'm currently uncertain about what to do with Tesla.
    The potential is there, but how long can they last with factories closed?
    Weeks yes. Months no.

    Follow the news....
    High risk overpriced balloon but everyone keeps pumping helium into it. If it's worth more than the entire rest (or VW and BMW) of the sector combined you know something is fishy. When it drops you won't have time evacuate using market orders. But it's so tempting to jump on bandwagon and harvest those sweet %.

  5. #1265
    VARRAKK's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 27, 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    6,733
    Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    I'm not that old, made a recent entry into my 40's.
    It costs money to make money, the more you got the more you make.
    I am an Analyst, I see patterns and trends more easily then most.

    You can start with a small investment and build it up quite fast, but you need to know the market.
    Study companies and follow them over time, take notes in a spread sheet and keep it updated.
    It is not sufficient to read financial papers, by the time it gets there, it is old news and most of the profits gone.
    You have to read the news, not just national but also international.
    It is key to understand how events happening in the world affects companies you have on your watchlist.

    I will give you an example of one of the companies I'm tracking. Tesla.
    This company the one that has biggest climbing potential of all I'm following, but!

    Pro:
    Best electric engine in the industry
    Best battery in the industry
    Best electronics in the industry
    Model 3 is selling well, priced good
    Model Y is soon coming, popular model

    Con:
    Poor finances
    Lots of debt
    I'm currently uncertain about what to do with Tesla.
    The potential is there, but how long can they last with factories closed?
    Weeks yes. Months no.

    Follow the news....
    High risk overpriced balloon but everyone keeps pumping helium into it. If it's worth more than the entire rest (or VW and BMW) of the sector combined you know something is fishy. When it drops you won't have time evacuate using market orders. But it's so tempting to jump on bandwagon and harvest those sweet %.
    I disagree, Tesla is at least 5 years ahead of everyone else with it comes to Batteries and Engines alone.
    But the really significant part about Tesla is the electronics, and how terrible it is for the other manufacturers and they can't move away from it.
    Would hurt their suppliers too much.

    Tesla design they own circuit boards, they are incredibly powerful and all in one unit.
    This gives them an incredible advantage in both manufacturing simplicity and costs.

    If the other car manufacturers would go this way, it would have a big impact on the global market and job losses would be ridiculously high.
    Both VW and BMW would love to do it, but the consequences would be too high.
    Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

  6. #1266
    rufuske's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    2,944
    No it isn't, stop eating Elon's marketing bullshit and check what BMW, Porsche and Toyota is doing. If anyone is ahead of anything it's Koenigsegg, but he always leads and the rest follows.

  7. #1267
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    21,188
    Tesla is a cult stock
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

  8. #1268
    Malcanis's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Posts
    17,252
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    "just dump 10k"

    I love how again and again it's proven that being rich has not much to do with being actually intelligent and functional as a human being, just knowing how to exploit shit, yet we still pretend otherwise. Posting histories just proving things.
    It's a game. Your pieces are $$$.
    No, your pieces are people's lives; the $$$ are just a mechanism for abstracting and fungiblising them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

  9. #1269
    Donor erichkknaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    14,832
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    "just dump 10k"

    I love how again and again it's proven that being rich has not much to do with being actually intelligent and functional as a human being, just knowing how to exploit shit, yet we still pretend otherwise. Posting histories just proving things.
    It's a game. Your pieces are $$$.
    No, your pieces are people's lives; the $$$ are just a mechanism for abstracting and fungiblising them.
    I thought lives were part of the score...
    meh

  10. #1270
    Movember 2011 RazoR's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The Motherland
    Posts
    32,116
    Just like (post-Jobs) Apple.

  11. #1271

    Join Date
    March 10, 2019
    Posts
    261
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    "just dump 10k"

    I love how again and again it's proven that being rich has not much to do with being actually intelligent and functional as a human being, just knowing how to exploit shit, yet we still pretend otherwise. Posting histories just proving things.
    It's a game. Your pieces are $$$.
    No, your pieces are people's lives; the $$$ are just a mechanism for abstracting and fungiblising them.
    Whoa. How do I play?

