hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 32 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2229303132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: (Germany über alles) Superior EU Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Caldrion Dosto View Post
    "The coast guard asked for the ship to be docked at the port at Rhodes immediately, and we did not accept this. They wanted to check (the ship), and we didn't accept that," he told the broadcaster. "They said they would fire if we didn't stop, they did what they said."

"I can't believe he actually did what he told me he was going to do." - Turkroach merchant navy captain

Quote Originally Posted by Spawinte View Post
    "I can't believe he actually did what he told me he was going to do." - Turkroach merchant navy captain
    I know, it's pretty shocking. I've never heard of a Greek wanting to shoot at Turks before, so this was almost unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    So how long do we have until we discover lovecraftian horrors streaming out of Antarctica and reclaiming the planet?
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Canadians are usually cooler.
    Thermonuclear Banana Split - A not-really-weekly Eclipse Phase campaign journal

Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    This is what greenhouse earth would look like (no ice caps), 80% of earth's history has been in the greenhouse phase. We're currently in icehouse phase obv.

edit: and greenland being one solid landmass is disputed now, they're pretty sure it would end up as an archipelago for a while until post glacial rebound raised the crust

There is a lot more land during icehouse phase. Icehouse there is land to walk from Russia to 'Murica, Florida almost reaches Mexico madagascar can not shut down everything etc etc. It would probably be facinating to discover what pieces of human civilization history is chilling at the bottom of the sea atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Caldrion Dosto View Post
    "The coast guard asked for the ship to be docked at the port at Rhodes immediately, and we did not accept this. They wanted to check (the ship), and we didn't accept that," he told the broadcaster. "They said they would fire if we didn't stop, they did what they said."
    so erdogan had his Reichstagsbrand, and now he wants his polish border accident? ))

Some minor handbags in the parliament as Juncker complains about the poor attendance. He's right imo.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-40492396

Quote Originally Posted by Spawinte View Post
    Some minor handbags in the parliament as Juncker complains about the poor attendance. He's right imo.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-40492396

Yeah, a rare example of Juncker not being a dick. He's definitely got a point here, it was basically empty.

This is what greenhouse earth would look like (no ice caps), 80% of earth's history has been in the greenhouse phase. We're currently in icehouse phase obv.

edit: and greenland being one solid landmass is disputed now, they're pretty sure it would end up as an archipelago for a while until post glacial rebound raised the crust

There is a lot more land during icehouse phase. Icehouse there is land to walk from Russia to 'Murica, Florida almost reaches Mexico madagascar can not shut down everything etc etc. It would probably be facinating to discover what pieces of human civilization history is chilling at the bottom of the sea atm.
    Oh shit. Well there goes my brand new house that's currently only 1mile from the coast

Looks like most of London will go too though... so its not all bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandzibar View Post

Oh shit. Well there goes my brand new house that's currently only 1mile from the coast

I think i might be ok. I'm really close to the coast (1/4 of a mile), but am about 100ft above sea level. If the water rises that much, i think we are all pretty fucked.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Caine View Post

I think i might be ok. I'm really close to the coast (1/4 of a mile), but am about 100ft above sea level. If the water rises that much, i think we are all pretty fucked.
    I'm on the North Downs which will presumably become a little archipelago.

Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post

Could be fun. Actually i'm kind of on one side of a river valley, so i might have my own island once that floods. Pretty awesome.

Could be fun. Actually i'm kind of on one side of a river valley, so i might have my own island once that floods. Pretty awesome.
    Hmm, for me Michigan seems unchanged. Which is good for emergency fresh water supplies in the best country in the universe.

Yeah, I made sure I purchased above 200ft. #planningahead
    meh

Hmm, for me Michigan seems unchanged. Which is good for emergency fresh water supplies in the best country in the universe.
    I would have thought certain parts of Michigan would benefit from a good sinking tbh.

I would have thought certain parts of Michigan would benefit from a good sinking tbh.
    It's contained surrounded by its own filth and detritus. Also whenever it tries to reincarnate itself it starts from the center out. Someday it might be something neat again. Drowning it will just cause problems.

I thought I caught this first on the BBC or (or Au ABC) but the only link offhand I can find is here,

A European alt-right group wants to take to the sea to stop rescuers from saving migrants

"Members of “Generation Identity” plan Greenpeace-style guerrilla activism against migration. They want to use their own boat to intercept NGO humanitarian ships."

Don't they remember what happened to the Rainbow Warrior?

The myth of the German jobs miracle
    https://ftalphaville.ft.com/2017/07/...-jobs-miracle/

Envious anglo propaganda obvs

Quote Originally Posted by GeromeDoutrande View Post

Care to share it? Fuck signing up.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilalaunebör View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GeromeDoutrande View Post

Care to share it? Fuck signing up.
    I'd guess it's the typical centrist act of fudging the figures to fit their narrative.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.