hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 98 of 110 FirstFirst ... 48889596979899100101108 ... LastLast
Results 1,941 to 1,960 of 2186

Thread: (Germany über alles) Superior EU Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Smarnca View Post
    He asked her for help with rebuilding Syria and returning imigrants back. She agreed...

What's going to happen next is she's gonna go suck off Trump and nothing will change because she has no spine and in general everyone in europe is weak and only does what America tells them to
    While I agree (and everyone in Germany knows) that she has no spine / is coated with teflon / acts like a turncoat, she is quite annoyed by Trump and will not do what he says.
    maybe she won't on a personal level, but on a national level? I mean look at the iran deal, it's fucked because all these EU companies are pulling out and don't want to get smacked with US sanctions.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/ellenrw.../#3a297029c90f
    Are you actively retarded here?

Gee, I wonder why would profit oriented entities choose to not piss off a bigger more important richer trade partner. No people are in international trade businesses for the principles!

Christ. This has fuck all to do with how governments feel about the matter
    When the EU decides to break with the USA and oppose their destructive foreign policy I'll agree with you. Half of the middle east is on fire because of the US/Saudi axis.

Donor
    He asked her for help with rebuilding Syria and returning imigrants back. She agreed...

What's going to happen next is she's gonna go suck off Trump and nothing will change because she has no spine and in general everyone in europe is weak and only does what America tells them to
    While I agree (and everyone in Germany knows) that she has no spine / is coated with teflon / acts like a turncoat, she is quite annoyed by Trump and will not do what he says.
    maybe she won't on a personal level, but on a national level? I mean look at the iran deal, it's fucked because all these EU companies are pulling out and don't want to get smacked with US sanctions.

Gee, I wonder why would profit oriented entities choose to not piss off a bigger more important richer trade partner. No people are in international trade businesses for the principles!

When the EU decides to break with the USA and oppose their destructive foreign policy I'll agree with you. Half of the middle east is on fire because of the US/Saudi axis.
    Whenever I read something like this I do my best to remember where a majority of the newer landmines in Afghanistan came from.

Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post
    Whenever I read something like this I do my best to remember where a majority of the newer landmines in Afghanistan came from.
    Signatory Nations of the Convention on the Prohibition of the Use, Stockpiling, Production and Transfer of Anti-Personnel Mines and on their Destruction

Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post

Or why we started bombing Libya.
    meh

Libya was definitely the fault of France. The USA didn't exactly discourage it though...

Movember '11 Ginger Excellence Movember 2011Movember 2012 sarabando's Avatar
    Libya was definitely the fault of France. The USA didn't exactly discourage it though...

[video=youtube;Fgcd1ghag5Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fgcd1ghag5Y[/video
    i came i saw i died - Any one with any connection to Hillary Clinton.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand EU parliament voted Yes on article 7 lawsuit against hungary.
    His own EVP fraction voted against him.

Get fucked Orban!

Last edited by Stoffl; September 12 2018 at 11:33:40 AM.
    2/10/17 Greatposthellpurge never forget
    23/10/17 The Greatreposteninging ?

And Orban will raise some noise about switching back to membership in WarPac and COMECON and EU will drop its actions.

lolsure

I cant see there being any substantial actions taken against Orban tbh. Some superficial stuff for the purposes of waving the flag etc, but thats about it.
    Hopefully im wrong though, he's a right shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoffl View Post
    lolsure
    But isn't that what he does all the time in situations like this? Have some love talks with Putin or with Chinese and EU drops whatever it had against him, until the next time.

Not only that, but unless there are actual, real consequences this works for him. He's long used his rebukes by the EU to strengthen his image in Hungary...he presents himself very much as the strong and blunt talking leader whos not afraid to stand up for Hungary against outsiders. It's a pretty major key to his popularity over the years.

Maybe read up on how the EU and article 7 works ?
    This sure as fuck won't strenghten him longterm.

Maybe read up on how the EU and article 7 works ?
    This sure as fuck won't strenghten him longterm.
    Maybe you should read up.
    Right now the vote means nothing. This just gives them the option of sanctions and suspension of rights, IF it is taken further.
    For the actual voting suspension and sanctions it now requires a unanimous vote from the 28 states, which may well be blocked by Poland.

So at present....a stern warning and fuck all else. If the next vote passes unanimously there might be something, but right now....my comment above stands.

Huh I thought they needad a two-thirds majority for the next step. Fucking polan then.

*Edit*
    Ah fuck, yeah. 4/5th majority of the European Council was for a different step in the process.
    Last edited by Stoffl; September 12 2018 at 12:33:03 PM.

Huh I thought they needad a two-thirds majority for the next step. Fucking polan then.
    Yeah, i know. That's the step that makes my pretty pessimistic of anything meaningful being done unfortunately. I can't see Poland letting it through, though i'd very much love to be wrong. Problem is of course that Poland are in much the same boat and relying on Hungarys veto, so neither nation is likely to screw with the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Caine View Post
    Yeah, i know. That's the step that makes my pretty pessimistic of anything meaningful being done unfortunately. I can't see Poland letting it through, though i'd very much love to be wrong. Problem is of course that Poland are in much the same boat and relying on Hungarys veto, so neither nation is likely to screw with the other.

As you say the vote means little due to visengrad members. But and this is the important part, the EU budget has not been decided yet. And western EU who pay for everything is threathening to substantially cut back on anything that will land in Eastern europe.

In the end they will realise "money talks".

Quote Originally Posted by Caldrion Dosto View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Caine View Post

As you say the vote means little due to visengrad members. But and this is the important part, the EU budget has not been decided yet. And western EU who pay for everything is threathening to substantially cut back on anything that will land in Eastern europe.

In the end they will realise "money talks".
    There was a piece from a Fidesh MEP (or however you spell it) politician just now on R4 who said that Austria then Romania have the rotating presidency and they won't be interested in enforcing anything against Hungary..

food for thought
    "I think we could all do with sitting back a bit and detaching ourselves from the situation to really think about how these issues reflect on our future and how we discuss them here and be a bit less aggressive or defensive because everyone has a complicated set of circumstances that has led the to place importance on particular issues and it doesn't meany any of them is less valid, we just need to look at the broader picture"

Smuggo - Brexit Thread

Question is: do they enjoy free money or not?

Junker just few hours ago: "We have to stay united to keep EU protected from populism"

Immediately passes the EU copyright directive

This won't lead to nationalists gaining any support at all. Good move Junker, great statesmanship

https://www.theverge.com/2018/9/12/1...11-13-approved