  12. #1272
    Lachesis VII's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 20, 2011
    Location
    Egghelende
    Posts
    5,919
    Quote Originally Posted by August View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    "just dump 10k"

    I love how again and again it's proven that being rich has not much to do with being actually intelligent and functional as a human being, just knowing how to exploit shit, yet we still pretend otherwise. Posting histories just proving things.
    It's a game. Your pieces are $$$.
    No, your pieces are people's lives; the $$$ are just a mechanism for abstracting and fungiblising them.
    Whoa. How do I play?
    Buy isk.

  13. #1273
    Malcanis's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Posts
    17,252
    Quote Originally Posted by August View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    "just dump 10k"

    I love how again and again it's proven that being rich has not much to do with being actually intelligent and functional as a human being, just knowing how to exploit shit, yet we still pretend otherwise. Posting histories just proving things.
    It's a game. Your pieces are $$$.
    No, your pieces are people's lives; the $$$ are just a mechanism for abstracting and fungiblising them.
    Whoa. How do I play?
    First, exploit your poor
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

  14. #1274
    rufuske's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    2,944
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Tesla is a cult stock
    Yup. Things it accomplished:
    - proved that you don't have target budget mass market (like Toyota did with Prius) with your evs but it's better to aim at more financially affluent and make it a status symbol (lesson well learned from Apple)
    - created huge value for shareholders via overpriced shares which mimics what entire Silicon Valley modus operandi is nowadays (ie create a small company, have it valued at above 1bil, sell your part to interested investors, repeat - that's Elon's endgame with Tesla proved by his multimillion bonus he's eligible for when share prices reach high enough level)

    It's basically ran like your another IT company from Silicon Valley, except to everyone's surprise it actually needs to manufacture and deliver physical goods which creates problems for them all the time (ie dealers forced to deliver cars during holidays, production not coping with order volume, huqe quality assurance issues, software that at worst barely functions etc).

  15. #1275
    Donor erichkknaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    14,832
    Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    production not coping with order volume
    All else aside, you actually think having more demand for a product than you can produce isn't a high-class kind of problem?
    meh

  16. #1276
    Paradox's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 24, 2011
    Location
    Deepest Darkest Devonshire
    Posts
    8,565
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    production not coping with order volume
    All else aside, you actually think having more demand for a product than you can produce isn't a high-class kind of problem?
    Well when you're willing to skip QA and ship unfinished or defective products to meet that demand it kind of is a problem yeah. Especially when meeting that demand is a really good idea if you want to do crazy things like pay the fuckers that make said product.


    Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

  17. #1277
    rufuske's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    2,944
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    production not coping with order volume
    All else aside, you actually think having more demand for a product than you can produce isn't a high-class kind of problem?
    For a while? Sure. If it goes too long it will end up with dissatisfied potential customers that will ultimately damage you brand.

  18. #1278
    Movember 2011 RazoR's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The Motherland
    Posts
    32,116
    Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    production not coping with order volume
    All else aside, you actually think having more demand for a product than you can produce isn't a high-class kind of problem?
    For a while? Sure. If it goes too long it will end up with dissatisfied potential customers that will ultimately damage you brand.
    HAH

  19. #1279
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    21,188
    Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    production not coping with order volume
    All else aside, you actually think having more demand for a product than you can produce isn't a high-class kind of problem?
    For a while? Sure. If it goes too long it will end up with dissatisfied potential customers that will ultimately damage you brand.
    Being a cult stock helps protect them from that for a decent period of time
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

  20. #1280
    Movember 2012 Zekk Pacus's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Posts
    7,776
    Hell the production delay probably helps by cementing the 'exclusivity' of a Tesla.
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •