hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: [FHC Minecraft] NEW 2018 PACK!! - NEW FHC SERVER IS A GO

Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Equium Duo View Post
    I PM'd Lall to see if he was ok, he hasnt posted since the 24th

Maybe we could take it on our selves to host the meinkraft
    wax maybe? more than happy to chip in

Well there is a kimsufi.com dedicated server available for 22 euros + tax per month

i7 920, 16Gb RAM, 2Tb and 100mb/s

a i7 920 is pretty decent

Ninjedit: or an i5 - 2300 with similar specs, faster core speed so might be better?

Smuggo

did you say "r u ok hun?"

Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post

wax maybe? more than happy to chip in
    Would love too but time is too tight to manage running a server right now.

"Kerning is serious business"
    And having an image that does not cause Autism attacks even more so.

Not posting for 5 days certainly passes for proof of death.

Super Baderator DonorGlobal Moderator cullnean's Avatar
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!
    I'm not on face book anymore but if lall isn't posting its because he is on holiday... Again.

Sent from my CUBOT CHEETAH 2 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Cullneshi the god of shitposting.

My 2500k or my motherboard died a while back so I just got a 7700k upgrade.

A) is it feasible to keep my PC on 24/7 and run a minecraft server on it? My upload speeds may be really shit though. I moved houses and lost my fiber line =(

B) is a 7700k + 32GB RAM + SSD enough grunt to run a modded minecraft server? I may be able to salvage the 2500k if it was the mobo that died it wouldnt be too hard to set it up as a separate machine.

Most of you nerds are across the pond so latency would be an issue.

I've been without a computer for 3 months now and I'm itching to piss my GF off by playing too much Minecraft.

edit: me running a server will probably just be a temporary thing so we can just start off and see how it goes. We could also migrate the world save over i would think later.
    Assholetep is such an asshole. Every time I'm unfolding my Tesseract Labyrinth he comes in and is all "Funny how you can get into a toy, but not into a Necrontyr babe's pants" and winks and laughs all the way down the stasis chamber. What an asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by Calbanite View Post
    My 2500k or my motherboard died a while back so I just got a 7700k upgrade.

A) is it feasible to keep my PC on 24/7 and run a minecraft server on it? My upload speeds may be really shit though. I moved houses and lost my fiber line =(

B) is a 7700k + 32GB RAM + SSD enough grunt to run a modded minecraft server? I may be able to salvage the 2500k if it was the mobo that died it wouldnt be too hard to set it up as a separate machine.

Most of you nerds are across the pond so latency would be an issue.

I've been without a computer for 3 months now and I'm itching to piss my GF off by playing too much Minecraft.

edit: me running a server will probably just be a temporary thing so we can just start off and see how it goes. We could also migrate the world save over i would think later.
    If my I3 530 with 4GB can run a kitchen sink pack for 6 or so folks a 7700k should not have an issue. The issue with 24/7 running a gaming PC as a server is going to be power costs and reliability while doing other stuff.

Well there is a kimsufi.com dedicated server available for 22 euros + tax per month

Ninjedit: or an i5 - 2300 with similar specs, faster core speed so might be better?
    From I recall higher clock speed was far more important for MC than core/thread count

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Straight Hustlin View Post

From I recall higher clock speed was far more important for MC than core/thread count

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk
    Correct, infact I don't recall any of my servers significantly using more than one core but that pore single core was usually pegged at 100%.

I wanna play minecraft
    Assholetep is such an asshole. Every time I'm unfolding my Tesseract Labyrinth he comes in and is all "Funny how you can get into a toy, but not into a Necrontyr babe's pants" and winks and laughs all the way down the stasis chamber. What an asshole.

Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    ABANDON SHIP

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FatFreddy View Post
    I always wonder off a bit into the hills, build myself a wooden hut (or a home in a giant tree) and then spend the rest of the time doing whatever not progressing at all and occasionally asking people on teamspeak what they are talking about while they are busy gathering materials to regalvanize the thermoelectric swingwheel by applying the obsidian powerhammer so they can craft Polyester so they can build themselves the chestpiece which lets them breathe underwater and can also be enchanted _an additional time_.

Also, "you have to turn on the internet again first".

What keeps you from doing the same? Embrace the wilderness with me, Smuggo. Let's become beekeepers.
    I used to feel like this. I always used to think the guys building an AE2 network (the big storage mod) were playing on easymode and once you had a network up with near-infinite natural resources in it that was pretty much endgame, game over, easy mode, boring, nothing left to do. This always ruined it for me - I joined a server on day 3 or 4 and they already have 1k+ diamonds? What's left to contribute? Building a serious power source, automated mining and processing (and occasionally automated crafting of very specific things like solar panels) was always the end-game goal of other industrial (and even many magic) mods. What's left to do now?

Then I learned AE2 on a single player game. Oh boy was I wrong. Getting power, automated mining and storage going is just the beginning. AE2 isn't a cheat that lets you skip all the hard work (aka fun) of other mods, it's a framework in which to build and link those other mods' ecosystems together in a labour saving way that avoids running to and from chests all the time.

Honestly now I know basic AE2 I realise how powerful it is and how many more (hundreds) of hours gameplay it will unlock. You still need all the other mods stuff - pulverizing, smelting, alloying etc. You ALSO need to cleverly link it into the AE2 network. Then you ALSO need to automate its use remotely.

It's awesome and at least doubles the content of all the other mods you use with it.

Those guys with that big reactor and thousands of every overworld resource are really just beginning. The fun is all still left to be had - in building clever automation and expanding the network's capabilities.

I highly urge everyone to learn AE2 as a mod for a few hours before playing any pack that includes it.

Smuggo
    Oh yeah, AE2 is very cool, it can just be a bit bewildering how some guys have mastered things so much that they have this whole ridiculous thing up and running in a few days.

I am back from Holiday (sorry guys) and ready to get this sorted, I'll also pick up the bulk of the cost.

Please can we reach consensus on which package we need. Also what do I need to know to admin? Anyone here got lots of experience adminning themselves?

RE: The Beyond Pack - there's lots of good magic mods missing, but this is solely because they havent been ported to 1.10 or arent stable yet, as soon as they are, they will be added to the Pack. The only question is, do we wait for one of the bigger ones like Thaumcraft (its creator posted today implying it will be ready in the next few weeks, maybe?) to be released for 1.10 before launching our server? Currently magic feels quite lite. Tech is fine though
    Last edited by Lallante; April 4 2017 at 12:28:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    Oh yeah, AE2 is very cool, it can just be a bit bewildering how some guys have mastered things so much that they have this whole ridiculous thing up and running in a few days.
    I've been watching speed runs:

Tinkers construct to get 3-4 stone hammers asap, then stairs down to y=10 and start branchmining

Use a diamond on one hammer for durability the second you find one. Now mining is very quick and easy. Build a Tinker's construct smeltery and get smelting (lava as fuel if you've found it) while you mine. Simple automation can be achieved with vanilla hoppers - use loads of them for everything you do early on to minimise micromanagement.

Mine for an hour or two until you have a decent amount of most resources, say 32 diamonds*. You'll have to carry a Tinkers' Construct repairing table to repair but can use cobble. I dont normally bother with power at this stage, but if I need it I use lava and portable tanks I handfill with buckets.

*You could also get a more decent materials mining hammer if you feel like it after a bit. Bronze head, obsidian and iron plate, bone handle works quite well early game, repairing with bronze very occasionally. NB: Tinkers changed a lot in 1.10 so old "good" builds may not be any longer.

Now rush big reactor 5x3x4 (outer casing, 3x1x2 inside) for power, and a RFUtilities Builder w/ Quarry Card.

Repeat whole setup (reactor + quarry) in Nether.

Build a pulverizer and alloy smelter. Dont forget vanilla hoppers!

Now you are ready for AE2 resources. After an AE2 charger, focus first on an AEUtilities Crystal Accelerator Chamber thingy as this will jumpstart your AE2 crystal resources.

Now build a basic AE2 network plugged into a reactor - Disk Drive, few 1k disks, crafting terminal, import bus with some speed accelerator cards attached to the output chest of your quarries.

Congrats, you've now got more or less unlimited overworld and nether resources in about 6-12 hours of play. Time to do whatever you want. At this point I usually pack up and move base to somewhere more "cool".

Probably best next job is to automate production of the main chips and crystals needed for AE2.
    Last edited by Lallante; April 4 2017 at 12:32:07 PM.

Smuggo
    Yeah I think I have been missing a trick by mostly ignoring Tinkers in my previous games, explains why it takes me a couple of weeks to have a decent AE2 setup. I'm solid on big reactor stuff and I do automate chip production once I have enough gubbins together for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    Yeah I think I have been missing a trick by mostly ignoring Tinkers in my previous games, explains why it takes me a couple of weeks to have a decent AE2 setup. I'm solid on big reactor stuff and I do automate chip production once I have enough gubbins together for it.
    BTW if you are playing with AE2Stuff (add on mod to AE2), don't forget Advanced Inscribers (works like Inscriber but vastly easier to automate as can lock slots (i.e. lock a press into each one and then leave it out of the pattern) and are side-agnostic - automate a dedicated one per press, and one extra to do all the final steps, with just an Import Bus and an Interface (both on any side) on each one, plus the relevant pattern (e.g. silicon -> silicon wafer). Also Crystal Growth Chamber from that mod makes automated crystal growth MUCH easier.

For the truly lazy miner: Chink [(says this a few times, unless its a typo of Chunk?)] Chunk Vanilla Mining Service:

https://www.reddit.com/r/feedthebeas...anilla_quarry/

Smuggo
    Hah, I guess that's one way to make a living...