hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 102 of 128 FirstFirst ... 2529299100101102103104105112 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,040 of 2549

Thread: (Germany über alles) Superior EU Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Meester View Post

I know there are benefits yet what about the consequences? Numbers on paper might look nice yet they are not assets in any real sense. Peoples fortunes can be wiped out through a delete key or virus.
    In a post full of things I could choose, I choose this gem.

wat?
    "Dont keep all you eggs in one basked"
    Most Germans keep an actual cash reserve because we dont trust banks.

Most German pensioners have a savings account. Do they think their money follows them to the afterlife?
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

If the banks collapse whatuse dothey think cash will be?

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Caine View Post
    Most families in Austria/Germany have gold jewellery and coins. At least Austria have official gold coins made.

Quote Originally Posted by Caldrion Dosto View Post
    Most families in Austria/Germany have gold jewellery and coins. At least Austria have official gold coins made.
    Ah, ok. Much better than cash for sure if it comes to a full meltdown.
    Personally I’m stocking up on toilet paper. That’s the real barter gold

Germans seems to think that every EU country can simultaneously run a trade a surplus so I wouldn't credit them with many smarts in the way of economic thinking.
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Germans seems to think that every EU country can simultaneously run a trade a surplus so I wouldn't credit them with many smarts in the way of economic thinking.
    But if we can do it, why can ze other countries not manage it??

Most German pensioners have a savings account. Do they think their money follows them to the afterlife?
    Many think it will pay for their funeral, and then the rest might go to their children. So weird, I know!

Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    TBH we just pretend to think that so you whinge more about how stupid we are and less about our trade surplus. Looking at you guys it seems to be working as intended.

Quote Originally Posted by GeromeDoutrande View Post
    TBH we just pretend to think that so you whinge more about how stupid we are and less about our trade surplus. Looking at you guys it seems to be working as intended.
    Good luck with that. I'm sure there will be no negative long-term repercussions from impoverishing the countries you export to.

Many think it will pay for their funeral, and then the rest might go to their children. So weird, I know!
    Yeah that is pretty weird since you can pay for funerals in advance and a personal savings account is a terrible vehicle for any non negligible amount of inheritance.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholai Pestot View Post
    Good luck with that. I'm sure there will be no negative long-term repercussions from impoverishing the countries you export to.
    Not impoverishing, we're enriching them with our great VW diesel vehicles and similar high-quality goods, thank you very much.

Yeah that is pretty weird since you can pay for funerals in advance and a personal savings account is a terrible vehicle for any non negligible amount of inheritance.
    Funerals: The best you can do in Germany is pay part of the expenses in advance, and even that is often not possible depending on the funeral care place you have to use (they simply don't do that and there tends to be no competition or market to make them, you will be glad to hear), plus there are additional expenses (e.g. for newspaper announcements, post-burial reception at a restaurant etc.).

Savings accounts: are objectively shit for pretty much anything other than storing some emergency cash, but even in Germany people do not usually have very large savings accounts in retirement. The median amount of money in savings accounts of a 75 year-old German is 12700 EUR for those who have savings accounts (74% of all).

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan Dax View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Meester View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post

I don't get this obsession with cashless payment. Yeah, I'm German. And call me paranoid, but when every single cent you spend can be tracked, I don't consider this to be a good thing. We've already got all sorts of shady correlations going on tied to spending habits. I don't think we need more of it.
    Agreed.

Its just a reflection of a lazy society when convenience is peoples sole motivator.
    That said, I very much share Hel Oween's concern on privacy matters. Strong regulation needs to be in place and properly enforced.
    That's never in our lifetime going to happen. Current (IT) develpment "outinovates" all legislation. Before the mostly ignorant public is aware of it, we'll be in a lot of trouble, with all the data-sharing going on. Look no further than insurance companies handing out discounts for wearing fitness trackers and doing "porper workout". With everything cashless, god forbid you eat some candy. And when lawmakers finally realize that some regulations are badly needed, we end up with same situation we're currently in with FB and Google and Twitter owning the social media market and bsaically have free reign there. Just look how many zimes FB has been caught "pants down" provacy-wise, how many times Zuckerberg stated- in hearings mo less - "Mea culpa!". And did nothing to really fix the core issue.

In Europe, due to regulation, there are trusts, financed by the respective banks, which "insures"/fully guarantees ones savings up to 100,000 EUR (per bank). So spread your savings around and even millions are secured.

In Europe, due to regulation, there are trusts, financed by the respective banks, which "insures"/fully guarantees ones savings up to 100,000 EUR.
    In America, it's $250000, per account.
    meh

In Europe, due to regulation, there are trusts, financed by the respective banks, which "insures"/fully guarantees ones savings up to 100,000 EUR (per bank). So spread your savings around and even millions are secured.
    Soooo....it doesn’t need to be kept in cash then? Since it’s insured anyway? Unless I’m missing something here.

Soooo....it doesn’t need to be kept in cash then? Since it’s insured anyway? Unless I’m missing something here.
    You're missing the autistic German obsession of hoarding savings.

You're missing the autistic German obsession of hoarding savings.
    You know, you could probably have said the same thing without the insult.

Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

I wouldn't have enjoyed it as much.