hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 63 of 85 FirstFirst ... 13536061626364656673 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 1697

Thread: The Automation Spiral (obligatory loleconomics thread v2)

Even if the cruise industry survives this in the short term their American customers probably aren't
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by elmicker View Post
    Are you on crack?
    No, but the market is.

"Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard

And how much would you have to sell for to cover you broker fees?
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mewninn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Democracy is wonderful: we get the governments we deserve.
    guhhhh buhhhh what if the people deserve fluid lungs and homelessness because democracy
    They voted for fluid lungs and homelessness
    They voted for people who will guarantee fluid lungs and homelessness!

And then follow their advice to expose the hoax and keep the economy stronk.

Stronk, natural geniuses.
    meh

For stocks, there are a few brokerages that don't charge commissions. There's the usual stock transfer fee, I think it's like .0014 per share but it might even be .00014? I forgot. So Nordstern probably won't have to worry about that, he should be more worried about bankruptcy or share dilution.

Nord, I can't believe you mentioned yields too lol. If you're in good yields along with potential for a bounce, you could go for ExxonMobil. They're not going to go bankrupt, they have a royal dividend history, and all it takes for their shares to bounce up is for the Sauds and Russia to come to an agreement. Personally, I didn't invest (yet) because I think it'll drag out more.

Always love big boy American retail ‘investors’.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by August View Post
    For stocks, there are a few brokerages that don't charge commissions. There's the usual stock transfer fee, I think it's like .0014 per share but it might even be .00014? I forgot. So Nordstern probably won't have to worry about that, he should be more worried about bankruptcy or share dilution.
    Eh...I'm on ETRADE. Should change that.

EDIT: Actually, I just looked up their rates. I'm fine.

Nord, I can't believe you mentioned yields too lol. If you're in good yields along with potential for a bounce, you could go for ExxonMobil. They're not going to go bankrupt, they have a royal dividend history, and all it takes for their shares to bounce up is for the Sauds and Russia to come to an agreement. Personally, I didn't invest (yet) because I think it'll drag out more.
    Long on TOT atm. And despite the volatility, I'm still up.
    Last edited by Nordstern; April 3 2020 at 10:42:54 PM.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard

Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    Nordstern this is just advice. You don't seem to know how to do basic background checks on the companies you're investing money in, and you didn't know what rates your broker was charging.

You should stop. You could very easily lose a lot of money and not realise.

Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    Nordstern this is just advice. You don't seem to know how to do basic background checks on the companies you're investing money in, and you didn't know what rates your broker was charging.

Generally speaking, in a market like this, if you don't know exactly what to do, it's much better to do nothing.
    meh

Repeating my advice to sit on the cash for a month and instead invest later in low fee index funds, coupled with monthly savings/deposits if you have the cash flow.
    Real men pvp in barges.

Quote Originally Posted by Amantus View Post
    good to see that Fortior seems like a decent bloke and isn't a gay fat faggot nerd despite his pony avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post

This.

Gonna invest in the bankrupsy auctions

Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    Gonna invest in the bankrupsy auctions

Quote Originally Posted by Fortior View Post
    Repeating my advice to sit on the cash for a month and instead invest later in low fee index funds, coupled with monthly savings/deposits if you have the cash flow.
    That will most likely yield a maximum of 36% return within a year (or two). That's amazing but Nordstern wants his investments to moon. In this economy, it doesn't strike me as particularly unreasonable to angle for a 100% return in this time span.

Edit: Obviously his investments in cruiselines is angling at ... 600% returns I think. Now that is stupid.

The market is not going to improve for a long time, but if you know what you are doing, there is A LOT of opportunities.
    That said, you need to do you "Due Diligence" with the companies you invest in.

I spend months following a company, and investigating what they have in their portfolio for the future.
    You shouldn't go half-arsed into this.

(That being said, with the Stock Rally being so volatile. I have made 35k+ Euro's so far over the last three weeks.
    Just dump 10k USD or Euros in stocks on a company, and auto-selling once they got up 10% in value)
    Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

"just dump 10k"

I love how again and again it's proven that being rich has not much to do with being actually intelligent and functional as a human being, just knowing how to exploit shit, yet we still pretend otherwise. Posting histories just proving things.
    Last edited by Isyel; April 4 2020 at 06:05:28 PM.

Who is this "we" you speak of?
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    The market is not going to improve for a long time, but if you know what you are doing, there is A LOT of opportunities.
    That said, you need to do you "Due Diligence" with the companies you invest in.

I spend months following a company, and investigating what they have in their portfolio for the future.
    You shouldn't go half-arsed into this.

(That being said, with the Stock Rally being so volatile. I have made 35k+ Euro's so far over the last three weeks.
    Just dump 10k USD or Euros in stocks on a company, and auto-selling once they got up 10% in value)
    That chart is assuming this doesn't come back in the fall.
    meh

"just dump 10k"

I love how again and again it's proven that being rich has not much to do with being actually intelligent and functional as a human being, just knowing how to exploit shit, yet we still pretend otherwise. Posting histories just proving things.
    It's a game. Your pieces are $$$.
    meh

"just dump 10k"

He could also just be older and more well established than you. To someone in their 50s with a thirty year career behind them and no debt $100k isn't an obscene amount of money to be putting into the stock market.