hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 98 of 133 FirstFirst ... 48889596979899100101108 ... LastLast
Results 1,941 to 1,960 of 2660

Thread: The Automation Spiral (obligatory loleconomics thread v2)

Quote Originally Posted by Lilalaunebör View Post
    What gets me is the disdain with which analysts mention "retail investors". Shows you that the purpose of the stock market is to redistribute wealth to the top, and nothing else.

On the other side of the equation, i have read op-eds in serious newspapers that were arguing that ETFs are immoral. I guess the small guy just isnt allowed to win, in their eyes.
    That is very likely a correct assumption and part of why this is so fucking funny is the disruption of the "Kings" no matter if its only once and doesnt change the game in the long run.
    I'm going all in tomorrow. Or not. But I'll see if I cant get something just for the fucks of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowa [NSN] View Post
    What gets me is the disdain with which analysts mention "retail investors". Shows you that the purpose of the stock market is to redistribute wealth to the top, and nothing else.

On the other side of the equation, i have read op-eds in serious newspapers that were arguing that ETFs are immoral. I guess the small guy just isnt allowed to win, in their eyes.
    That is very likely a correct assumption and part of why this is so fucking funny is the disruption of the "Kings" no matter if its only once and doesnt change the game in the long run.
    I'm going all in tomorrow. Or not. But I'll see if I cant get something just for the fucks of it.
    I'm buying few tomorrow just to have bragging rights I took part in it.

Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post

fgs

we tried to tell this to nerdstern

don't buy stocks for the memes or the lulz for the love of god

it is essentially for most people gambling, and on average you will lose.

Average shmaverage.

Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post

fgs

Lol mate, I don't care. Just buying literally few with spare change for bragging rights that I took part in this retardation. I consider it making a donation towards the cause. Get off the high horse.
    Last edited by rufuske; January 27 2021 at 12:00:42 AM.

fgs

Lol mate, I don't care. Just buying literally few with spare change for bragging rights that I took part in this retardation. I made real money on some proper stocks last few days that coincidentally Melvin is also shorting (you may have heard about this little polish indie developer CDProjekt). I consider it making a donation towards the cause.
    This! IF I get just 2 shares it be worth it for a ticket on this rocket of retardation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

Ah, the "jokes on them im only pretending" defence. roll safe kids

Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    Ah, the "jokes on them im only pretending" defence. roll safe kids

Elon has spoken, its all ogre now.

I cant fault anyone for yolo'ing a grand on it, i was tempted myself a week ago for the laughs and out of spite. The all-ins are patently retarded, obviously.

e: Which reminds me, with Biden moving 600k federal vehicles to electric, maybe Tesla will turn out to not be overvalued after all? This being the reality it is, those will probably go to GM via no-bid contracts though.
    Last edited by Lilalaunebör; January 27 2021 at 01:16:59 AM.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar

fgs

Yeah, that's quite a loss. Getting a 5x return on my money in under a year is pathetic*. Clearly I'm too stupid to do something like cash out a third of my position to cover the cost of buying the shares initially.

I'd come up with a proper insult for you, teds, but you're honestly not worth the effort. So I'm just going to put on some music that reflects my current mood.

Oh, and I've done around two dozen trades with only one minor loss.

Spoiler:
    * this is actually true, I would have done better if I just dumped it all into TSLA back in April lol
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard

Oh, and I am going to suggest that people not join in the fun after today unless you really do have diamond hands. Because shit like naked short ladder attacks are going on, and who knows how many shares will be "manufactured" by MMs to lend to shorts.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm

Lol Teds makes a legitimately concerned post regarding the situation and then we have HORSEFUCKER MCGEE come in here smugly because his bullshit stonk made stonks squared before it takes a total dump.

Fuck yourself bellend.

Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Lol Teds makes a legitimately concerned post regarding the situation and then we have HORSEFUCKER MCGEE come in here smugly because his bullshit stonk made stonks squared before it takes a total dump.

Fuck yourself bellend.
    Let me worry about me.

Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    I'd come up with a proper insult for you, teds, but you're honestly not worth the effort.
    ):

Clearly I’m not retarded enough and I need diamond hands. Sold off yesterday, had I kept the shares I would’ve 10xed based on the premarket pricing today. GME has also hit seekingalpha.com with an article explaining the mechanics of why gme could rocket to the thousands.

I’ll be watching if there’s a dip but I suspect the race is over for me now.
    Real men pvp in barges.

Quote Originally Posted by Amantus View Post
    good to see that Fortior seems like a decent bloke and isn't a gay fat faggot nerd despite his pony avatar

Put your monthly pizza money into it back. Worst case scenario, you'll loose some weight. Best case - STONKS!. Don't even think about margins, loans or using your savings etc. Take the amount you won't notice missing at the end of the month and brag for the rest of your life you were one of the retards.

Banned
    and you guys wonder why people look down on retail investors lol

Banned
    Put your monthly pizza money into it back. Worst case scenario, you'll loose some weight. Best case - STONKS!. Don't even think about margins, loans or using your savings etc. Take the amount you won't notice missing at the end of the month and brag for the rest of your life you were one of the retards.
    This is wrong. They should all be raising a second mortgage.

Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Looking at WSB some are, this will end in tears for a lot of people. But I still want my souvenir ticket and I'm getting one today.

Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    ... not sure how to interpret what you mean. Raise a second mortgage so they can buy in more? Or to pay for their losses?