hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 56 of 56

Thread: First laptop thread of the year?

  1. #41
    NoirAvlaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Location
    Liverpool, laaaa
    Posts
    4,113
    update: she's actually willing to go up to £700

  2. #42
    walrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Fancomicidolkostümier- ungsspielgruppenzusammenkunft
    Posts
    5,847
    Chuwi LapBooks are white and swelte. They may be terrible though.

    http://www.anandtech.com/show/11161/...ing-affordable
      Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    But islamism IS a product of class warfare. Rich white countries come into developing brown dictatorships, wreck the leadership, infrastructure and economy and then act all surprised that religious fanaticism is on the rise.
    Also:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post
    walrus isnt a bad poster.
    Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    also i like walrus.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmaNutin View Post
    Yer a hoot

  3. #43
    Mashie Saldana's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Peterborough, UK
    Posts
    932
    I currently have an X1 Carbon (gen3) and looking for something similar in size that will hold up to 32GB RAM. The T470 seems like a decent contender, any others to consider?
    Need more speakers

  4. #44
    Mallet Head Donor 56k Lagman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 5, 2011
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    4,223
    A MAC

    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    I should be home.now but I keep stopping to post. I'm in need of a mega poo. so much so that I'm tempted to leave slurry across one of these gardens and deal with the wiping later. gonna toss a coin

    phoneposting

  5. #45
    Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 7, 2012
    Posts
    20,395
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Chuwi LapBooks are white and swelte. They may be terrible though.

    http://www.anandtech.com/show/11161/...ing-affordable
    Though they are part of the lotr universe.

  6. #46
    Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    8,000
    Quote Originally Posted by 56k Lagman View Post
    A MAC
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

  7. #47

    Join Date
    November 5, 2011
    Posts
    8,389
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NoirAvlaa View Post
    Need advice:
    £500 max
    14" screen
    In white <- apparently this is important for whatever reason.
    Similar to my Lenovo Yoga 3 14" (She used it for a while, likes it, also has another lenovo so likes the keyboard)
    Does anyone other than Apple still make white laptops?

    edit: Lenovo sells a Yoga 720 13" starting at $799 (607 quid), so start looking for refurbished, smaller screens, or raise your budget.
    LG Does and they're very good too, especially the cheap models, but I'm not sure about their availability outside South Korea ._.

  8. #48
    Duckslayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Anatidae Rising
    Posts
    11,323
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Chuwi LapBooks are white and swelte. They may be terrible though.

    http://www.anandtech.com/show/11161/...ing-affordable
    For the price that cant really be beaten. May have to purchase one in a month or so for work stuffs. Perfect really for basic functionality. Have some +rep
    My Attorney has advised me to remove my new signature until further notice...

  9. #49
    Cosmin's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14, 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    4,988
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Chuwi LapBooks are white and swelte. They may be terrible though.

    http://www.anandtech.com/show/11161/...ing-affordable
    For the price that cant really be beaten. May have to purchase one in a month or so for work stuffs. Perfect really for basic functionality. Have some +rep
    I keep saying grade A HP 2570P off eBay for £200 and it'll last about 50 years longer than that Chinese piece of derp.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.
    Six shooters ruined PvP.
    What are you doing with your life?İDoomchinchilla 2015

  10. #50

    Join Date
    November 5, 2011
    Posts
    8,389
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Chuwi LapBooks are white and swelte. They may be terrible though.

    http://www.anandtech.com/show/11161/...ing-affordable
    For the price that cant really be beaten. May have to purchase one in a month or so for work stuffs. Perfect really for basic functionality. Have some +rep
    I keep saying grade A HP 2570P off eBay for £200 and it'll last about 50 years longer than that Chinese piece of derp.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Huh, that chinese thing is a straight up 100% exact copy of the LG laptops i mentioned earlier actually.

    Not that there can be that much design difference in a basic thin laptop but really. ._.

