Page 120 of 129 FirstFirst ... 2070110117118119120121122123 ... LastLast
Results 2,381 to 2,400 of 2567

Thread: (Germany über alles) Superior EU Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholai Pestot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mewninn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dzajic View Post
    Taking to educated middle class French people, France is horribly uncompetitive and difficult to do business in.

35h work week, no overtime, uber strong unions and workers councils... Maternity leave is meh though. Also don't know the retirement age...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    I guess they're not participating in a race to the bottom
    The truth is, enough is never enough.
    Funny how a certain type sees that as a sin for employees and a virtue for employers.
    it's more a commentary on the human condition than any kind of abstract classist anachronism.
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by Candy Crush View Post
    Wouldn't that be a sight to behold... if only

Edgy. Also fake.
    Last edited by Lachesis VII; December 2 2018 at 09:32:08 PM.

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    So whats your beef with Macron?

Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    His policies benefits bankers and capitalists, while harming the people and enabling right wing populism (so the perfect neoliberal). Hence the gigantic riots.

His policies benefits bankers and capitalists, while harming the people and enabling right wing populism (so the perfect neoliberal). Hence the gigantic riots.
    I find entire protest hilarious. Right now in Serbia gas is 1.55 euro compared to 1.7x? currently in France. Yes they plan to raise the prices in France, that is what protest is about, but even then if we compare the average salary difference... So silly spoiled Euros are just whining. With our tax levels and their salaries I'd say it should be at least 5 euro per litre :P

Donor
    I find entire protest hilarious. Right now in Serbia gas is 1.55 euro compared to 1.7x? currently in France. Yes they plan to raise the prices in France, that is what protest is about, but even then if we compare the average salary difference... So silly spoiled Euros are just whining. With our tax levels and their salaries I'd say it should be at least 5 euro per litre :P
    $2.50ish in freedom land a gallon but your free stuff has to come from somewhere and gas tax is an avenue for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post
    $2.50ish in freedom land a gallon but your free stuff has to come from somewhere and gas tax is an avenue for it.
    $3.92 in best Commiefornia (for premium, yes. I use premium).
    meh

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...ate-owen-jones

Macron is far more popular internationally than in France, where dissatisfaction with his presidency has surged to 58% less than a year after his election. Here is a man who owes his power to good luck rather than any vindication of his political philosophy. In the first round of the French presidential election, he scored less than a quarter of the vote, and not dramatically more than three other candidates including the far-right Marine Le Pen and radical left Jean-Luc Mélenchon. Macron’s thumping second-round victory was less an endorsement and more a rejection of fascism.

French scepticism towards Macron contrasts sharply with his own lack of self-doubt. He refused to be questioned by journalists because his “complex thought processes” were ill-suited for such a setting. His denunciations of his opponents would not be out of place on Donald Trump’s Twitter feed: they are “slackers” and “do-nothings”, while workers protesting over job losses should stop “wreaking havoc” and look for a job elsewhere. Macron is a pound-shop Margaret Thatcher, redistributing wealth to those with too much of it, while assaulting workers’ rights and France’s hard-won social model. His tax changes have gifted the hundred wealthiest households more than half a million euros a year: the top 1% captured 44% of his new tax breaks.

For the less affluent, it’s a different story. This former investment banker has slashed housing benefit, and hiked taxes on pensioners – in a country where the average monthly pension is just €1,300 (£1,100). His policies have shifted the workplace balance of power from workers to bosses. French students are staging occupations and protests against more selective entry requirements for universities, derided as an attack on free universal education and France’s social model.

Another pillar of his agenda is privatisation, including of France’s airports and part of the national energy utility. His confrontation with rail workers is seen as an attempt to lay the foundations for a catastrophic British-style privatisation of the railway industry. EU-mandated deregulation will mean foreign companies can soon compete with the state rail company SNCF, and Macron is transforming it from a state enterprise into a limited company; exactly what happened with the formerly state-owned France Télécom.

So-called centrists are supposed to be socially liberal. Macron exposes this pernicious myth for what it is. A man who courted left-leaning voters by promising a humane policy towards migrants and refugees now has them firmly in his sights. The number of days a person without papers can be imprisoned in a detention centre is to be doubled; the consideration time period for asylum has been halved, meaning fewer refugees will be accepted. Charities warn that refugees fleeing war will be deported. Macron’s interior minister, Gérard Collomb, claims that communities are “breaking up because they are overwhelmed by the inflow of asylum seekers”. No wonder the far-right Front National has described his policies as a “political victory”.
    Yeah, it's clearly just spoiled frogs crying about the price of gas and not the straw that broke the camel's back.

