hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 55 of 60 FirstFirst ... 54552535455565758 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 1185

Thread: (Germany über alles) Superior EU Politics Thread

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Contemporary Poster View Post
    Hang on weren't we being told there would never be an EU army prior to the UK vote to leave?
    We were told the UK would veto it.

Without Brexit would it be required?
    Can't be a true federal state without an army so I suspect it was on the cards since the beginning.

Hang on weren't we being told there would never be an EU army prior to the UK vote to leave?

Can't be a true federal state without an army so I suspect it was on the cards since the beginning.
    We want eight and we won't wait!

Ever get the feeling you aren’t wanted and all your friends are having a party without you?

This.

The UK is basically in part responsible for this happening. As pointed out earlier, when your closest allies are either shit or are leaving you, and on the other side a big country is being openly hostile, this only makes sense.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post

This.

The UK is basically in part responsible for this happening. As pointed out earlier, when your closest allies are either shit or are leaving you, and on the other side a big country is being openly hostile, this only makes sense.
    The US isn't being that hostile dude. I doubt they'll invade.

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post

This.

The US isn't being that hostile dude. I doubt they'll invade.
    Oh piss off.

Banned
    You're a very rude young man you know.

You're a very rude young man you know.
    Deal with it.

Banned
    I'm hardened to it but you might want to work on it as it only makes you look bad.

I'm hardened to it but you might want to work on it as it only makes you look bad.
    I don't care you know. I'd rather have that than be proven to be a complete idiot through my amazing rational thinking, which you're managing beautifully.
    Last edited by Isyel; November 14 2017 at 06:57:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Venec View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Lol. Poland cannot into History.
    This is what happens when you consistently ignore socio-economic issues for several years in favour of boosting the economy and big business. Nearly every goverment since the 90s followed religiously neoliberalism, even supposedly left wing one.
    Said every commie ever in response to anything. In reality the problem lies in current government literally riding on back of those people to power. Very similiar how Trump played on racist overtones. Those morons now feel enabled and accepted to display their retardation in public. Now it's not end of the world - they were always here and it's not really nazis on the rise, it's just now they are coming out of woodwork without fear of being ridiculed or persecuted.
    You need to look why they got elected in the first place. And if your response to is to call people commies who criticize current mainsteam, just like our liberals do, then have fun with decades of PiS dictatorship. I don't know if I'll be sticking around, I have friends who already fucked off to Germany. Might as well join them.
    They got elected because majority of us couldn't give enough of a fuck to move our fat asses to voting booth after saturday's debauchery.
    That's way too simplistic answer to this and you know it.

Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Lol. Poland cannot into History.
    This is what happens when you consistently ignore socio-economic issues for several years in favour of boosting the economy and big business. Nearly every goverment since the 90s followed religiously neoliberalism, even supposedly left wing one.
    Said every commie ever in response to anything. In reality the problem lies in current government literally riding on back of those people to power. Very similiar how Trump played on racist overtones. Those morons now feel enabled and accepted to display their retardation in public. Now it's not end of the world - they were always here and it's not really nazis on the rise, it's just now they are coming out of woodwork without fear of being ridiculed or persecuted.
    You need to look why they got elected in the first place. And if your response to is to call people commies who criticize current mainsteam, just like our liberals do, then have fun with decades of PiS dictatorship. I don't know if I'll be sticking around, I have friends who already fucked off to Germany. Might as well join them.
    They got elected because majority of us couldn't give enough of a fuck to move our fat asses to voting booth after saturday's debauchery.
    That's way too simplistic answer to this and you know it.
    No, it's not. When only crazies are voting and rest of us stays home we get what we have now.

Ok, then keep patting yourself on the back that you're one of the good guys while our opposition have no clue what people want or need and runs around like headless chickens.

You lost me.

Quote Originally Posted by Timaios View Post
    While as a Finn I do like the sentiment and all this Finland Stronk huff-puff, the fact is that Finland did lose both wars. It's kinda academic to ponder how good a K/D-ratio Finns got when they still lost the fight. And I don't see how anyone in their right mind would consider that in a hypothetical situation anything else would happen today as well.

And as Russia would really not like a NATO Finland, EU guarantees and a common army is probably the politically most sensible approach (and potentially tolerable by Russia as well), so it makes sense to try to aim for that in EU politics.
    the point is just as much that you lot have a tradition for making the "blood and iron" price so high as to make any military adventurism meaningless, even if defeated you're left with a angry population over a massively spread out country with plenty of access to firearms meaning the place needs to be either left to run itself or will require significant occupation forces.

i am personally iffy on the whole EU army thing, i can see the potential, but i don't trust the political apparatus of the EU with such a force to be frank. the union's democratic deficit in large part driven by the weak parliament and the informal way power is actually held by the commission (who is picked by the governments of individual countries, leading to picks that are, at times downright corrupt and/or utterly inept) and the council of Europe (who's voting system changes every fucking treaty more or less, with the Lisbon treaty being a step backwards in some respects) coupled with the outcome of recent military adventurism in Libya and nary a eyelid batted at the outcome.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

You lost me.
    The current narration is that they haven't got a clue (or don't want to admit) why they lost elections and they don't even have an answer the poor parody of social programs PiS is trying to implement. And it frankly pisses me off more than their negligence in things like communal housing, healthcare, job stability and economic safety of lower classes or continuing drainage of workforce, money and investments from smaller towns to bigger ones, to name just a few socio-economic reasons without getting into ideological ones, because we all, left and liberals, lost that battle to the far right.

You lost me.
    The current narration is that they haven't got a clue (or don't want to admit) why they lost elections and they don't even have an answer the poor parody of social programs PiS is trying to implement. And it frankly pisses me off more than their negligence in things like communal housing, healthcare, job stability and economic safety of lower classes or continuing drainage of workforce, money and investments from smaller towns to bigger ones, to name just a few socio-economic reasons without getting into ideological ones, because we all, left and liberals, lost that battle to the far right.
    doesn't that require they put up a fight?

polish politics is hard to follow from up here, but i figure your lot did the same as the rest of the european liberal/centre left parties and basically huffed so much neoliberal glue that they decided they wanted to be conservative.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

You lost me.
    The current narration is that they haven't got a clue (or don't want to admit) why they lost elections and they don't even have an answer the poor parody of social programs PiS is trying to implement. And it frankly pisses me off more than their negligence in things like communal housing, healthcare, job stability and economic stability of lower classes or continuing drainage of workforce, money and investments from smaller towns to bigger ones, to name just a few socio-economic reasons without getting into ideological ones, because we all lost that battle to the far right.
    That's accurate description of current opposition. I have to unfortunately agree. I would even argue that it's even a bigger problem that damage PiS currently doing. I really hope Biedron wants to start playing the big game, otherwise there's noone to stop them or repair damage done.

You lost me.
    The current narration is that they haven't got a clue (or don't want to admit) why they lost elections and they don't even have an answer the poor parody of social programs PiS is trying to implement. And it frankly pisses me off more than their negligence in things like communal housing, healthcare, job stability and economic stability of lower classes or continuing drainage of workforce, money and investments from smaller towns to bigger ones, to name just a few socio-economic reasons without getting into ideological ones, because we all lost that battle to the far right.
    That's accurate description of current opposition. I have to unfortunately agree. I would even argue that it's even a bigger problem that damage PiS currently doing. I really hope Biedron wants to start playing the big game, otherwise there's noone to stop them or repair damage done.
    The only people who are consistent in their answers towards PiS is Razem, with keeping their shit together and being there where they should, but they're not poster boys of liberal media and remain mainly unrecognizable. And I wouldn't expect anything else from a society that calls a moderate social-democratic party "fucking commies". I agree Biedroń should take more active role in bigger politics, even though he's closer to our liberals than where I would want to see him, he seems charismatic and effective.

Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    You lost me.
    doesn't that require they put up a fight?

polish politics is hard to follow from up here, but i figure your lot did the same as the rest of the european liberal/centre left parties and basically huffed so much neoliberal glue that they decided they wanted to be conservative.
    They p. much did that.

Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget