hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Flat Earth [Wednesday]

Decide to update and renovate my CV today, just.....because.
    I really hate trying to fit it all into 2 pages, but it has to be done.

Steph browses /x/.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Caine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    Also... why is it when you come back from a few days off work everyone seems surprised you weren't reading your emails while you were off and have no idea about whatever bullshit they've been emailing you about while you were gone.
    And this happens even when you have a perfectly clear Out Of Office notice on your inbox too.

I'm off for 3 weeks after next week....i'm going to ram my inbox with a massive file to max it's capacity (our work email is heavily size-limited) so that nobody can send me shit while i'm away.

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Was contacted for the first time by those indian "Microsoft" scammers. Called from a UK extension, but the bloke on the other end was undoubtedly seated in some obscure village in Pakistan or something. His accent was so thick I couldn't understand a word he was saying. So I couldn't be arsed dicking around, and just hung up.

Slept for 11 hours. Now I have a massive headache.

Cool dreams though.

Quote Originally Posted by Hels View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakshasa The Cat View Post
    He is right, the earth is flat.

Just like the geometry of the universe is flat, and (possibly) a hypersphere.
    ok sure

you know what else is flat? japanese asses
    Incorrect.
    Actually correct generally speaking.
    Ignore list (Brought to you by the posters in >>> Thread ):
    Aea Alistair Corwyna Duckslayer elmicker Elriche Oshego I Legionnaire Joe Appleby Nicholai Pestot NotXenosis RazoR Smarnca Sp4m spitroast Stoffl Sylia Venec Zeekar.

I thank you for your contribution, and regret that I am unable to reciprocate at this time.

In a moment of serendipity I decide to get rid of all my old DVD movies and I discover the local independent gaming store is hoovering them up in exchange for store credit. It'll probably be a shit deal but I'm in a weird place between "these cost money and I can't throw them away" and "but eBay is too much effort".

Quote Originally Posted by Sparq View Post
    In a moment of serendipity I decide to get rid of all my old DVD movies and I discover the local independent gaming store is hoovering them up in exchange for store credit. It'll probably be a shit deal but I'm in a weird place between "these cost money and I can't throw them away" and "but eBay is too much effort".
    I got rid of all mine a while back. Got bugger all credit for hundreds of DVDs but they take up space and I prob would never watch them again.

Basically buying physical film media is a massive waste of cash.

I got rid of all mine a while back. Got bugger all credit for hundreds of DVDs but they take up space and I prob would never watch them again.

By comparison, I only have about two dozen but it still pains me to think even that little pile probably set me back $300 at the time. The mitigating reason that lets me sleep at night - having bought all these gaudy drinks coasters - is that back then, I was still on dial-up/ADSL and I usually found attending the cinema enjoyable.

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar

I liked having DVD's around so I could take some with me to work and watch them on my beamers iDrive

Now though I'm in the same predicament. Got hundreds of the fuckers laying around

Letting go of books, DVD's, and other things can feel wasteful. It is hard not to separate the objects from the initial cost. Most of these things have little resale value and it is indeed a pain to go through the trouble of listing them individually for sale.

Ask yourself when you last watched or read them. For DVD's and CD's most often you would be more likely to stream them rather than dig out the discs.

It is easier to let them go if you consider you haven't touched them for over a year.

I'm trying to de-clutter at the moment and have not missed a single thing I have given away to charity shops. I'm keeping some things to one side that I plan to stick on eBay at some point. I was reluctant to get rid of anything at first. At some point you appreciate the lack of things taking up space (and mental clutter) more than holding on to things just because of their value.

If anything being able to let go of some possessions makes you question the merit of buying more in the future; ultimately saving you money in the future.
      Spoiler:

(ಠ_ృ) ゛Lady Spank is the best。゛ ~ Xenuria (ಠ_ృ)

Right now I am helping my mom unburden herself of her hoarding behavior. Fabric for sewing, papers that 'need to be shredded', clothes that haven't been worn since 1995. At least she dosen't horde food..

Right now I am helping my mom unburden herself of her hoarding behavior. Fabric for sewing, papers that 'need to be shredded', clothes that haven't been worn since 1995. At least she dosen't horde food..

Mate all the bedrooms in my mum's house that me and my siblings used to occupy are now filled to the brim with junk. When she dies it is gonna be a fucking nightmare to get rid of it all.

Mate all the bedrooms in my mum's house that me and my siblings used to occupy are now filled to the brim with junk. When she dies it is gonna be a fucking nightmare to get rid of it all.
    Burn the place down and claim on the insurance. Problem solved.

well shes leaving it all to the cat so let it deal with the shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Leviathan View Post
    They'll probably find multiple cat corpses in each bedroom
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by halbarad View Post

Burn the place down and claim on the insurance. Problem solved.
    Best solution.

She has a dog that she clearly loves more than any of her actual relatives. She was really good when my mum first got her as she's a former bomb dog but now she's a spoiled, demanding brat.

Only one here to predict a win for God Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathan View Post
    No way am I going to deal with his mom's junk.
    Are you an engineer? -- Quack

Massive shoutout to the Shawn tHornton - the boy/artist who's constantly tripping because ineal gland cancer:

http://the-nexian.me/2-uncategorised...-pineal-cancer

Amazing scenes Jeff!

Brought to you by Joe rogan experience #946 - all things psychedelic with Dennis McKenna

Ps: it's ok tH. You can come out of the shadows. Also pliss don't die from cancer!