hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 96 of 113 FirstFirst ... 468693949596979899106 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,920 of 2260

Thread: (Germany über alles) Superior EU Politics Thread

  1. #1901
    Meester's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 25, 2011
    Posts
    1,352
    Luxumbourg's contribution will be one guy to guard Juncker and an escape plane to take Juncker to Switzlerand if the Russians invade.

    While Germany's subs are sinking themselves, Juncker will head FIFA.

  2. #1902
    Movember 2012 Elriche Oshego's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 21, 2011
    Posts
    7,484
    This guy. This fucking guy.

  3. #1903
    Bartholomeus Crane's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    7,745
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    This guy. This fucking guy.
    Truly scraping the barrel of stupidity ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Miep View Post
    ...i have no idea whats realy going on...

  4. #1904
    Shaikar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Kador
    Posts
    2,340
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartholomeus Crane View Post
    There's going to be a capabilities review at the NATO conference that I suspect will basically tell countries to expand/build on their, well, capabilities.

    Overall I think there's a general agreement among EU NATO members that they 1. should spend more, and 2. actually do something useful with it. Not least because it has become clear that the EU simply can't rely on the US anymore.

    Also: Euroforce (or whatever it's called).
    The wet dream of Juncker.
    Cant help but think of JCvD when euroforce is mentioned (jeanclaudevandamme in that movie where he was a euro special forces guy; terribru movie)

    That's Streetfighter, but close enough.

  5. #1905
    Alistair's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    13,511
    Merkel backs down, agreeing to stem flow of refugees

    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...D=ansmsnnews11


  6. #1906
    Joe Appleby's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    in front of the class
    Posts
    14,401
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Merkel backs down, agreeing to stem flow of refugees

    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...D=ansmsnnews11
    Welcome to like two days ago.
    nevar forget

  7. #1907

    Join Date
    July 3, 2014
    Posts
    4,050
    Now Bono is worried about UN, NATO and EU:

    https://www.yahoo.com/news/prime-min...175547438.html

    In the meantime, another example of fine administrative skills from eurocrats:

    http://www.euronews.com/2018/07/03/m...-strike-action
    Last edited by Candy Crush; July 3 2018 at 11:09:11 PM.

  8. #1908
    walrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Fancomicidolkostümier- ungsspielgruppenzusammenkunft
    Posts
    6,281
    Quote Originally Posted by Meester View Post
    Luxumbourg's contribution will be one guy to guard Juncker and an escape plane to take Juncker to Switzlerand if the Russians invade.

    While Germany's subs are sinking themselves, Juncker will head FIFA.
    Doesn't Luxembourg have all the NATO AWACS stuff?
      Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    But islamism IS a product of class warfare. Rich white countries come into developing brown dictatorships, wreck the leadership, infrastructure and economy and then act all surprised that religious fanaticism is on the rise.
    Also:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post
    walrus isnt a bad poster.
    Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    also i like walrus.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmaNutin View Post
    Yer a hoot

  9. #1909
    Joe Appleby's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    in front of the class
    Posts
    14,401
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Meester View Post
    Luxumbourg's contribution will be one guy to guard Juncker and an escape plane to take Juncker to Switzlerand if the Russians invade.

    While Germany's subs are sinking themselves, Juncker will head FIFA.
    Doesn't Luxembourg have all the NATO AWACS stuff?
    Yeah, all of them are registered to Luxembourg. Not that they exert any control over them. Nor does it mean the US doesn't operate any AWACS of their own.
    nevar forget

  10. #1910
    Caldrion Dosto's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 19, 2011
    Posts
    2,228
    EU parliament rejected the Copyright law that passed the committee. Ie: memes are safe.

    https://www.theverge.com/2018/7/5/17...ted-first-vote

    The European Union has rejected controversial legislation intended to reform online copyright. 318 MEPs voted against the draft law, compared to 278 in favor. The legislation now returns to the drawing board, before being sent for a second vote in September.

    The draft law, known as the Copyright Directive, was intended as a simple update to copyright for the internet age. But it attracted substantial criticism for the inclusion of two key provisions: Articles 11 and 13. The first, Article 11, was a “link tax” that would force online platforms like Facebook and Google to pay news organizations before linking to their stories; while the second, Article 13, proposed an “upload filter” that would have required all content uploaded online to be checked for copyright infringement.

  11. #1911
    Alistair's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    13,511
    Some French pics of anger over the recent Police shooting of a 22 year old in Nantes, France:









    French police are regularly accused of using excessive force in poorer neighbourhoods, particularly against people from ethnic minorities.

    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-man-shot-dead


  12. #1912
    Smarnca's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 30, 2013
    Location
    SVN
    Posts
    9,157
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Some French pics of anger over the recent Police shooting of a 22 year old in Nantes, France:



    French police are regularly accused of using excessive force in poorer neighbourhoods, particularly against people from ethnic minorities.
    I wonder why

    Careful not head hit on rock!
    laughs in Slovenian

  13. #1913
    Donor Spawinte's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    6,391
    Still mad about Vinz getting brained.

  14. #1914
    Approaching Walrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8, 2013
    Posts
    7,646
    Quote Originally Posted by Caldrion Dosto View Post
    EU parliament rejected the Copyright law that passed the committee. Ie: memes are safe.

    https://www.theverge.com/2018/7/5/17...ted-first-vote

    The European Union has rejected controversial legislation intended to reform online copyright. 318 MEPs voted against the draft law, compared to 278 in favor. The legislation now returns to the drawing board, before being sent for a second vote in September.

    The draft law, known as the Copyright Directive, was intended as a simple update to copyright for the internet age. But it attracted substantial criticism for the inclusion of two key provisions: Articles 11 and 13. The first, Article 11, was a “link tax” that would force online platforms like Facebook and Google to pay news organizations before linking to their stories; while the second, Article 13, proposed an “upload filter” that would have required all content uploaded online to be checked for copyright infringement.
    I'm under the impression that this attempt to censor and control the internet was spearheaded by german-based lobbying groups. They won't stop trying (remember ATCA?) until either they succeed or if there is legislation made in the opposite direction that codifies 'internet rights' into law.
    Last edited by Approaching Walrus; July 6 2018 at 02:48:52 AM.

  15. #1915
    Joe Appleby's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    in front of the class
    Posts
    14,401
    Our Summer Circus is over.

    CDU, CSU and SPD agreed on New rules on how to deal with refugees arriving in Germany.

    They will not be sent to camps. There will be no camps. They will be checked by police and if they were already registered in another EU country, they will be sent back. The checks will be done in buildings used by the Bundespolizei (federal police) or at the Munich airport. So no transit camps but a transit procedure.

    We still need to get the agreements with the other EU nations.

    Seehofer, "this is A to Z how you want it as the minister responsible. And we are only talking about five cases each day."

    I don't know what to say. For one I'm not surprised at all that he exaggerated the situation just yesterday (or downplays it now), at the same time I'm appalled at how much he exaggerated. Five cases daily? That's it?

    Tapapapatalk

    Edit: source in German

    http://www.tagesschau.de/inland/eini...treit-103.html
    nevar forget

  16. #1916
    Caldrion Dosto's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 19, 2011
    Posts
    2,228
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Our Summer Circus is over.

    CDU, CSU and SPD agreed on New rules on how to deal with refugees arriving in Germany.

    They will not be sent to camps. There will be no camps. They will be checked by police and if they were already registered in another EU country, they will be sent back. The checks will be done in buildings used by the Bundespolizei (federal police) or at the Munich airport. So no transit camps but a transit procedure.

    We still need to get the agreements with the other EU nations.

    Seehofer, "this is A to Z how you want it as the minister responsible. And we are only talking about five cases each day."

    I don't know what to say. For one I'm not surprised at all that he exaggerated the situation just yesterday (or downplays it now), at the same time I'm appalled at how much he exaggerated. Five cases daily? That's it?

    Tapapapatalk

    Edit: source in German

    http://www.tagesschau.de/inland/eini...treit-103.html
    Well it means nothing since the East countries and now Italy refuses to take them back and are collectively wiping their asses with the Dublin accord while simultaneously raking in the cash contributions from western Europe.

    So you gonna send all to Greece?

  17. #1917

    Join Date
    May 31, 2011
    Posts
    4,155
    Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Caldrion Dosto View Post
    EU parliament rejected the Copyright law that passed the committee. Ie: memes are safe.

    https://www.theverge.com/2018/7/5/17...ted-first-vote

    The European Union has rejected controversial legislation intended to reform online copyright. 318 MEPs voted against the draft law, compared to 278 in favor. The legislation now returns to the drawing board, before being sent for a second vote in September.

    The draft law, known as the Copyright Directive, was intended as a simple update to copyright for the internet age. But it attracted substantial criticism for the inclusion of two key provisions: Articles 11 and 13. The first, Article 11, was a “link tax” that would force online platforms like Facebook and Google to pay news organizations before linking to their stories; while the second, Article 13, proposed an “upload filter” that would have required all content uploaded online to be checked for copyright infringement.
    I'm under the impression that this attempt to censor and control the internet was spearheaded by german-based lobbying groups.
    Yepp. And sadly enough now one here recognizes that this exact stance is the reason why Germany is almost literally a digital 3rd world country.

    They won't stop trying (remember ATCA?) [...]
    To be honest: no. And Google turned up all kinds of references for ATCA, but none that makes sense here (e.g. "Advanced Telecommunications Computing Architecture", "Australia Telescope Compact Array", "Air Traffic Control Association")

  18. #1918
    Caldrion Dosto's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 19, 2011
    Posts
    2,228
    Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Caldrion Dosto View Post
    EU parliament rejected the Copyright law that passed the committee. Ie: memes are safe.

    https://www.theverge.com/2018/7/5/17...ted-first-vote

    The European Union has rejected controversial legislation intended to reform online copyright. 318 MEPs voted against the draft law, compared to 278 in favor. The legislation now returns to the drawing board, before being sent for a second vote in September.

    The draft law, known as the Copyright Directive, was intended as a simple update to copyright for the internet age. But it attracted substantial criticism for the inclusion of two key provisions: Articles 11 and 13. The first, Article 11, was a “link tax” that would force online platforms like Facebook and Google to pay news organizations before linking to their stories; while the second, Article 13, proposed an “upload filter” that would have required all content uploaded online to be checked for copyright infringement.
    I'm under the impression that this attempt to censor and control the internet was spearheaded by german-based lobbying groups.
    Yepp. And sadly enough now one here recognizes that this exact stance is the reason why Germany is almost literally a digital 3rd world country.

    They won't stop trying (remember ATCA?) [...]
    To be honest: no. And Google turned up all kinds of references for ATCA, but none that makes sense here (e.g. "Advanced Telecommunications Computing Architecture", "Australia Telescope Compact Array", "Air Traffic Control Association")
    He means ACTA
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-C...rade_Agreement

  19. #1919
    Malcanis's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Posts
    14,547
    Quote Originally Posted by Smarnca View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Some French pics of anger over the recent Police shooting of a 22 year old in Nantes, France:



    French police are regularly accused of using excessive force in poorer neighbourhoods, particularly against people from ethnic minorities.
    I wonder why
    The same reason that the OG Nazis killed a fucking bunch of slavs
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

  20. #1920
    Smarnca's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 30, 2013
    Location
    SVN
    Posts
    9,157
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Smarnca View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Some French pics of anger over the recent Police shooting of a 22 year old in Nantes, France:



    French police are regularly accused of using excessive force in poorer neighbourhoods, particularly against people from ethnic minorities.
    I wonder why
    The same reason that the OG Nazis killed a fucking bunch of slavs
    So because they were a violent bunch of uncivilized animals who attacked and killed Germans on Poland - Germany border?

    Careful not head hit on rock!
    laughs in Slovenian

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •