hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 198 of 198 FirstFirst ... 98148188195196197198
Results 3,941 to 3,948 of 3948

Thread: (Germany über alles) Superior EU Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Zeekar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlind View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    While country's might be willing to adjust their constitution to comply with EU regulations, But being forced to do so no matter what,
    A country usually declares its willingness to adjust their laws and /or constitution (or equivalent) when they sign the treaties to join the EU.

The list of counties that the EU conquered, subjugated and forced to sign is on the short side.
    I mean german constitutional court did the same thing...
    It did, but that was at least a politically independent court ruling the opposite of what the local government wanted

While country's might be willing to adjust their constitution to comply with EU regulations, But being forced to do so no matter what,
    A country usually declares its willingness to adjust their laws and /or constitution (or equivalent) when they sign the treaties to join the EU.

The list of counties that the EU conquered, subjugated and forced to sign is on the short side.
    German Court: ECB can't infringe on Bundestag's budgetary independence. Court case is in the next round.

Polish Court: EU Law doesn't count unless we want to. No further rounds.

Similar, not the same though.
    nevar forget

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post

German Court: ECB can't infringe on Bundestag's budgetary independence. Court case is in the next round.

But gib euros, we really like those euros, we're getting. We'll still be getting them, right?
    It's a shitshow but situation seems to be actually improving. Latest polls show decline of PIS, as majority sees shift from Warsaw Pact and Comecon towards NATO and EU as biggest accomplishment of their lifetimes or considers themselves EU citizens above nationality. Hopefully people are finally starting to see through PIS bullshit.

And even after all that trade with germany booms, if I'm not mistaken we're breaking records currently and for the first are actually exporting more than importing
    https://oec.world/en/profile/bilater...ol/partner/deu
    Last edited by rufuske; November 10 2021 at 10:05:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post

It ends up being the same thing. German court ruled that the eu law isnt supreme over german law. Same as the poles.

Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post

But gib euros, we really like those euros, we're getting. We'll still be getting them, right?
    It's a shitshow but situation seems to be actually improving. Latest polls show decline of PIS, as majority sees shift from Warsaw Pact and Comecon towards NATO and EU as biggest accomplishment of their lifetimes or considers themselves EU citizens above nationality. Hopefully people are finally starting to see through PIS bullshit.

And even after all that trade with germany booms, if I'm not mistaken we're breaking records currently and for the first are actually exporting more than importing
    https://oec.world/en/profile/bilater...ol/partner/deu
    Sounds good. My favorite example of corss-border cooperation is Frankfurt/Oder and Słubice. The two cities have a precinct building in Poland and have mixed police patrols. That isn't a singular thing, similar patrols exist along the border. But it feels more important there. For one, it's close to where I grew up. Secondly, Frankfurt/Oder used to include Słubice before the war. Even during the GDR there was little cooperation across the border compared to now. Now you have people working in Germany, living in Poland. The uni in Frankfurt has dorms in Poland as well. The cooperation is only growing.

It ends up being the same thing. German court ruled that the EU law isn't supreme over German law. Same as the poles.
    Really? Because budgetary independence is part of the EU treaties. Poland went all parts of Polish law supersede EU law. That is a difference. Plus the German court decision is in review. Is the Polish one in review as well? And yes, the German court decision was immediately named as a template Poland might use, but I still see some important differences.
    nevar forget

M8 im not a lawyer so i can't really debate these things in such detail but from my perspective it seems quite similar.

M8 im not a lawyer so i can't really debate these things in such detail but from my perspective it seems quite similar.
    Germany: ruling means a single law is viewed a overruling the EU law, decision made by supreme court against the position of the German government
    Poland: ruling affects all Polish laws which overrule the corresponding EU laws, decision made by supreme court appointed by the Polish government upon that government requesting that ruling

The legal step of overruling is the same. Intent and scope differ radically. The Polish government chose to let their court given them a ruling that they can do whatever they want regardless of EU laws. The German government didn't want the ruling they got to happen and that ruling a) applies to a single thing and b) is being reviewed in a legal process.

You should stop criticizing Germany, their goverment have good intentions so breaking EU law is not a big deal.