hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 161 of 163 FirstFirst ... 61111151158159160161162163 LastLast
Results 3,201 to 3,220 of 3260

Thread: (Germany über alles) Superior EU Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by dzajic View Post
    Russian gas lobby
    Imma let u finish but RosAtom is the biggest international NPP contractor.

Out of around 40 civilian reactors under construction 15 is built by russians. Only 3 in extra-USSR europe - 2 in Slovakia (russian) and 1 in Finland.

How is that a russian lobby?
    Last edited by RazoR; December 30 2019 at 09:49:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Candy Crush View Post
    2004: Britain will be Siberia by 2024.
    Now to be fair, the jury is still out on this one

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Venec View Post
    I mean, fuck, I know right wing people can be stupid when it comes to the common sense, but how moronic can you get when you treat the threat to your entire species welbeing/existence as an imaginary, political problem?

Explain this to me CC. Why are you so butthurt about everyone else trying to not die in the foreseeable future? Why? Whole fucking point of your beliefs are mantaining status quo or outright backpedalling to "the good old days", YOU should be screaming the loudest about protecting the enviroment that was given to you by a religious deity for safekeeping. I can't fucking wrap my head why it's the other way.
    Don’t be naive, the life expectancy is raising and humanity will solve the environmental problems as it did in past. I’m old enough to remember other predictions:

1966: Oil gone in 10 years.
    1967: Dire famines in western countries by 1975.
    1968: The population bomb in 1970-1980.
    1970: World will used up all natural resources by 2000.
    1970: Urban citizens will require gas masks by 1985.
    1970: Nitrogen buildup will make land infertile.
    1970: Pollution will kill all the fish.
    1970: Killer bees.
    1970: Ice age by 2000.
    1970: Water rationing in US by 1974, food rationing by 1980.
    1971: Ice age by 2020-2030.
    1972: Ice age by 2070.
    1972: Oil depleted by 1992.
    1974: Satellites say ice age coming fast.
    1974: Ozone depletion soon.
    1976: Scientific consensus says the planet is cooling and a famine is imminent.
    1978: No end in sight for the global cooling trend, we're all doomed.
    1980: Acid rain!
    1988: Regional droughts in the UK (that never happened) by 1990.
    1988: Maldives will by underwater by 2018.
    1989: Rising sea levels will destroy the US by 2000.
    1989: New York will be underwater by 2018.
    2000: Children won't know what snow is.
    2002: Famine in 10 years if we don't stop eating fish.
    2005: Manhattan underwater by 2015.
    2006: Super hurricanes! (the opposite is true, they've got weaker on average)
    2008: Al Gore predicts ice caps gone by 2013.
    2009: Prince Charles says we have 96 months to save the world.
    2009: Gordon Brown says we have 50 days to save the world.
    2009: Al Gore says he was wrong by a year, it'll be 2014.
    2013: Arctic ice free by 2015.
    2014: Only 500 days before 'Climate Chaos'.
    2019: Autistic screeching sweedish children...

And something was done in each case.
    And how much of those predictions came from reputable research and scientists? FYI the climate crisis that is starting to unfold right now was accurately predicted by scientists in the 1970's. You are living in a make believe world where you think everything is fine or that it will be. We are, as things are currently standing properly fucked.

Candy can fuck right off as i'm celebrating new year's in a +2 freezing rain. What a tosser.

something something climate change is not entirely human-caused blah blah

And then there is you, an "old enough" man with worse symptoms and nothing to show...

Maybe go work on that you pos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

So because climate change hasn't affected cc personally its not important because science will fix it. Meanwhile Syria is still being blown up after years of climate change caused drought made massive parts of the country infertile leading to civil war. The middle east is becoming a wasteland only saved by the massive stacks of cash being thrown into not becoming a wasteland. Indian and Chinese cities require gas masks because of the smog. The amazon is on fire. Australia is on fire. US West coast is on fire. Venice is underwater. Polar bears are starving because the ice sheets they rely on to walk to their next meal are gone.

But hey science will solve all that before it happens, oh wait no it hasn't.

Sent from my Potato using my fingers

I mean, fuck, I know right wing people can be stupid when it comes to the common sense, but how moronic can you get when you treat the threat to your entire species welbeing/existence as an imaginary, political problem?

Explain this to me CC. Why are you so butthurt about everyone else trying to not die in the foreseeable future? Why? Whole fucking point of your beliefs are mantaining status quo or outright backpedalling to "the good old days", YOU should be screaming the loudest about protecting the enviroment that was given to you by a religious deity for safekeeping. I can't fucking wrap my head why it's the other way.
    Don’t be naive, the life expectancy is raising and humanity will solve the environmental problems as it did in past. I’m old enough to remember other predictions:

1966: Oil gone in 10 years.
    1967: Dire famines in western countries by 1975.
    1968: The population bomb in 1970-1980.
    1970: World will used up all natural resources by 2000.
    1970: Urban citizens will require gas masks by 1985.
    1970: Nitrogen buildup will make land infertile.
    1970: Pollution will kill all the fish.
    1970: Killer bees.
    1970: Ice age by 2000.
    1970: Water rationing in US by 1974, food rationing by 1980.
    1971: Ice age by 2020-2030.
    1972: Ice age by 2070.
    1972: Oil depleted by 1992.
    1974: Satellites say ice age coming fast.
    1974: Ozone depletion soon.
    1976: Scientific consensus says the planet is cooling and a famine is imminent.
    1978: No end in sight for the global cooling trend, we're all doomed.
    1980: Acid rain!
    1988: Regional droughts in the UK (that never happened) by 1990.
    1988: Maldives will by underwater by 2018.
    1989: Rising sea levels will destroy the US by 2000.
    1989: New York will be underwater by 2018.
    2000: Children won't know what snow is.
    2002: Famine in 10 years if we don't stop eating fish.
    2005: Manhattan underwater by 2015.
    2006: Super hurricanes! (the opposite is true, they've got weaker on average)
    2008: Al Gore predicts ice caps gone by 2013.
    2009: Prince Charles says we have 96 months to save the world.
    2009: Gordon Brown says we have 50 days to save the world.
    2009: Al Gore says he was wrong by a year, it'll be 2014.
    2013: Arctic ice free by 2015.
    2014: Only 500 days before 'Climate Chaos'.

And something was done in each case.
    "Nothing needs to be done, because something will be done"

This is your actual argument. Does that really make sense in your own head?

Quote Originally Posted by NoirAvlaa View Post
    So because climate change hasn't affected cc personally its not important because science will fix it. Meanwhile Syria is still being blown up after years of climate change caused drought made massive parts of the country infertile leading to civil war. The middle east is becoming a wasteland only saved by the massive stacks of cash being thrown into not becoming a wasteland. Indian and Chinese cities require gas masks because of the smog. The amazon is on fire. Australia is on fire. US West coast is on fire. Venice is underwater. Polar bears are starving because the ice sheets they rely on to walk to their next meal are gone.

But hey science will solve all that before it happens, oh wait no it hasn't.

Sent from my Potato using my fingers
    To be fair in the case of Venice that's just good ol' Italian corruption that led to the latest flood. They have been building a flood barrier/polder for some time now but it's been beset by delays and cost overruns. It should have been finished by now.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MOSE_Project

Sea levels where humans lived have been rising since many many millenia. Proof? all the under water archeology. That is actually not the point, climate is swinging to more extremes. The outliers on graphs are becoming more common and so stretched.
    I am personally not convinced about the effects of co2 etc. I am convinced however that we need to start seriously stop drowning and choking ourself in our civilizations waste.
    In general this means we stop pumping so much chemicals into the atmosphere, stop drowning the sea in plastic and stop strip mining the land to name just a few.

The vast majority focus on co2 as it is some kind of magical solution is utterly retarded. The above are way more important.
    Schopenhauer:

All truth passes through three stages.
    First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as being self-evident..

Same generation rise Germany from rubble. Now they are old and became a burden, we should put them to sleep and transform them in soylent green.

[video=youtube;yOV8mBjHHYg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOV8mBjHHYg[/vieo]
    Yes

Just a quick reminder that a lot of climate change research has been undertaken and that it is pretty much unanimous in what is causing what and what needs to be done to reduce worse outcomes that those that have already been set in motion.

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    Candy can fuck right off as i'm celebrating new year's in a +2 freezing rain. What a tosser.

something something climate change is not entirely human-caused blah blah
    Russia lost winter? Ooops.

I mean it was 15+ degrees here until two weeks, but this is more or less southern Europe. (even though in my childhood temperature went to zero at start of november and stayed there until march)

None of these boomers, whether in the US, UK, or apparently Germany now, seem to have clearly thought through the end game of fucking up the world they are leaving to the people who are going to look after them when they have to wear adult diapers, and then insulting and making fun of those same generation of caregivers when they want to fix the negligence they have perpetrated.

Not really the smartest generation now, are they?
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by Sacul View Post
    Sea levels where humans lived have been rising since many many millenia. Proof? all the under water archeology. That is actually not the point, climate is swinging to more extremes. The outliers on graphs are becoming more common and so stretched.
    I am personally not convinced about the effects of co2 etc. I am convinced however that we need to start seriously stop drowning and choking ourself in our civilizations waste.
    In general this means we stop pumping so much chemicals into the atmosphere, stop drowning the sea in plastic and stop strip mining the land to name just a few.

The vast majority focus on co2 as it is some kind of magical solution is utterly retarded. The above are way more important.
    You know this because you are sitting on some research/data that is going to upend all the current climate research and completely change to scientific consensus? Or you just have this hunch despite having no background in the field, and no relevant knowledge about it at all?

Quote Originally Posted by MortyM View Post

You know this because you are sitting on some research/data that is going to upend all the current climate research and completely change to scientific consensus? Or you just have this hunch despite having no background in the field, and no relevant knowledge about it at all?
    Yo if scientists are so smart why are there so many of them?

cHeCkmaTe

That was badly worded by me.
    I ment that i am not convinced the effects of reducing co2 will do much. Mostly because while we as citizens are being scared into riding a bike big industry is near un-touched. We have one big Tata steel plant in Holland that pumps the same amount as half the domestic house holds. Yet it isn't event touched by regulations.
    I also side with the majority of scientists who say its already to late. Politics will move to slow and damage control will be minimal until we see some real lose like the end of Miami as a functioning city.

muh bad for engrish
    Schopenhauer:

All truth passes through three stages.
    First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as being self-evident..

It's not about making climate catastrophe won't happen (too late, we've past the tipping point, meaning climate started to change on its own, permafrost melting and releasing further greenhouse gases, etc), it's about slowing it down as much as we can so our civilization and biosphere (this one is crucial, we all depend on it) can adapt to the changes. You need fundamental change - as you said, we need to touch the big industry, mainly farming (deforestation and methane) and electricity generation (CO2) - those two are the biggest greenhouse gas emitters. Plus we need to concentrate majority of people in cities and reforest everything else.
    Last edited by Venec; December 31 2019 at 05:12:40 PM.

Plus we need to concentrate majority of people in cities and reforest everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Larkonnis View Post
    Plus we need to concentrate majority of people in cities and reforest everything else.
    k

That was badly worded by me.
    I ment that i am not convinced the effects of reducing co2 will do much. Mostly because while we as citizens are being scared into riding a bike big industry is near un-touched. We have one big Tata steel plant in Holland that pumps the same amount as half the domestic house holds. Yet it isn't event touched by regulations.
    I also side with the majority of scientists who say its already to late. Politics will move to slow and damage control will be minimal until we see some real lose like the end of Miami as a functioning city.

muh bad for engrish
    We can do more than one thing at a time as a society, but I hear what you are saying about Co2 being a bit of a red herring at this point- that hen has flown out of the coop for going on 20 years now- and that reducing other forms of environmental destruction like microplastic pollution, overfishing, strip mining, habitat destruction etc should be given more attention but they are largely ignored because of co2.

And yeah, I have the same problem with the intense focus on consumers being the driving factor about Co2. It's wierd that on a board of supposedly left wing thinkers we got people still blaming average proles who just want to take a holiday as the drivers of co2 levels and not the bourgeois and their industries. Industries which spread propaganda and lies for decades now.

It's your fault that Co2 levels are rising when you fill up the car with petrol to go to work, and you should have to pay extra fuel tax for it! Don't go after the factories and capitalist class though, that's where """jobs and wealth""" are created!
    Last edited by Approaching Walrus; December 31 2019 at 05:37:58 PM.