It's the Guardian. I mean, fuck, I read their articles. But they are slightly less left than damn HuffPo.

It's the Guardian. I mean, fuck, I read their articles. But they are slightly less left than damn HuffPo.

Please explain which part of the above op-ed, which I agree with 100%, is incorrect. Besides just saying "iTS thE guARDiAn"

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...ate-owen-jones

Macron is far more popular internationally than in France, where dissatisfaction with his presidency has surged to 58% less than a year after his election. Here is a man who owes his power to good luck rather than any vindication of his political philosophy. In the first round of the French presidential election, he scored less than a quarter of the vote, and not dramatically more than three other candidates including the far-right Marine Le Pen and radical left Jean-Luc Mélenchon. Macron’s thumping second-round victory was less an endorsement and more a rejection of fascism.

French scepticism towards Macron contrasts sharply with his own lack of self-doubt. He refused to be questioned by journalists because his “complex thought processes” were ill-suited for such a setting. His denunciations of his opponents would not be out of place on Donald Trump’s Twitter feed: they are “slackers” and “do-nothings”, while workers protesting over job losses should stop “wreaking havoc” and look for a job elsewhere. Macron is a pound-shop Margaret Thatcher, redistributing wealth to those with too much of it, while assaulting workers’ rights and France’s hard-won social model. His tax changes have gifted the hundred wealthiest households more than half a million euros a year: the top 1% captured 44% of his new tax breaks.

For the less affluent, it’s a different story. This former investment banker has slashed housing benefit, and hiked taxes on pensioners – in a country where the average monthly pension is just €1,300 (£1,100). His policies have shifted the workplace balance of power from workers to bosses. French students are staging occupations and protests against more selective entry requirements for universities, derided as an attack on free universal education and France’s social model.

Another pillar of his agenda is privatisation, including of France’s airports and part of the national energy utility. His confrontation with rail workers is seen as an attempt to lay the foundations for a catastrophic British-style privatisation of the railway industry. EU-mandated deregulation will mean foreign companies can soon compete with the state rail company SNCF, and Macron is transforming it from a state enterprise into a limited company; exactly what happened with the formerly state-owned France Télécom.

So-called centrists are supposed to be socially liberal. Macron exposes this pernicious myth for what it is. A man who courted left-leaning voters by promising a humane policy towards migrants and refugees now has them firmly in his sights. The number of days a person without papers can be imprisoned in a detention centre is to be doubled; the consideration time period for asylum has been halved, meaning fewer refugees will be accepted. Charities warn that refugees fleeing war will be deported. Macron’s interior minister, Gérard Collomb, claims that communities are “breaking up because they are overwhelmed by the inflow of asylum seekers”. No wonder the far-right Front National has described his policies as a “political victory”.
    Yeah, it's clearly just spoiled frogs crying about the price of gas and not the straw that broke the camel's back.
    "average monthly pension of JUST 1300€"

https://read.oecd-ilibrary.org/socia...2017-en#page22

sound of the tyniest violin playing.mp3

I'd say they're very well equipped for the race to bottom.

Lazier than even the greeks, if that chart is to be believed.
    meh

Please explain which part of the above op-ed, which I agree with 100%, is incorrect. Besides just saying "iTS thE guARDiAn"
    I thought the bit tarring all centrists was a bit much, and I read the guardian every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post

I thought the bit tarring all centrists was a bit much, and I read the guardian every day.
    Oh boo fucking hoo.

Anyone remotely left these days gets nothing but shit from your lot, let me hear the tiny violin a bit more please.

France is economically productive unlike Greece.

Weren't we just talking about how France is one of the most expensive countries to live in a couple of pages ago? 1300eur is hardly much.
    Last edited by Approaching Walrus; December 3 2018 at 09:22:38 AM.

When the centre stops enabling the far right with political incompetence and the urge to suck the dick of anyone with money you can start complaining about people throwing shit at you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post

Oh boo fucking hoo.

Anyone remotely left these days gets nothing but shit from your lot, let me hear the tiny violin a bit more please.
    Well what else do you lot expect

Careful not head hit on rock!
    laughs in Slovenian

France is economically productive unlike Greece.

Weren't we just talking about how France is one of the most expensive countries to live in a couple of pages ago? 1300eur is hardly much.
    France actually collects taxes, very unlike Greece.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.