hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 35 of 35

Thread: EVE Fanfest 2017 April 6-8

  1. #21
    W0lf Crendraven's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 26, 2012
    Location
    The United
    Posts
    8,686
    Is eve still using the same graphics engine from when it launched?
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    I see you have read nietzsche's little known work "beyond boobs and butts".

  2. #22
    Donor Pattern's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    5,775
    Yeah, it's changed about 3 different times.

    WTB Concord ships.

  3. #23
    Donor Verite Rendition's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    3,728
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattern View Post
    Yeah, it's changed about 3 different times.
    Technically it's still the same engine. But there have been so many major upgrades/overhauls that it's a bit like Windows itself: there are now multiple major milestones where new features were launched.
    Tranquility (EVE) Influence Map
    Life is absurd, but with a little effort we can make it completely ridiculous

  4. #24
    Donor Bam Stroker's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 9, 2013
    Location
    AU TZ
    Posts
    568
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Magnum View Post
    So I'm not saying this is true (no additional details confirming/denying yet available in the Reddit thread or GSF forum), but Xenuria was involved in some kind of dustup with security at Fanfest over an attempted theft of voting tokens or something.
    My understanding is that Xenuria was just creating diversion to buy time for a player who was over in the VR area to make it back for the end of day vote. Those dudes bailing up Xenuria aren't Harpa security, they're IC roleplayers that were hired by CCP to liven up the event.

    Also this Fanfest did feel a bit light on spaceship content but the real fun has always been the bars and parties anyway so I'm happy.

    Best part was definitely those two awesome dudes who did the player gathering section of the closing ceremony.
    Last edited by Bam Stroker; April 10 2017 at 12:47:53 PM.
    EVE Down Under - a community for players in the AUTZ
    In-game channel: evedownunder // Twitter // Facebook // www.evedownunder.com

  5. #25
    Alistair's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    In the Shadows of the Trumpian Empire
    Posts
    10,713
    A little sad over the planned changes to Caldari Industrials, I always like those old (and pretty hideous tbqh) Caldari hauler models. Admittedly, the new ones are very in line with the modern Caldari design ethic and aren't bad looking themselves.

    Shame they didn't change the Rupture hull more, that ship always struck me as one of the poorest designs (or at least least "space-ship" looking).

    I like the new Concord hulls, but I expect they'll get alot of grief for the more streamlines/symmetrical designs.
    "Insults are the arguments employed by those who are in the wrong." Jean-Jacques Rousseau



  6. #26
    W0lf Crendraven's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 26, 2012
    Location
    The United
    Posts
    8,686
    The vexor looks like a really ugly gun pointing backwards.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    I see you have read nietzsche's little known work "beyond boobs and butts".

  7. #27
    phoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Jita IV-4
    Posts
    232
    Quote Originally Posted by Verite Rendition View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattern View Post
    Yeah, it's changed about 3 different times.
    Technically it's still the same engine. But there have been so many major upgrades/overhauls that it's a bit like Windows itself: there are now multiple major milestones where new features were launched.
    As far i recall they already touted Trinity 2 in 2007 ish or so as a total rewrite from scratch?

    At some point, dont recall, the new one (not sure if that had/has an own name) of the Carbon framework took over ... no ?
    (when the whole slew of more detailed graphics settings was added? or was that earlier .. dont remember^^)


    P.S.: shit. That made me start up the client to look at settings ... wasnt there a HDR setting at some point?

  8. #28
    Donor Nu11u5's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 8, 2011
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    5,207
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Verite Rendition View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattern View Post
    Yeah, it's changed about 3 different times.
    Technically it's still the same engine. But there have been so many major upgrades/overhauls that it's a bit like Windows itself: there are now multiple major milestones where new features were launched.
    As far i recall they already touted Trinity 2 in 2007 ish or so as a total rewrite from scratch?

    At some point, dont recall, the new one (not sure if that had/has an own name) of the Carbon framework took over ... no ?
    (when the whole slew of more detailed graphics settings was added? or was that earlier .. dont remember^^)


    P.S.: shit. That made me start up the client to look at settings ... wasnt there a HDR setting at some point?
    Trinity 2 was a rewrite when the graphic engine went from a fixed shader pipeline to a programmable shader pipeline.

    Since then there have been other changes such as adding the interior and character rendering system, PBR, and a whole lot of other stuff.

    Iirc Trinity was just folded under the "Carbon Framework" name but not replaced.

  9. #29
    Smarnca's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 30, 2013
    Location
    URINE ALLIANCE
    Posts
    5,424
    This was the first stream since 2010 when I started playing that I havent watched at all

    WTF is wrong with me
    Quote Originally Posted by pesadelo View Post
    - Smarnca if not trolling , is a complete retard

    Quote Originally Posted by Seraph IX Basarab View Post
    In short, you're prime beta.

  10. #30

    Join Date
    July 30, 2011
    Posts
    1,278
    Quote Originally Posted by Smarnca View Post
    This was the first stream since 2010 when I started playing that I havent watched at all

    WTF is wrong with me
    From everything I've heard, it was pretty underwhelming this year.

    Now bad@botes

  11. #31

    Join Date
    October 25, 2011
    Posts
    803
    Quote Originally Posted by Smarnca View Post
    This was the first stream since 2010 when I started playing that I havent watched at all

    WTF is wrong with me
    You missed nothing really.

    My time watching it was wasted.

  12. #32
    GiDiYi's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Posts
    3,320
    Quote Originally Posted by Bam Stroker View Post
    Best part was definitely those two awesome dudes who did the player gathering section of the closing ceremony.
    One of them was pretty great, but the bald fat guy was just awful.

    OTOH I had loads of fun, was just physically destroyed on Sunday and developed a cold on Monday. GG. I guess that's life when you're getting old.

  13. #33
    Smarnca's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 30, 2013
    Location
    URINE ALLIANCE
    Posts
    5,424
    Quote Originally Posted by Dianeces View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Smarnca View Post
    This was the first stream since 2010 when I started playing that I havent watched at all

    WTF is wrong with me
    From everything I've heard, it was pretty underwhelming this year.
    Well all fanfests so far (ones I watched) were a bunch of empty promises and cool ideas

    and that was about it
    Quote Originally Posted by pesadelo View Post
    - Smarnca if not trolling , is a complete retard

    Quote Originally Posted by Seraph IX Basarab View Post
    In short, you're prime beta.

  14. #34
    Lady Spank's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Location
    Get Out Nasty Face
    Posts
    4,900
    EVE fans from all over the world come for spreadsheet presentations, spreadsheet tournaments, exclusive spreadsheet reveals, and developer spreadsheet roundtables. They enjoy spreadsheet parties, an amazing pub spreadsheet crawl, community spreadsheet camaraderie, and the infamous Spreadsheet Party at the Top of the World.

    That's my edgy posting done for today.
      Spoiler:



    (ಠ_ృ) ゛Lady Spank is the best。゛ ~ Xenuria (ಠ_ృ)

  15. #35
    Smarnca's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 30, 2013
    Location
    URINE ALLIANCE
    Posts
    5,424
    the highest party in the world
    Quote Originally Posted by pesadelo View Post
    - Smarnca if not trolling , is a complete retard

    Quote Originally Posted by Seraph IX Basarab View Post
    In short, you're prime beta.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •