hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 128 of 133 FirstFirst ... 2878118125126127128129130131 ... LastLast
Results 2,541 to 2,560 of 2646

Thread: The Automation Spiral (obligatory loleconomics thread v2)

  1. #2541
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    22,816
    Childhood malnutrition is freedom.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

  2. #2542
    Venec's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Europe's Mexico - Poland
    Posts
    8,410
    Corpos using slave labour? It's unheard of!



    https://imgur.com/gallery/i7UdO3Q

  3. #2543
    Jack Coutu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 9, 2011
    Location
    marketjacker
    Posts
    2,214
    Quote Originally Posted by Venec View Post
    Corpos using slave labour? It's unheard of!



    https://imgur.com/gallery/i7UdO3Q
    You see those kids wanted a little too much, they didn't need to work two slave labor jobs. They just wanted more more more.

  4. #2544
    Joshua Foiritain's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    4,356


    In today's episode of capitalist dystopia; In the year of our lord 2k21 energy rationing has forced the peasantry to huddle together in warming stations to avoid freezing to death.




  5. #2545
    Donor erichkknaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    16,562
    Maybe they should leave a shithole state that can;t manage itself.

    Seems like their low taxes are working as expected.
    meh

  6. #2546
    mewninn's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    4,091
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Maybe they should leave a shithole state that can;t manage itself.

    Seems like their low taxes are working as expected.
    E R I C H W A V E

  7. #2547
    Jack Coutu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 9, 2011
    Location
    marketjacker
    Posts
    2,214
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Maybe they should leave a shithole state that can;t manage itself.

    Seems like their low taxes are working as expected.
    You live in a state with a severe water shortage AND severe energy problems lol.

  8. #2548
    Lief Siddhe's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 15, 2011
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    8,174
    5th largest economy in the world, 150k homeless people. Job's a gud'un. Fuck those Republicans, amirite?
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

  9. #2549

    Join Date
    November 5, 2011
    Posts
    14,040
    Quote Originally Posted by mewninn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Maybe they should leave a shithole state that can;t manage itself.

    Seems like their low taxes are working as expected.
    E R I C H W A V E

  10. #2550
    Donor erichkknaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    16,562
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Coutu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Maybe they should leave a shithole state that can;t manage itself.

    Seems like their low taxes are working as expected.
    You live in a state with a severe water shortage AND severe energy problems lol.
    Well, shit, we settled an arid desert and ended up growing nuts for the rest of the world. If we cut off all the nuts, we'd have enough water.

    Meanwhile, the "severe energy problems, lol" are the first, this year, since 2001, when ENRON and their friends engineered a power crisis because de-regulation by republicans allowed them to, and it's because we're actually fucking doing something about climate change, and not just pissing in the wind about it like the rest of the country.

    The blackouts are not a surprise. At a meeting on Sept. 18 of the governing board of the California Independent System Operator, the non-profit public benefit corporation that runs the state’s power grid, Mark Rothleder, vice president of market quality and state regulatory affairs for the agency, gave a presentation on the coming crisis.

    He noted that 33% of the state’s electricity now comes from renewable sources, a requirement for utilities under state law that had been met two years early.

    But with large solar farms making up an increasing percentage of California’s power generation, he said, crunch time happens in the late afternoon, particularly on hot days. People turn on air conditioning and other devices around 5 p.m. as the heat peaks and they come home from work. Electricity demand surges, just as the sun is setting and solar power is drying up.
    Nice Fox "News" talking point though.
    meh

  11. #2551
    Donor erichkknaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    16,562
    Quote Originally Posted by Lief Siddhe View Post
    5th largest economy in the world, 150k homeless people. Job's a gud'un. Fuck those Republicans, amirite?
    We aren't even the worst for this by rate anymore. For some reason, people keep flocking here, and so we are 4 million housing units behind.

    In terms of rate per 10k, we're actually less than half of what New Zealand's homelessness rate is, and less than the UKs. We're kinda more South Africa level.
    Last edited by erichkknaar; February 16 2021 at 05:21:53 PM.
    meh

  12. #2552
    Jack Coutu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 9, 2011
    Location
    marketjacker
    Posts
    2,214
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Coutu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Maybe they should leave a shithole state that can;t manage itself.

    Seems like their low taxes are working as expected.
    You live in a state with a severe water shortage AND severe energy problems lol.
    Well, shit, we settled an arid desert and ended up growing nuts for the rest of the world. If we cut off all the nuts, we'd have enough water.

    Meanwhile, the "severe energy problems, lol" are the first, this year, since 2001, when ENRON and their friends engineered a power crisis because de-regulation by republicans allowed them to, and it's because we're actually fucking doing something about climate change, and not just pissing in the wind about it like the rest of the country.

    The blackouts are not a surprise. At a meeting on Sept. 18 of the governing board of the California Independent System Operator, the non-profit public benefit corporation that runs the state’s power grid, Mark Rothleder, vice president of market quality and state regulatory affairs for the agency, gave a presentation on the coming crisis.

    He noted that 33% of the state’s electricity now comes from renewable sources, a requirement for utilities under state law that had been met two years early.

    But with large solar farms making up an increasing percentage of California’s power generation, he said, crunch time happens in the late afternoon, particularly on hot days. People turn on air conditioning and other devices around 5 p.m. as the heat peaks and they come home from work. Electricity demand surges, just as the sun is setting and solar power is drying up.
    Nice Fox "News" talking point though.
    Your energy problems are your power regulators, and your water issues aren't just nut based. For news would spin it as a crisis filled hellhole, like you pretend the States that are red are solely the domain of retarded hillbillies. The people profiting off the water the are using to fuck the environment are evil fucks that your state allows to exploit it. Not every blue state is some magical paradise erich, and every blue state has the same fucked up issues as the rest. This states as sovereign nations idea you have that lets you cast millions of people as worthless for their lines on a maps economic output is embrassingly dumb. You are really becoming American

  13. #2553
    Donor erichkknaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    16,562
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Coutu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Coutu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Maybe they should leave a shithole state that can;t manage itself.

    Seems like their low taxes are working as expected.
    You live in a state with a severe water shortage AND severe energy problems lol.
    Well, shit, we settled an arid desert and ended up growing nuts for the rest of the world. If we cut off all the nuts, we'd have enough water.

    Meanwhile, the "severe energy problems, lol" are the first, this year, since 2001, when ENRON and their friends engineered a power crisis because de-regulation by republicans allowed them to, and it's because we're actually fucking doing something about climate change, and not just pissing in the wind about it like the rest of the country.

    The blackouts are not a surprise. At a meeting on Sept. 18 of the governing board of the California Independent System Operator, the non-profit public benefit corporation that runs the state’s power grid, Mark Rothleder, vice president of market quality and state regulatory affairs for the agency, gave a presentation on the coming crisis.

    He noted that 33% of the state’s electricity now comes from renewable sources, a requirement for utilities under state law that had been met two years early.

    But with large solar farms making up an increasing percentage of California’s power generation, he said, crunch time happens in the late afternoon, particularly on hot days. People turn on air conditioning and other devices around 5 p.m. as the heat peaks and they come home from work. Electricity demand surges, just as the sun is setting and solar power is drying up.
    Nice Fox "News" talking point though.
    Your energy problems are your power regulators, and your water issues aren't just nut based. For news would spin it as a crisis filled hellhole, like you pretend the States that are red are solely the domain of retarded hillbillies. The people profiting off the water the are using to fuck the environment are evil fucks that your state allows to exploit it. Not every blue state is some magical paradise erich, and every blue state has the same fucked up issues as the rest. This states as sovereign nations idea you have that lets you cast millions of people as worthless for their lines on a maps economic output is embrassingly dumb. You are really becoming American
    I'm just applying Republican logic to them.
    meh

  14. #2554
    Venec's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Europe's Mexico - Poland
    Posts
    8,410
    erich is an ironic republican

  15. #2555
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    22,816
    Not a bad description for democrats tbh
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

  16. #2556
    Lief Siddhe's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 15, 2011
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    8,174
    AYYYYYYYY
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

  17. #2557
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    22,816


    Interactive Brokers chairman - “I would like to point out that we have come dangerously close to the collapse of the entire system”

    The short squeeze should have happened. The transfer of wealth from the hedge funds to the retail traders should have happened. It didn't happen because they changed the rules of the game.

    The CNBC hosts are too stupid to understand this, or have been told to deliberately misunderstand him.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

  18. #2558
    Venec's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Europe's Mexico - Poland
    Posts
    8,410
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post


    Interactive Brokers chairman - “I would like to point out that we have come dangerously close to the collapse of the entire system”

    The short squeeze should have happened. The transfer of wealth from the hedge funds to the retail traders should have happened. It didn't happen because they changed the rules of the game.

    The CNBC hosts are too stupid to understand this, or have been told to deliberately misunderstand him.
    Do all these wallstreet people look like pinatas to you too?

  19. #2559
    Joshua Foiritain's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    4,356
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post


    Interactive Brokers chairman - “I would like to point out that we have come dangerously close to the collapse of the entire system”

    The short squeeze should have happened. The transfer of wealth from the hedge funds to the retail traders should have happened. It didn't happen because they changed the rules of the game.

    The CNBC hosts are too stupid to understand this, or have been told to deliberately misunderstand him.
    Wasnt CNBC the one that started running a misinformation campaign right as the whole thing kicked off or am i thinking of some other new channel?

    But yeah the game is rigged nonshocker, its going to be interesting to see how much prison time deepfuckingvalue will end up doing.



  20. #2560
    rufuske's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    3,758
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Foiritain View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post


    Interactive Brokers chairman - “I would like to point out that we have come dangerously close to the collapse of the entire system”

    The short squeeze should have happened. The transfer of wealth from the hedge funds to the retail traders should have happened. It didn't happen because they changed the rules of the game.

    The CNBC hosts are too stupid to understand this, or have been told to deliberately misunderstand him.
    Wasnt CNBC the one that started running a misinformation campaign right as the whole thing kicked off or am i thinking of some other new channel?

    But yeah the game is rigged nonshocker, its going to be interesting to see how much prison time deepfuckingvalue will end up doing.
    Yup, it's still going there. Bloomberg is starting to switch narrative.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •