hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 131 of 143 FirstFirst ... 3181121128129130131132133134141 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,620 of 2860

Thread: The Automation Spiral (obligatory loleconomics thread v2)

Sell off to cover illegal short positions probably.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Taking home some profits, inflation signals coming up, and also all days cannot be green with stonks. We’ve gotten spoiled with gains over the past year.
    Real men pvp in barges.

Quote Originally Posted by Amantus View Post
    good to see that Fortior seems like a decent bloke and isn't a gay fat faggot nerd despite his pony avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    Why are markets taking a shit recently? It's not really due to treasury yields, is it?
    Look at the monthly historical performance of the market. For example, https://www.yardeni.com/pub/stmktreturns.pdf. February is a weak month.

This Feb is actually better than the average so far, since it's still net positive gains. Feb is typically red, and when it's red, the average loss is -3.5%.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    It's actually none of those.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN2AN0XI

Investors jolted by sinking Bitcoin, Tesla and other market favorites

LONDON/NEW YORK (Reuters) - Bitcoin, shares of Tesla and a high-flying exchange traded fund (ETF) fell on Tuesday, retreating from recent rallies in a volatile session that gave investors a gut check.

It was the latest sign of a possible pause in a rally that has buoyed a broad range of assets. Investors may be growing wary of sky-high valuations, while recent rises in Treasury yields could dim the allure of stocks and other comparatively risky investments.

“We have been in a sustained rally and there was a lot of leverage in the system,” said Ty Young, cryptoasset research analyst at crypto data platform Messari, of Bitcoin. “Corrections are to be expected during a bull run and not surprising when looking at previous cycles.

Bitcoin was recently down 11% at $48,207, paring some losses after Jack Dorsey’s Square Inc said it bought around 3,318 bitcoins for $170 million. The cryptocurrency had fallen as low as $44,845 during the session.

Shares of Tesla, which recently disclosed a $1.5 billion investment in the cryptocurrency, fell as much as 13.4% and pared losses to end down 2.1%. The ARK Innovation ETF, which counts Tesla as its biggest holding, finished 3.3% lower.

Recently popular exchange-traded funds (ETFs) focused on industries such as blockchain, cannabis and renewable energy have also taken a hit in the past week-and-a-half, with some investors growing skittish.

The electric carmaker’s shares represent about 10% of holdings for the ARK Innovation ETF, which has fallen around 9% this week as volatile bitcoin prices have pushed Tesla’s shares down almost 11% in the same period. Bitcoin has tumbled 17% in two days.

Some investors may have been preparing for downside in the ETF. Amy Wu Silverman, equity derivatives strategist at RBC Capital Markets, noted that options activity indicated a rise in demand for protection against a decline in ARKK.

Bullish sentiment for many holdings in the ARK Innovation ETF remains high, Wu Silverman noted. Despite recent weakness, outflows from the fund have been minimal, according to research from Christopher Murphy, co-head of derivatives strategy at Susquehanna Financial Group.

“The ARKK ETF has been the poster child of momentum high fliers and is beloved by retail,” Wu Silverman wrote.
    Of course, I'm exposed. 20k in ARKK and other ARK ETFs...
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard

DFV is doing it again, what the actual fuck. GME mooning today. This guy, man, this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by August View Post
    DFV is doing it again, what the actual fuck. GME mooning today. This guy, man, this guy.
    No, this is serious institutional money. Word is that a gamma squeeze is being setup. In any case...

TO THE MOON!!!
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm

I'm not saying DFV made the stock go up. I mean he hit the lottery again.

Free markets are at it again:

Quote Originally Posted by Venec View Post
    Free markets are at it again:

Here we go again

'Free' market
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

No bagholder left behind.

Purchase price: $122
    Sell price: $138
    Total profit: $2453
    Total return: 13.4%

Mr paper hands over here

Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post

Mr paper hands over here
    It takes diamond hands to not give up when you're down over 65%.

Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post

Mr paper hands over here
    It takes diamond hands to not give up when you're down over 65%.
    -63,5% and holding. I am on vacation so wasnt on the ball this week, would have covered my losses and gone out with just €200 more. But then again, this was never about that. (But please come get me at $320 you apes!!!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    I'm still 50% down :P

Lowa you didnt miss anything. Currently at 170 which is the highest its traded in volume. The 350 calls were v. low voluem

In the meantime I bought Ravencoins for 200k euros and sold less then two weeks later for 460k.
    Game plans was to hold them until end of year when the block gets halved. Oh well, better off now.
    Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    In that situation I'd be tempted to sell half, recoup my original stake and a 15% return, then hold the rest

Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    In the meantime I bought Ravencoins for 200k euros and sold less then two weeks later for 460k.
    Game plans was to hold them until end of year when the block gets halved. Oh well, better off now.
    Congratulations and fuck you!

And its now adjusted to the ~$170 level so only -39% (got a few at $120 that off-sets the 320's).
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

Dang, you have massive balls to put that amount of money into crypto.

Quote Originally Posted by August View Post
    Dang, you have massive balls to put that amount of money into crypto.
    That's not balls, that's someone who's either so rich it's no real risk at all or pure lunacy.

Either way not something to be celebrated.
    Last edited by Isyel; February 26 2021 at 06:01:59 AM.