hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 184 of 189 FirstFirst ... 84134174181182183184185186187 ... LastLast
Results 3,661 to 3,680 of 3772

Thread: (Germany über alles) Superior EU Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Foiritain View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Candy Crush View Post
    Never knew Iceland is mostly trading with Holland.
    What the fuck, whats even being traded?
    Iceland is the world's biggest exporter of aluminium. They are also the biggest importer of aluminum ore.

It's cheaper to ship it there and melt it down using the more or less free geothermal energy than to do it anywhere else.

Rotterdam being the busiest port in Europe does the rest.

Tapapapatalk

Edit: map is dumb obviously and old.
    Ah ok that makes sense. Was kinda hoping we had bought a vulcano

Here is the split of exports for Iceland. 4.5% spaceships!

TMA fish pellets for human consumption

Quote Originally Posted by GeromeDoutrande View Post

Here is the split of exports for Iceland. 4.5% spaceships!
    Internet spaceships?

Sent from my M2007J3SG using Tapatalk

Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

God, that man has done so much fucking damage.

"left-islamism" i can't even

this is what happens when you fuck up your post colonial relations and integration so fucking bad and instead of solving it just keep doubling down through the years... grand
    Last edited by Isyel; February 19 2021 at 11:05:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post

Do you think miss Le Pen will do less damage? I really hope French left can organize a strong candidate so that their 2nd round of presidential elections is not between a neolib tending towards fascism and a card carrying fascist from a dynasty of fascists.

this is what happens when you fuck up your post colonial relations and integration so fucking bad and instead of solving it just keep doubling down through the years... grand
    As opposed to the UK?

Quote Originally Posted by dzajic View Post

Do you think miss Le Pen will do less damage? I really hope French left can organize a strong candidate so that their 2nd round of presidential elections is not between a neolib tending towards fascism and a card carrying fascist from a dynasty of fascists.
    all i see and hear is a fascist opening the door for another fascist.
    because all that move does is alienate the left voters who, last time, held their nose and voted for him to keep le-pen out go the french version of "No, Fuck you, Fuck the horse you rode in on, and i am going to hang you from a fucking lamp-post you fucking dung-beetle."

im sure it's going to be a lot more elegantly and less aggressively put, but he literately won the last election on Mélenchon's voters, and that move is just going to hard-core alienate them.
    Last edited by Liare; February 19 2021 at 11:14:09 PM.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    left voters who, last time, held their nose and voted for him to keep le-pen out
    double-checks if this is US Politics fred

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    left voters who, last time, held their nose and voted for him to keep le-pen out
    It was pmuch almost exactly like what happened now with trump and biden yes, and why we weren't exactly excited about it long term.

Do you think miss Le Pen will do less damage?
    Nope.

But this man has won years ago on the sole basis of being "not a fascist" and then pulled so much shit he empowered fascists to hilarious levels.

im sure it's going to be a lot more elegantly and less aggressively put, but he literately won the last election on Mélenchon's voters, and that move is just going to hard-core alienate them.
    This.
    Last edited by Isyel; February 19 2021 at 11:17:47 PM.

Well that's one way to skip a few steps in accusing leftists of terrorism.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    their presidential system is pretty much third in line for worst possible electoral system behind the US and UK.

the point is to produce a strong executive, and it does that, it also serves to keep the left well away from power. as for the right, well you can just read the previous article.
    Viking, n.:

The French cult is wholly based on the Enlightenment, so it's not surprising they're afraid of woke culture.

all i see and hear is a fascist opening the door for another fascist.
    because all that move does is alienate the left voters who, last time, held their nose and voted for him to keep le-pen out go the french version of "No, Fuck you, Fuck the horse you rode in on, and i am going to hang you from a fucking lamp-post you fucking dung-beetle."

That's what I said. He is now openly going "nope, I'm not really much better then Le Pen, but you guys will still vote for me, right?". French left needs to have one unified candidate that can make it to the 2nd round of elections, whether against Macron or against Le Pen.

I cannot wait for Feminine Hitler Reverse WW3 Party

If you don’t like that, you’re sexist.

I know this should go in UK thread but kinda relevant to above discussoin.

Wtf, it looks like "woke culture" has become a completely acceptable bad guy to play endless whack-a-mole at?
    Also... priorities?

Edit.

Literally within years of WWII moving out of living memory fascism became a political stance that must be tolerated and respected, otherwise you are a "bigger fascist than the fascists".
    Last edited by dzajic; February 20 2021 at 10:54:25 AM.

Am I hallucinating here? I could swear you got told this so many times.

The whole "woke culture" and "cancel culture" and idk how many other right wing scapegoat buzzwords are jsut that, nonsense to be used to blame every failure on and avoid all responsibility. They have been for years now.

altright imaginary mental garbage is spilling over to liberals, nbs

This whole woke culture thing is a dogwhistle term for good old cultural marxism, ie easy way for right wing to cry and blame something whenever they're being told to stop being assholes and keep their voters distracted while they rob them blind.

Over here it's being called "(western) civilzation of death" for issues like abortion and "gender" whenever sexual minorities start asking for their civil rights.
    Last edited by Venec; February 20 2021 at 12:37:36 PM.