hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 82 of 105 FirstFirst ... 32727980818283848592 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,640 of 2095

Thread: (Germany über alles) Superior EU Politics Thread

I am just flabbergasted at this timeline.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn LENNY2 met Tapatalk
    Schopenhauer:

All truth passes through three stages.
    First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as being self-evident..

Heard about that on the news. My oven was off by six minutes. But yeah, this also means wide ranging power outages are rare, because spikes and power station outages can be met by neighboring countries, which will have their neighbors balance that and so on, until someone just activates some reserves (like Norwegians using hydro power for spikes, or someone putting in a rod more into their nuclear reactor).
    nevar forget

powergrids are fascinating things all round, hence why i plan to study high-voltage electrical systems come this summer. ^.^

did you know Denmark is the only country in europe where the frequency is not synced across the country ? half the country sits in the Central European Grid, the other half on the Scandinavian grid meaning transfer of power back and forth happen by DC across Storebælt.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    powergrids are fascinating things all round, hence why i plan to study high-voltage electrical systems come this summer. ^.^

did you know Denmark is the only country in europe where the frequency is not synced across the country ? half the country sits in the Central European Grid, the other half on the Scandinavian grid meaning transfer of power back and forth happen by DC across Smørrebrød.
    Fucking Danes.
    Будь смиренным, будь кротким, не заботься о тленном
    Власти, данной Богом, сынок, будь навеки верным...
    Я люблю Росcию, я - патриот

>studying high voltage systems

You really are a massive autist.

AC fags get fucked.
    Last edited by Elriche Oshego; March 9 2018 at 10:49:46 PM.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Heard about that on the news. My oven was off by six minutes. But yeah, this also means wide ranging power outages are rare, because spikes and power station outages can be met by neighboring countries, which will have their neighbors balance that and so on, until someone just activates some reserves (like Norwegians using hydro power for spikes, or someone putting in a rod more into their nuclear reactor).
    Can someone explain to me how, in an era where quartz clocks have been around for decades, an appliance's time can be affected by the AC frequency?
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    Can someone explain to me how, in an era where quartz clocks have been around for decades, an appliance's time can be affected by the AC frequency?
    Most appliance clocks use the electricity cycle as their atomic counter. So 216000 cycles an hour at 60hz. If the supply only delivers say, 215000 cycles in an hour, you clock drifts back by that amount.
    meh

And if I am not mistaken a quartz time piece uses electricity to cause the crystal to vibrate anyway.

My grandfather's clock is powered by gravity and it drifts by 5 min every week.

Which European country messes up the gravitational constant?

Your mum

I'm curious if it's affecting things like old card punch clocks in factories, I have to assume there are still places using things like that. Or industrial machinery with processes timed from that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    Because beancounters.

Derpin from Chinaphone
    2/10/17 Greatposthellpurge never forget
    23/10/17 The Greatreposteninging ?

Quote Originally Posted by Straight Hustlin View Post
    And if I am not mistaken a quartz time piece uses electricity to cause the crystal to vibrate anyway.
    Lol yeah, and?

It'll still always oscillate at the same base frequency. It's the entire point of having it.

Derpin from Chinaphone
    2/10/17 Greatposthellpurge never forget
    23/10/17 The Greatreposteninging ?

Quote Originally Posted by Sparq View Post
    I'm curious if it's affecting things like old card punch clocks in factories, I have to assume there are still places using things like that. Or industrial machinery with processes timed from that.
    Process machinery has its own timers.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoffl View Post
    Lol yeah, and?

It'll still always oscillate at the same base frequency. It's the entire point of having it.

Derpin from Chinaphone
    You wouldn't run AC through a quartz crystal anyway would you?? (I genuinely don't know)

Quote Originally Posted by Spawinte View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoffl View Post
    Lol yeah, and?

Derpin from Chinaphone
    You wouldn't run AC through a quartz crystal anyway would you?? (I genuinely don't know)
    I wouldn't have thought so
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Ay Italia, como ti amo.

So, just to check, we are saying that's really Berlusconi and not a cosplay from the uncanny valley?

Guess this goes into EU politics.

Funny court decision in Romania:

In a case reminiscent of a Kafka novel, a Romanian court has ruled that a 63-year-old man is dead despite what would appear to be convincing evidence to the contrary: the man himself appearing alive and well in court.

Constantin Reliu asked the court in the town of Barlad to overturn a death certificate obtained by his wife after he had spent more than a decade in Turkey, during which time he was out of contact with his family. The court told him he was too late, and would have to remain officially deceased.
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...e-is-not-alive

I bet you he still has to pay taxes.