hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EVE Fanfest 2017 April 6-8

EVE Fanfest 2017 April 6-8

I know it feels like no one actually plays EVE anymore, but I thought it'd be nice if we had a thread for Fan Fest, News, Screen Caps of new stuff, Link for a Stream of coverage, etc.

Does anyone have a link to a free stream one could listen to today?

Thanks!

"Nothing left to do, but smile, smile, smile......" Robert Hunter, "He's Gone"
    "...we looked very closely at the matter and concluded that unfortunately arseholes also get to benefit from democratic freedoms." Andreas Geisel, Interior Affairs Senator, Germany

New intro movie, it's good.
    Coming soon(tm).

<3 Entrox.

This would be a better trailer -

This eve keynote is probably the worst I have watched. Little real content and just going over the same tropes again.
    Nothing concrete, no mention on WIS. Its a dud.

Quote Originally Posted by Meester View Post
    This eve keynote is probably the worst I have watched. Little real content and just going over the same tropes again.
    I didn't get a chance to watch it, but that seems to be the general consensus. The amount of "noise" coming out of Fanfest for the first day is very low. It's not nearly as prominent across the forums and other media this year.
    Tranquility (EVE) Influence Map
    Life is absurd, but with a little effort we can make it completely ridiculous

Balancing talk at 11 eve time today. Get hype

https://zkillboard.com/character/195872744/ have a look to see all the fun im having in eve. If you arent having fun in eve you`re probably bad at eve. Please better yourself.

Banned
    Only one here to predict a win for God Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by Verite Rendition View Post
    I didn't get a chance to watch it, but that seems to be the general consensus. The amount of "noise" coming out of Fanfest for the first day is very low. It's not nearly as prominent across the forums and other media this year.
    Isn't the first day keynote always pretty fluff with no real content?
    Are you an engineer? -- Quack

Quote Originally Posted by Rakshasa The Cat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Verite Rendition View Post
    Isn't the first day keynote always pretty fluff with no real content?
    Usually. If I recall, they save most of the reveals/hype for the various panels (like graphics, structures, etc) and the closing thingy.

I have no idea why, but I feel a drive to start playing EVE regularly again.....someone punch me.

"...we looked very closely at the matter and concluded that unfortunately arseholes also get to benefit from democratic freedoms." Andreas Geisel, Interior Affairs Senator, Germany

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    plz dliver excitement kthxx

Quote Originally Posted by Longdrinks View Post
    Balancing talk at 11 eve time today. Get hype
    To balance around people not undocking we are now bringing back old remote AoE doomsdays that you can fire from inside a citadel. The doomsday will also deal damage to all docked ships inside the area of effect.

So it's formal now, Outposts to go, replaced by special, irreplaceable, Faction Citadel Keepstar-equivalents.

Going to be alot of targets out there soon. Figure Provi is going to suffer badly, as all those shiny stations become likely doubly-shiny Killmails-to-be.

So I'm not saying this is true (no additional details confirming/denying yet available in the Reddit thread or GSF forum), but Xenuria was involved in some kind of dustup with security at Fanfest over an attempted theft of voting tokens or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    So it's formal now, Outposts to go, replaced by special, irreplaceable, Faction Citadel Keepstar-equivalents.

Going to be alot of targets out there soon. Figure Provi is going to suffer badly, as all those shiny stations become likely doubly-shiny Killmails-to-be.
    Suddenly a sea of supercap docking points that have to be destroyed instead of captured by entosis. What are the implications of that exactly?

Provi can drop fortizars as well as anyone else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

Banned
    Only one here to predict a win for God Emperor
    Please let that tweet be real.
    Are you an engineer? -- Quack

Surly you mean fortizars right?

phpBB : Critical Error
    Could not connect to the database

fuck you all, this is AWESOME
    Coming soon(tm).

<3 Entrox.

Quote Originally Posted by Armyofme View Post

Surly you mean fortizars right?
    Shit, did I miss-hear?

I may have actually just presumed subconsciously that ccp had to give the largest citadel to replace an Outpost, but I guess not.

My bad.

New ship redesign concepts:

Ishtar

Osprey

Caldari industrials

Rupture

Its interesting that they are finally adding viable drone bays to ships. Maybe they will do proper drone launch animations eventually.

Is eve still using the same graphics engine from when it launched?
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    I see you have read nietzsche's little known work "beyond boobs and butts".