hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1 of 19 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: [FHC Minecraft] FtB Beyond pack - FHC SERVER IS A GO

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar

[FHC Minecraft] FtB Beyond pack - FHC SERVER IS A GO

I've been playing the latest FtB kitchen sink "flagship" modpack for 1.10/1.11, FtB Beyond, and from my play so far it is brilliant, well balanced (focus of this version has been balancing recipes, removing overlaps and duplication, encouraging interface between mods, dialing down or making more expensive the most OP stuff) and substantially different from, and much slicker than, the packs we were playing a few years ago (stuff like free, easy to use chunk-loading and great factions UI).

Also this version of minecraft is just much smoother and better. Everything is just more polished and works more interestingly.

So questions: Who would be up for a new FHC server? Who could organise hosting?

DL: https://www.feed-the-beast.com/

Modpack description: https://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...elease.220305/

Full list of mods included: https://www.feed-the-beast.com/proje...s/dependencies

EDIT: Dregek has set up the server, which requires whitelisting. Post to be added.

Server is : failheap.us OR 217.182.205.111 and requires FTB Beyond 1.4.0
    Last edited by Lallante; April 6 2017 at 07:48:28 PM.

Smuggo
    Been a long time since I played an FtB but I'd be up for it. If we can't find a host maybe we could all chip in to a paypal to rent a server?

Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    Been a long time since I played an FtB but I'd be up for it. If we can't find a host maybe we could all chip in to a paypal to rent a server?
    I'd be fine with that as long as someone else experienced and active does the actual adminny bit.

fuck yes

I've been hoping for an FHC minecraft server again, played around with the current Lite just last week

going to ask a friend of mine for advice with the server (hosting one for strangers might be a bit too much), and could imagine chipping in a bit.
    Last edited by FatFreddy; March 23 2017 at 03:46:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Pastry.. That the best you can do?
    Quote Originally Posted by NotXenosis View Post

M8, i have discussions that spam multiple accounts, you aren't even on my level

Super Baderator DonorGlobal Moderator cullnean's Avatar
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!
    I may or may not be interested

Sent from my CUBOT CHEETAH 2 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Cullneshi the god of shitposting.

I think i actually have a hosted MC server through creeperhost or whatever that I haven't used in ages. I'll check on it later and find out what it can handle.
    Hi

Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    maybe

Can I join, might bring the wife

Perhaps.

So I've been looking into hosting and these guys have a great Rep and support FtB use (which will be helpful if we have problems):

https://www.beastnode.com/premium-minecraft-servers/

Any idea how much Ram we need? Can everyone who would chip in for, say, 2 months upfront confirm what amount here? I'm ok with picking up $10/mo myself so only need a little bit each from you chumps.

Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Equium Duo View Post
    Can I join, might bring the wife
    Is she Welsh too?

Tbh the pack isnt that great at all. nothing makes it stand out from any other kitchen sink pack that now exists. removing biome mods and adding nothing beyond a few minor changes which are already being reversed because of backlashes from the community. All the mods is a much better pack. FTB isnt what it was, curse has burnt out the things that made it good and given us mediocrity. Slowpoke the guy that owns FTB is a sell-out.
    Last edited by Dregek; March 24 2017 at 05:19:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    So I've been looking into hosting and these guys have a great Rep and support FtB use (which will be helpful if we have problems):

https://www.beastnode.com/premium-minecraft-servers/

Any idea how much Ram we need? Can everyone who would chip in for, say, 2 months upfront confirm what amount here? I'm ok with picking up $10/mo myself so only need a little bit each from you chumps.
    I know its not much I can pledge a fiver, send me a paypal address if you go ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Dregek View Post
    Tbh the pack isnt that great at all. nothing makes it stand out from any other kitchen sink pack that now exists. removing biome mods and adding nothing beyond a few minor changes which are already being reversed because of backlashes from the community. All the mods is a much better pack. FTB isnt what it was, curse has burnt out the things that made it good and given us mediocrity. Slowpoke the guy that owns FTB is a sell-out.
    It's pretty easy to retrofit a biomes mod that doesnt impact oregen onto FtB Beyond. What else are you complaining about? The interface between the mods is great and they've trimmed so much fat and improved the balance a lot.

"All the mods" by contrast is just a pile of random shit - there's no synergy and huge amounts of overlap but with different stats, and OP stuff with too-cheap recipes. Plus loads of server-breaking laggy shit allowed

Smuggo
    It would be cool, as a bit of an amateur on most of the other packs myself, to not log in after 3 days of server operation and find some retarded megabase where you can just pick up infinite amounts of everything.

I prefer the slow play, group activities where I can learn how stuff works.

I always wonder off a bit into the hills, build myself a wooden hut (or a home in a giant tree) and then spend the rest of the time doing whatever not progressing at all and occasionally asking people on teamspeak what they are talking about while they are busy gathering materials to regalvanize the thermoelectric swingwheel by applying the obsidian powerhammer so they can craft Polyester so they can build themselves the chestpiece which lets them breathe underwater and can also be enchanted _an additional time_.

Also, "you have to turn on the internet again first".

What keeps you from doing the same? Embrace the wilderness with me, Smuggo. Let's become beekeepers.

I like to plan out a massive Base, draw lines with cobble and then build all the equipment on the ground with no roof or walls.

There's always creeper induced rage quits. Always.

Smuggo
    Quote Originally Posted by FatFreddy View Post
    I always wonder off a bit into the hills, build myself a wooden hut (or a home in a giant tree) and then spend the rest of the time doing whatever not progressing at all and occasionally asking people on teamspeak what they are talking about while they are busy gathering materials to regalvanize the thermoelectric swingwheel by applying the obsidian powerhammer so they can craft Polyester so they can build themselves the chestpiece which lets them breathe underwater and can also be enchanted _an additional time_.

What keeps you from doing the same? Embrace the wilderness with me, Smuggo. Let's become beekeepers.
    Yeah I got into bees on the last server. Would beekeep again.

Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FatFreddy View Post

Yeah I got into bees on the last server. Would beekeep again.
    The pact has been sealed on the evening of the fifth day.

The Hive awaits.

When is kickoff, need to book time off with the wife