hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 190 of 196 FirstFirst ... 90140180187188189190191192193 ... LastLast
Results 3,781 to 3,800 of 3903

Thread: (Germany über alles) Superior EU Politics Thread

Oh that's cute, you publicly announce when you're wiretapping political parties. You Germans have let down your surveillance state game this century.

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    In typical fashion, sort of losing the point in all the pedantry.
    I know you have serious issues with me. But what did you want me to post?

"Yay, finally!"?

There's nothing else to say about the fact that the party is now under surveillance. Which btw parts of the party already had been. Their far right wing group dissolved itself before they could be banned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    Oh that's cute, you publicly announce when you're wiretapping political parties. You Germans have let down your surveillance state game this century.
    Oh fuck off. It's this way because of our experiences in the last century.

And less the Nazis, who simply put those from other parties in camps, but from the GDR, which spied on everyone extensively.

@HelOween: only the members of the Bundestag are no longer under surveillance. Certain groups of the Linke still are very much under surveillance, like the Kommunistische Plattform and the Marxistische Forum. And going by those names, that's not a surprise.

Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

Oh come on. "Let down your surveillance state game" - like having a surveillance state is a good thing?

I'm well aware why you do that. I'm pointing out that it's actually a reasonable position by playing up the absurdity of the alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    Oh come on. "Let down your surveillance state game" - like having a surveillance state is a good thing?

I'm well aware why you do that. I'm pointing out that it's actually a reasonable position by playing up the absurdity of the alternative.
    I'm East German. Let's just say you hit a nerve for a ton of reasons.
    nevar forget

https://www.dw.com/en/german-court-s...now/a-56785125

A court has stopped the surveillance. A challenge by the AfD was still in a court and not resolved. The Verfassungsschutz has to wait until then.
    nevar forget

So does this mean that the covert off the books surveillance has turned up something that would be actionable in court and thus the security services now have to backfill in legit request to rubber stamp the evidence they know they will already find?

Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    So does this mean that the covert off the books surveillance has turned up something that would be actionable in court and thus the security services now have to backfill in legit request to rubber stamp the evidence they know they will already find?
    No.

Did you read the article I linked?
    It answers your question. Here the relevant bit as to what the AfD went to court over:

The AfD filed two legal cases and two emergency motions against the BfV, German press agency dpa reported last week.

It filed the cases after reports leaked that the BfV was preparing to put the whole party under surveillance over potential ties to far-right extremism.

The AfD reasoned that being investigated would undermine its right to participate in elections on an equal footing with other political parties.

The far-right opposition party is hoping to keep its image clean ahead of upcoming national and some state elections this year.

The AfD had previously secured a court ruling that prevented the BfV publicly calling it a "case under investigation."
    BfV is the Bundesamt für Verfassungsschutz, the federal domestic intelligence service.

Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

https://www.dutchnews.nl/news/2021/0...ion-live-blog/

TLDR: all center/right parties gain seats, even Geert Wilders PVV, Rutte's party the biggest winner.

The losers? The left/green parties

This is good for capitalism!
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post

TLDR: all center/right parties gain seats, even Geert Wilders PVV, Rutte's party the biggest winner.

-3 seats is gaining seats eh

Do you Dutch sleep on a bike too?

Quote Originally Posted by Candy Crush View Post
    Do you Dutch sleep on a bike too?

As childeren we actually spent a fair bit of time sleeping on bikes yes.

Sadly the left got fucking destroyed. Its going to be intetesting to see if D66 can actually get the VVD to shift more to the middle or whether VVD is going to maneuver them into being yes men. Given how easily Rutte outplays everyone else im not optimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Coutu View Post

Yeah it looked like PVV was going to gain seats but they didn't, FVD (another right wing party) took seats from them and from the left leaning parties. Thanks for the factcheck!

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Foiritain View Post
    Sadly the left got fucking destroyed. Its going to be intetesting to see if D66 can actually get the VVD to shift more to the middle or whether VVD is going to maneuver them into being yes men. Given how easily Rutte outplays everyone else im not optimistic.
    I mean Jesse Klaver and the other party leaders are fucking clowns so it's no surprise the left got destroyed
    Last edited by Approaching Walrus; March 18 2021 at 12:04:57 PM.

Yeah it looked like PVV was going to gain seats but they didn't, FVD (another right wing party) took seats from them and from the left leaning parties. Thanks for the factcheck!

I mean Jesse Klaver and the other party leaders are fucking clowns so it's no surprise the left got destroyed
    The fact that such a small country has ten plus political parties is pretty wild, what's the main difference between PVV and FVD? It looks like if you enjoy being a right wing nutter but don't enjoy knitting you'd form a new party.

The fact that such a large country has only two political parties is even more wild.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

This is your brain on american

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    The fact that such a large country has only two political parties is even more wild.
    I mean it's not really something I've debated in favor of have I? The UK doesn't have more than a handful of parties, and those that are below the main ones are barely worth considering unless the main two fail really hard. I mean again, when you just end up forming a coalition government, the differences start to become kinda silly with 20 parties. It's better in the long run, but pretending there's a real difference in the "left vs right" style opposition in the UK is kinda laughable.
    Last edited by Jack Coutu; March 18 2021 at 08:26:49 PM.

Coalition governments regularly pass more progressive policies than winner takes all FPTP elected governments. That's a pretty big difference.

The fact that such a small country has ten plus political parties is pretty wild, what's the main difference between PVV and FVD? It looks like if you enjoy being a right wing nutter but don't enjoy knitting you'd form a new party.
    Dutch people dont like agreeing to shit so we just make more parties. There were 37 parties in total this election though most obviously dont get enough votes to qualify for a seat.

As for those parties; The PVV hates non-white people and wants them out of the country but doesnt really do much of anything and mostly exists so their leader can collect 10k/month salary. FVD was originally about racial segregation/restart the trains/gas the jews (but dressing it up in fancy words obv). Whatsapp chats got leaked that blew a rather big hole in their 'were not nazis the MSM are trying to silence us with labels and cancel culture!!!' excuse, people got mad, the party fractured and ~80% of their supporters fucked off. They decided to switch to a corona isnt real/THEYN TAKING OLUR FREEDOM focus instead to try and recover but i assume theyll get back to the racism thing once the corona is gone.
    Last edited by Joshua Foiritain; March 18 2021 at 10:11:51 PM.

The ability to read doesn't help me with this. What does it tell us, 4 more years of the same?