hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 80 of 110 FirstFirst ... 30707778798081828390 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,600 of 2186

Thread: (Germany über alles) Superior EU Politics Thread

They voted a Five Star Movement governor into office in rome. Everything objectively went even further downhill, the town is a literal shitshow. A massive political scandal.

Yeah let's still vote those fools into power, this will show the EU who's boss.
    Hurr durrr derp

It's not like I care about italy it's just the retardation of voters nevers stops to amaze me.
    2/10/17 Greatposthellpurge never forget
    23/10/17 The Greatreposteninging ?

Quote Originally Posted by Stoffl View Post
    They voted a Five Star Movement governor into office in rome. Everything objectively went even further downhill, the town is a literal shitshow. A massive political scandal.

Yeah let's still vote those fools into power, this will show the EU who's boss.
    Hurr durrr derp

It's not like I care about italy it's just the retardation of voters nevers stops to amaze me.
    as opposed to the corruption scandals that cling to every other party ?

fucking hell, Bertelsconi is de-facto running for leadership of the country again.

when all you got to pick between is turds of different consistencies, you might as well pick the comedy option.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Ok.jpg

It's a waste of a vote. At least if you vote Lega Nord you get skinheads shooting brown people and the same anti EU agendas.
    2/10/17 Greatposthellpurge never forget
    23/10/17 The Greatreposteninging ?

It's almost like bourgeois democracy leads to poor outcomes most of the time...
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Y'all are cute.
    nevar forget

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    It's almost like bourgeois democracy leads to poor outcomes most of the time...
    Sure! Should we try bourgeois dictatorship then? I hope you like helicopter rides.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Y'all are cute.
    ya, i know, it's mutti we're talking about.

she's going to issue some bland statement, pretend everything is fine and hope nothing blows up.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Y'all are cute.
    ya, i know, it's mutti we're talking about.

she's going to issue some bland statement, pretend everything is fine and hope nothing blows up.
    It wasn't so much that.

But quite honestly, do you really think they'll be in power long enough to achieve anything? This is Italy.

I mean, look at this:

Italy's prime ministers since 1946, the longest right at the start was 8 years. Wikipedia actually has a list of Italian prime ministers by time in office. Berlusconi may have had 9 years in office, but he did so in three non-consecutive terms.

An overview over the Italian cabinets since 1946.

In case your too lazy to count them, that's 64.

In comparison, France had 41 since 1959, Germany had 23 since 1949, we'll be getting our 24th shortly.

So France and Germany had the same amounts of cabinets as Italy had in the same time frame.
    nevar forget

tldr

If leftists would care about their own people more than they do about outsiders atm more people would vote for them. It's that simple

You're a fucking moron Smarnca.

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Fucking dumbasses. RIP Italy.

5 star dudes are fucking populist dipshits of the highest order, never had any goal but to shit on everything offering no solutions at all, yet another country shooting itself in the foot.
    as opposed to meekly accepting the status quo for fear of offending those north of the alps ?
    You do realize they were literally asked to form a government a few years ago when the others couldn't agree on anything and couldn't form one, and what they said was they needed to be the opposition because that's all they're for?

They're literally the party of destroying things like little children with nothing worthy to add. They literally had the fucking chance to do shit already and didn't take it.

That's not a party i would trust with anything. Thinking about it i see why you of all people would like them. Destroy everything and let others sort it out, so you have the chance to be permanently angry and then destroy some more.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Isyel; March 5 2018 at 07:32:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    it's almost as if the whole thing is basically a rent-extraction scam that serves as a severe brake on human progress both cultural and technological in order to enrich a selection of stock-holders.
    Its still better for 90% of the population than murdering all the educated people.
    As happened in the US in the early 20th century
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

5 star dudes are fucking populist dipshits of the highest order, never had any goal but to shit on everything offering no solutions at all, yet another country shooting itself in the foot.
    as opposed to meekly accepting the status quo for fear of offending those north of the alps ?
    You do realize they were literally asked to form a government a few years ago when the others couldn't agree on anything and couldn't form one, and what they said was they needed to be the opposition because that's all they're for?

They're literally the party of destroying things like little children with nothing worthy to add. They literally had the fucking chance to do shit already and didn't take it.

That's not a party i would trust with anything. Thinking about it i see why you of all people would like them. Destroy everything and let others sort it out, so you have the chance to be permanently angry and then destroy some more.

it's not a question of trusting them, it's a vote of no confidence in the existing system, that's the entire point of the M5S, they're politically ineffectual because they're supposed to be politically ineffectual. it's the same role traditionally played by far-left/far-right parties where the principled position is valued over the "realpolitik" centrist politics.

of course, as the "centrist consensus" is collapsing under the weight of it's own hubris, those views and political positions are gravitating towards the mainstream, but that doesn't change the fact that a representative democracy in a capitalistic system is fundamentally flawed due to class-driven power imbalances and that a noticeable chunk of people call that bullshit, so new protest parties tend to crop up, usually more extreme in their views than the old ones.

M5S is "special" in that it's entire point is as a vote of no confidence to the entire system without presenting an alternative, it's the vote for the people who are going "this is fucked, nobody i can vote for can do shit about it, might as well obstruct the system and get some fireworks" and the fact a third of italians feel that's a viable option, well that speaks of a sick democracy more than anything else, something that is not really surprising looking at how fucked the country is and how much of a fucking it's getting by the Euro itself.

the reality is that the fundamental problems facing Italy cannot be solved in Italy by the existing political system, either because it's beyond their control or because the established political system IS the problem.
    Viking, n.:

it's not a question of trusting them, it's a vote of no confidence in the existing system, that's the entire point of the M5S, they're politically ineffectual because they're supposed to be politically ineffectual. it's the same role traditionally played by far-left/far-right parties where the principled position is valued over the "realpolitik" centrist politics.

of course, as the "centrist consensus" is collapsing under the weight of it's own hubris, those views and political positions are gravitating towards the mainstream, but that doesn't change the fact that a representative democracy in a capitalistic system is fundamentally flawed due to class-driven power imbalances and that a noticeable chunk of people call that bullshit, so new protest parties tend to crop up, usually more extreme in their views than the old ones.

M5S is "special" in that it's entire point is as a vote of no confidence to the entire system without presenting an alternative, it's the vote for the people who are going "this is fucked, nobody i can vote for can do shit about it, might as well obstruct the system and get some fireworks" and the fact a third of italians feel that's a viable option, well that speaks of a sick democracy more than anything else, something that is not really surprising looking at how fucked the country is and how much of a fucking it's getting by the Euro itself.

the reality is that the fundamental problems facing Italy cannot be solved in Italy by the existing political system, either because it's beyond their control or because the established political system IS the problem.
    aka do exactly fuck all and pat themselves on the back

aka back to being fucking morons

glad we agree

aka do exactly fuck all and pat themselves on the back

aka back to being fucking morons

glad we agree

take a look at the italian political landscape and point at the better, more sensible option than ticking the "comedy obstructionism" box, i dare you.
    Viking, n.:

What never ceases to amaze me about Italy is that in spite of the utter chaos that rules there, the country mostly works, or to be less nice about it, somehow bumbles through. TBH I don't think Italians would be happy if they had a stable, pragmatic and effective government.
    Будь смиренным, будь кротким, не заботься о тленном
    Власти, данной Богом, сынок, будь навеки верным...
    Я люблю Росcию, я - патриот

Quote Originally Posted by thebomby View Post
    What never ceases to amaze me about Italy is that in spite of the utter chaos that rules there, the country mostly works, or to be less nice about it, somehow bumbles through. TBH I don't think Italians would be happy if they had a stable, pragmatic and effective government.
    It's mostly their industry afaik, which is pretty solid and big overall and gives mostly no fucks to politics for obvious reasons.

Also when you have such great land and food and drink things probably just work themselves out.

:>

Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    Pizza pasta ice cream and decent booze mates, who give-o a fuck-o about politics(-o)

Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    Pizza pasta ice cream and decent booze mates, who give-o a fuck-o about politics(-o)
    Backing up 11 feet so i cant touch that with a ten foot pole.
    Schopenhauer:

All truth passes through three stages.
    First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as being self-evident..