  11. #51
    Duckslayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Anatidae Rising
    Posts
    11,323
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Chuwi LapBooks are white and swelte. They may be terrible though.

    http://www.anandtech.com/show/11161/...ing-affordable
    For the price that cant really be beaten. May have to purchase one in a month or so for work stuffs. Perfect really for basic functionality. Have some +rep
    I keep saying grade A HP 2570P off eBay for £200 and it'll last about 50 years longer than that Chinese piece of derp.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    But that hp laptop you linked is a fat beast, has a below HD screen, a slower and older processor, windows 8 instead of ten and doesn't come with a warranty. also isnt white, which was a key feature desired by poster
    Also anyonew whos used HP laptops know they aren't exactly renowned for their rugged build quality.
    My Attorney has advised me to remove my new signature until further notice...

  12. #52
    Cosmin's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14, 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    4,988
    That HP is from the EliteBook line, which means ThinkPad (before Lenovo) durability levels. Screen is shit but the CPU I got for £200 is a quad core i7, which is arguably faster than any low voltage crap. Came with Windows 7 Pro and free 10 upgrade. Battery lasts four-five hours as well.

    I also meant for you, not for him. Whomever wants a white laptop deserves whatever is coming to them


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.
    Six shooters ruined PvP.
    What are you doing with your life?İDoomchinchilla 2015

  13. #53
    XenosisMk4's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13, 2017
    Posts
    328
    a 1080p IPS panel for $250 is pretty great, that's actually kinda tempting if I didn't already have my Thinkpad, the only thing I don't like about the pad is the garbage display

  14. #54
    Duckslayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Anatidae Rising
    Posts
    11,323
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    That HP is from the EliteBook line, which means ThinkPad (before Lenovo) durability levels. Screen is shit but the CPU I got for £200 is a quad core i7, which is arguably faster than any low voltage crap. Came with Windows 7 Pro and free 10 upgrade. Battery lasts four-five hours as well.

    I also meant for you, not for him. Whomever wants a white laptop deserves whatever is coming to them


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Good shout then! Will bookmark a few and watch the prices over the next month. No rush just yet , really only need it for setting up APs for dudes and i can just about get away with my Dads 15 (yes) year old piece of shit. Just about
    My Attorney has advised me to remove my new signature until further notice...

  15. #55
    Donor erichkknaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    8,097
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    That HP is from the EliteBook line, which means ThinkPad (before Lenovo) durability levels. Screen is shit but the CPU I got for £200 is a quad core i7, which is arguably faster than any low voltage crap. Came with Windows 7 Pro and free 10 upgrade. Battery lasts four-five hours as well.

    I also meant for you, not for him. Whomever wants a white laptop deserves whatever is coming to them


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Good shout then! Will bookmark a few and watch the prices over the next month. No rush just yet , really only need it for setting up APs for dudes and i can just about get away with my Dads 15 (yes) year old piece of shit. Just about
    HP refurbs are actually v. good value for money normally. Same with Dell. Their business class shit is well built.
    meh

  16. #56
    Mallet Head Donor 56k Lagman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 5, 2011
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    4,223
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    That HP is from the EliteBook line, which means ThinkPad (before Lenovo) durability levels. Screen is shit but the CPU I got for £200 is a quad core i7, which is arguably faster than any low voltage crap. Came with Windows 7 Pro and free 10 upgrade. Battery lasts four-five hours as well.

    I also meant for you, not for him. Whomever wants a white laptop deserves whatever is coming to them


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Good shout then! Will bookmark a few and watch the prices over the next month. No rush just yet , really only need it for setting up APs for dudes and i can just about get away with my Dads 15 (yes) year old piece of shit. Just about
    HP refurbs are actually v. good value for money normally. Same with Dell. Their business class shit is well built.

    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    I should be home.now but I keep stopping to post. I'm in need of a mega poo. so much so that I'm tempted to leave slurry across one of these gardens and deal with the wiping later. gonna toss a coin

    phoneposting

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •