hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 130 of 143 FirstFirst ... 3080120127128129130131132133140 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,600 of 2860

Thread: The Automation Spiral (obligatory loleconomics thread v2)

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Foiritain View Post
    haha yeah 'if'. We the peasantry lost the insurrection and now the nobels need to hang someone to make a point. Deepfuckingvalue is the face of the whole thing so that boy is going to jail.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/ready-...f-fraud-report
    Indeed, one influential Reddit user has already caught the eye of regulators. Keith Gill, 34, known as "Roaring Kitty" on some social media accounts and operates under the username "u/DeepF**kingValue" on Reddit, is currently being probed by officials in the commonwealth of Massachusetts, according to The New York Times.
    His only chance is to say nothing about the institutions and just lean on that he found value and went for it.
    And that's precisely what he does from what I saw of his statements. Dude knows how the game is played.

Also if you need it to be spell out even more:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deposi...ng_Corporation
    Scroll to the Naked short selling paragraph.

Quote Originally Posted by Lief Siddhe View Post
    "Your Honor, I love the stock."
    And start singing the anthem.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    THE ABSOLUTE MADLAD

HE DOUBLED HIS SHARES
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    THE ABSOLUTE MADLAD

HE DOUBLED HIS SHARES
    Took me a moment to understand his screenshot but then...holy shit. He is either the most retarded person even or an absolute genius.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowa [NSN] View Post
    THE ABSOLUTE MADLAD

HE DOUBLED HIS SHARES
    Took me a moment to understand his screenshot but then...holy shit. He is either the most retarded person even or an absolute genius.
    Its not like he bought in at 400 or anything. Either the squeeze has squoze, in which case him throwing some money at "I like the stock" is excellent PR, or there will be another bump due to the remaining shorts while noones looking. His call options have April expiry, plenty of time.

Above all, if he invests and holds, its real hard for them (like the class action wannabe guy) to go after him for pumping and dumping.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilalaunebör View Post
    THE ABSOLUTE MADLAD

HE DOUBLED HIS SHARES
    Its not like he bought in at 400 or anything. Either the squeeze has squoze, in which case him throwing some money at "I like the stock" is excellent PR, or there will be another bump due to the remaining shorts while noones looking. His call options have April expiry, plenty of time.

Above all, if he invests and holds, its real hard for them (like the class action wannabe guy) to go after him for pumping and dumping.
    Yeah, I think this is a smart political move. DFV already liquidated some of it and made a nice profit, there's probably a book deal and maybe movie rights on the way. Now he reinvests, still comes out slightly ahead if things go awry and has a bullet proof vest when it comes to political oversight.
    Just for the record, "sending a needy text" is never the right answer.

Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilalaunebör View Post
    THE ABSOLUTE MADLAD

HE DOUBLED HIS SHARES

Yeah, I think this is a smart political move. DFV already liquidated some of it and made a nice profit, there's probably a book deal and maybe movie rights on the way. Now he reinvests, still comes out slightly ahead if things go awry and has a bullet proof vest when it comes to political oversight.
    Yeah, looking at this without including the hysteria that is WSB he is just doing a (possibly) smart investment, just like any investor would do. And on top of that getting some PR and political capital.
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

Kinda related:

For those 8.000 dollar power bills people racked up in Texas

#peakamerica

#peakamerica
    It's the free market bro. Regulations are communism.
    meh

Regulations for rich people are communism. For poors it's just pure eagle cry freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post

#peakamerica
    It's the free market bro. Regulations are communism.
    And collecting interest for that sum for 10 years is a win-win!

Why can't people just be happy for the stonks going up after a record breaking sales for the previous week in electricity?

imagine having an electricity mortgage

At that point I feel there's an active competition of who can fuck poors harder.

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    5th largest economy in the world, 150k homeless people. Job's a gud'un. Fuck those Republicans, amirite?
    We aren't even the worst for this by rate anymore. For some reason, people keep flocking here, and so we are 4 million housing units behind.

In terms of rate per 10k, we're actually less than half of what New Zealand's homelessness rate is, and less than the UKs. We're kinda more South Africa level.
    p.sure South Africa defines homelessness a little differently to most Western countries there mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    5th largest economy in the world, 150k homeless people. Job's a gud'un. Fuck those Republicans, amirite?
    We aren't even the worst for this by rate anymore. For some reason, people keep flocking here, and so we are 4 million housing units behind.

In terms of rate per 10k, we're actually less than half of what New Zealand's homelessness rate is, and less than the UKs. We're kinda more South Africa level.
    p.sure South Africa defines homelessness a little differently to most Western countries there mate.
    Considering the government has been actually working it's ass off to give every one an actual house (yes, actual progress that never gets reported on because its boring, goodish news. They are up to roughly 80% of the population has a house now). SA also draws a distinction between informally housed (i.e. squatter settlement/shanty town) and actual homelessness which probably wouldn't exit in the west. We have our own unique issues there, but we do actually have statistical systems, etc to describe them, and homeless means the same thing. Sleeping in parks, hoping not to get stabbed.
    meh

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    informal housing (what normal people call slums or shanty towns) may not technically be the same thing as sleeping on a park bench, but its a lot closer to that in most ways that matter than it is to normal housing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    informal housing (what normal people call slums or shanty towns) may not technically be the same thing as sleeping on a park bench, but its a lot closer to that in most ways that matter than it is to normal housing.
    Yes, as I said, that distinction probably wouldn't exist in the west.
    meh

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Why are markets taking a shit recently? It's not really due to treasury yields, is it?
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard