hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 141 of 149 FirstFirst ... 4191131138139140141142143144 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,820 of 2966

Thread: Top Gear

Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruri View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Eshnala View Post
    Is there actually a way to watch Top Gear live when a new episode airs, if you are not living in the UK?
    Get a VPN to britbong land and watch on iPlayer? idk if it actually airs at the same time on the interweb though.
    yeah, you can stream at the same time as live broadcast on iplayer and then it (and anything else on iplayer) tends to appear as an episode about an hour after it finishes.

Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    Is there actually a way to watch Top Gear live when a new episode airs, if you are not living in the UK?
    Get a VPN to britbong land and watch on iPlayer? idk if it actually airs at the same time on the interweb though.
    yeah, you can stream at the same time as live broadcast on iplayer and then it (and anything else on iplayer) tends to appear as an episode about an hour after it finishes.
    But i guess you have to pay for that? Why is every show beeing aired on a different service...so annoying.

Regarding the episode: I genuinely enjoyed it. Laughed my ass off a couple times (One concerned Chris Harris beeing a virgin and the other one had Rory Reid chasing something) and I quite like the changes they made. Tbh it was even better than The Grand Tour. Weirdly I was kinda bored by the FXX K bit.

But i guess you have to pay for that? Why is every show beeing aired on a different service...so annoying.

Regarding the episode: I genuinely enjoyed it. Laughed my ass off a couple times (One concerned Chris Harris beeing a virgin and the other one had Rory Reid chasing something) and I quite like the changes they made. Tbh it was even better than The Grand Tour. Weirdly I was kinda bored by the FXX K bit.
    iPlayer is BBCs Mediathek, so it is paid with the UK equivalent of the Rundfunkbeitrag. That's why it's region locked (hard).
    nevar forget

Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar

well we pay with the license fee i guess, but a UK vpn will let you do it all for free

well we pay with the license fee i guess, but a UK vpn will let you do it all for free
    Ah ok, might try it then Thanks!

Loved it. Was way better then expected, and with only 3 presenters, it felt like old top gear again.
    I actually think this show will turn out better then the first season of the grand tour did.

phpBB : Critical Error
    Could not connect to the database

Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    It's a bit funny seeing the Grand Tour team go for an old men interior in the tent and the new Top Gear team go for shiny brightly coloured megastudio instead. With shit acoustics btw, can't remember them sounding so weird before when talking in the studio.

Also, not entirely live but still: Top Gear episodes appear really really fast on usenet at least. The 720p was downloaded on my server at 23:10 CET, so fast enough to watch it the same night. 1080p took a few hours more though.

Quote Originally Posted by Armyofme View Post
    Loved it. Was way better then expected, and with only 3 presenters, it felt like old top gear again.
    I actually think this show will turn out better then the first season of the grand tour did.
    Agree. Was genuinely fun, and I actually laughed out loud when
      Spoiler:
    Rory's cab took off on it's own.

I'm glad they made a break with a brand new studio, but also respected the tradition and restored the original Test Track. Not sure how I feel about the choice of the 86 yet, though it does present a genuinely new challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Do you even lift? Do you even post.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Ass ass ass.

Ask me about midgets Donor Mendolorian Girl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Armyofme View Post
      Spoiler:

I'm glad they made a break with a brand new studio, but also respected the tradition and restored the original Test Track. Not sure how I feel about the choice of the 86 yet, though it does present a genuinely new challenge.
    I don't get why they didn't go with the entirely logical choice of MX5s for the star lap. They're the defecto standard for a "good cheap sports car". Maybe Mazda wouldn't play ball, but you'd think they'd cream their panties at the publicity.
    irony1
    ˈīrənē/

noun

Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    Just goes to show how lowbrow the tastes of the British public are.

MX5 with a roll cage get's pretty fucking cramped. Hard to fit in with a helmet if you're not a midget.

The GT86 will make some spectacular footage but the skill and time gap between stars will be fucking massive. The enire point of the SIARPC challenge was racing an idiot proof shitbox as fast as possible.
    Not sure if I like the new format.

I do like how they switched the star format over though - all 3 guys + guest present. Not just a 5-10minute plug segment for the star.
    Last edited by Stoffl; March 9 2017 at 09:33:37 AM.

Ask me about midgets Donor Mendolorian Girl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoffl View Post
    MX5 with a roll cage get's pretty fucking cramped. Hard to fit in with a helmet if you're not a midget.

The GT86 will make some spectacular footage but the skill and time gap between stars will be fucking massive. The enire point of the SIARPC challenge was racing an idiot proof shitbox as fast as possible.

I do like how they switched the star format over though - all 3 guys + guest present. Not just a 5-10minute plug segment for the star.
    Ahhh, size constraints makes sense. I still prefer they'd gone with something a bit more "standard". M3 for example would have been nice to see.
    irony1
    ˈīrənē/

noun

Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    Just goes to show how lowbrow the tastes of the British public are.

Quote Originally Posted by Mendolorian Girl View Post

Ahhh, size constraints makes sense. I still prefer they'd gone with something a bit more "standard". M3 for example would have been nice to see.
    The 86 is meant to be really easy to drive and stupid fun for what it is though, not as much of a brute as an m3.

I need to watch this, sounds like fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendolorian Girl View Post

The 86 is meant to be really easy to drive and stupid fun for what it is though, not as much of a brute as an m3.

I need to watch this, sounds like fun.
    Not to mention it's pretty cheap/affordable too. At only 10% more than a top spec Mazda MX-5 RF it definetly comes in at the lower end of the spectrum regarding cost.

Otherwise I thought it was a good 1:st episode.

Spoiler:

I must admit i liked the idea of using the 86. Rearwheel drive presents a whole new challenge, and its still a "cheap" car.
    And yeah, having the old track back really made my day.
    Hoping we will see more of these fun challenges, as those were the great thing about the original top gear.

phpBB : Critical Error
    Could not connect to the database

To be fair I also have a super soft spot for that car in general.

I thoroughly enjoyed this second episode, at least on par with the former trio.

Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    I thoroughly enjoyed this second episode, at least on par with the former trio.
    I agree and i really like the lighthearted and silly feel it has. Also stuff feels much less scripted compared to old TG or The Grand Tour (even tho it probably is on a similar level).

Also I am genuinely happy for Chris Harris and Rory Reid, they must be making the money of their lifes while doing what they love.

Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    Minor niggle: Matt is being a bit fake in the studio, but he's still fine in all the segments. Maybe the pressure of being the main presenter is finally getting to him?

Otherwise a very enjoyable episode.

Going to hop in on the bandwagon here and just say that this feels like the old Top gear before they got stale.

My only minor niggle for the last episode was Rory Reid being, literally, benched for the segments.

Also, David Tennant is always enjoyable for me.

grand tour eco cars and romantische strasse episodes

my fucking sides

also i thought bullying May was played out
    still viable