hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: First laptop thread of the year?

update: she's actually willing to go up to £700

Fancomicidolkostümier- ungsspielgruppenzusammenkunft
    Chuwi LapBooks are white and swelte. They may be terrible though.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/11161/...ing-affordable
      Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    But islamism IS a product of class warfare. Rich white countries come into developing brown dictatorships, wreck the leadership, infrastructure and economy and then act all surprised that religious fanaticism is on the rise.
    Also:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post
    walrus isnt a bad poster.
    Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    also i like walrus.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmaNutin View Post
    Yer a hoot

I currently have an X1 Carbon (gen3) and looking for something similar in size that will hold up to 32GB RAM. The T470 seems like a decent contender, any others to consider?
    Need more speakers

A MAC

Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    I should be home.now but I keep stopping to post. I'm in need of a mega poo. so much so that I'm tempted to leave slurry across one of these gardens and deal with the wiping later. gonna toss a coin

phoneposting

Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post

Though they are part of the lotr universe.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 56k Lagman View Post
    A MAC
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NoirAvlaa View Post
    Need advice:
    £500 max
    14" screen
    In white <- apparently this is important for whatever reason.
    Similar to my Lenovo Yoga 3 14" (She used it for a while, likes it, also has another lenovo so likes the keyboard)
    Does anyone other than Apple still make white laptops?

edit: Lenovo sells a Yoga 720 13" starting at $799 (607 quid), so start looking for refurbished, smaller screens, or raise your budget.
    LG Does and they're very good too, especially the cheap models, but I'm not sure about their availability outside South Korea ._.

For the price that cant really be beaten. May have to purchase one in a month or so for work stuffs. Perfect really for basic functionality. Have some +rep
    I keep saying grade A HP 2570P off eBay for £200 and it'll last about 50 years longer than that Chinese piece of derp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.
    Six shooters ruined PvP.
    What are you doing with your life?İDoomchinchilla 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post

For the price that cant really be beaten. May have to purchase one in a month or so for work stuffs. Perfect really for basic functionality. Have some +rep
    I keep saying grade A HP 2570P off eBay for £200 and it'll last about 50 years longer than that Chinese piece of derp.

Huh, that chinese thing is a straight up 100% exact copy of the LG laptops i mentioned earlier actually.

Not that there can be that much design difference in a basic thin laptop but really. ._.

That HP is from the EliteBook line, which means ThinkPad (before Lenovo) durability levels. Screen is shit but the CPU I got for £200 is a quad core i7, which is arguably faster than any low voltage crap. Came with Windows 7 Pro and free 10 upgrade. Battery lasts four-five hours as well.

I also meant for you, not for him. Whomever wants a white laptop deserves whatever is coming to them

Guns make the news, science doesn't.
    Six shooters ruined PvP.
    What are you doing with your life?İDoomchinchilla 2015

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    a 1080p IPS panel for $250 is pretty great, that's actually kinda tempting if I didn't already have my Thinkpad, the only thing I don't like about the pad is the garbage display

That HP is from the EliteBook line, which means ThinkPad (before Lenovo) durability levels. Screen is shit but the CPU I got for £200 is a quad core i7, which is arguably faster than any low voltage crap. Came with Windows 7 Pro and free 10 upgrade. Battery lasts four-five hours as well.

I also meant for you, not for him. Whomever wants a white laptop deserves whatever is coming to them

Good shout then! Will bookmark a few and watch the prices over the next month. No rush just yet , really only need it for setting up APs for dudes and i can just about get away with my Dads 15 (yes) year old piece of shit. Just about
    HP refurbs are actually v. good value for money normally. Same with Dell. Their business class shit is well built.
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post

Good shout then! Will bookmark a few and watch the prices over the next month. No rush just yet , really only need it for setting up APs for dudes and i can just about get away with my Dads 15 (yes) year old piece of shit. Just about
    HP refurbs are actually v. good value for money normally. Same with Dell. Their business class shit is well built.

I should be home.now but I keep stopping to post. I'm in need of a mega poo. so much so that I'm tempted to leave slurry across one of these gardens and deal with the wiping later. gonna toss a coin

phoneposting

Fuck it pulled the trigger on a cheapo chinese laptop for work. Didnt go for the chuwi lapbook though, got the similarly specced V4 of the Jumper EZBOOK 3 PRO Notebook
    https://www.gearbest.com/laptops/pp_647765.html
    Less than £200, cant argue wit that.

You can all laugh at me when i have a electrical house fire in the coming months!
    Will report back on how it handles.
    I own a chuwi tablet that I use every now and then for light coding (Win10) or watching media when traveling (android). It's ok for the laughable price, got a nicer one for my dad that doubles down as mini laptop as well (detachable keyboard). He is really happy as well.

I must admit though, that I don't charge it when I'm not at home this reminds me I should get some home insurance for fire and shit
    <Devec> hello captain Tyrehl
    <Devec> sailor of the persian seas
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradox
    I swear you are some sort of biological weapon developed in the early '90's for the Yugoslav wars but they lost track of you at some point and now you're waging a psychological war on Western Europe without a clue what you're doing.

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Update on the Laptop. Still not fucking here is it. Ive been informed its held up in customs and will be released october 1st. Scepticalface
    inb4 prohibited batteries

Dunno if I updated what I got but I picked up a Lenovo Yoga 510 something or other and it''s been perfect so far after I removed all the bloatware.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Dunno if I updated what I got but I picked up a Lenovo Yoga 510 something or other and it''s been perfect so far after I removed all the bloatware.
    Yogas are noice. Got a Yoga 3 14" a couple of years back, stopped using my PC p. much instantly. Still going good now and I hammer the CPU with dev :>

Quote Originally Posted by NoirAvlaa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Yogas are noice. Got a Yoga 3 14" a couple of years back, stopped using my PC p. much instantly. Still going good now and I hammer the CPU with dev :>
    I'm a bit suspicious of the hinges getting knackered but the build quality has surprised me so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.