hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: First laptop thread of the year?

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    >hardly multicore today

How many times must you be told you should probably stop giving computer advice by now because you're so outdated it's positively painful.
    Look at Adobe Media Encoder CC 2018 for example, it encodes with a fucking 50% CPU load on 12 cores. It's updated to day, such multithreading, much wow. Used it yesterday. Doesn't use CUDA anymore either, because fuck you, customer, why should you go out in the sunshine earlier today instead of babysitting your computer to finish the render?

Look at fucking Lightroom, a massive 20-30% load on 12 cores when exporting. Capture 1 Pro, 27%. Fucking lol.

Over here there's a chart comparison between 4790k (Haswell) and 2700k (Sandy Bridge). Done by some "retards" called TechSpot. Shows a clear difference of ~12% between these two gens in clock-per-clock performance. How many physical generations between them? 2. How much extra clock per clock performance per generation? 6%. I know math is hard but actually think for yourself and stop believing hardware hype.

I saw now you are having issues with games. Yeah, some games are slamming old CPUs hard, but those aren't the norm. It's quite the opposite. Remember consoles, they're shitty x86 boxes now? I know it's a stretch, but most of the slamming is from video stuff rather than CPU in most games.

I apologise, like 95% of my wrath on this issue comes from dealing with Premiere and Media Encoder this week
    ...consoles are heavily multi core, 8 actually, atm with their amd cpus...

Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Do u like the bag tho
    I`m not going to lie, it's quite appealing

And they still struggle to get 60FPS in 1080p for more than a few titles?
    Last edited by Cosmin; August 10 2018 at 07:07:49 AM.
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

Like, I'm literally having performance issues with all 4 cores of my i5 slammed in plenty of high end games because the fucker doesn't turbo to max on all 4 cores and I still see people saying "oh more cores for games is useless, they don't multicore well. Only get them for productivity etc."

As Elmicker implied, it's not 10 years ago anymore.
    Technically games still don't multi-core very well, they just do it better than not at all and the OS will schedule things better allowing the game to use all (lets say) 4 of its threads 100% of the time with nothing else getting in the way..

Also in general games shouldn't have CPU as the bottleneck.. Its almost always the graphics card, so it being the CPU would indicate other issues (or the games you play are CPU bound, so.. umm.. dorfs?)
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

Do u like the bag tho

That's because they (at least the xbox one and PS4) have video cards equivalent to a GTX480 or GTX560.. They were never top of the line video cards when the things were produced so to get really good performance games makers need to actually take that in to account and code accordingly (which they never do).
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

So what you're saying, lana is that in the end they use them? OK.

And no there is nothing wrong with my pc, works as it should. It's just that the i5 6500 is not amazing.
    Do u like the bag tho

What does that have to do with the multi core debate? They are and they use them, so the comment somehow implying they don't is Bs.
    Last edited by Isyel; August 10 2018 at 08:59:17 AM.

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Do u like the bag tho

It's almost like they play games that would cost more than 4 times the price of a console to run well on PC

You utter moron

Do u like the bag tho
    m8 I'm a bit of a bag nerd myself but that ain't worth a thousand realbucks.

Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Do you even lift? Do you even post.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Ass ass ass.

And no there is nothing wrong with my pc, works as it should. It's just that the i5 6500 is not amazing.
    Do u like the bag tho

What does that have to do with the multi core debate? They are and they use them, so the comment somehow implying they don't is Bs.
    Consoles have direct hardware access, so it is quite different than how games on PC work (or applications on PC, for that matter). It's easy, have Task manager opened and check the core load in games. I will guarantee you that save a few titles like Stellaris, Civilization, GTA for example, most games nowadays are not CPU bottleneck'd.

Fancomicidolkostümier- ungsspielgruppenzusammenkunft
    So there's a new Chuwi LapBook SE for $300, looks p.neat for the amount of petrodollars.

https://www.anandtech.com/show/13211...nd-ssd-for-300
      Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    But islamism IS a product of class warfare. Rich white countries come into developing brown dictatorships, wreck the leadership, infrastructure and economy and then act all surprised that religious fanaticism is on the rise.
    Also:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post
    walrus isnt a bad poster.
    Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    also i like walrus.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmaNutin View Post
    Yer a hoot

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.

Do u like the bag tho

Consoles have direct hardware access, so it is quite different than how games on PC work (or applications on PC, for that matter). It's easy, have Task manager opened and check the core load in games. I will guarantee you that save a few titles like Stellaris, Civilization, GTA for example, most games nowadays are not CPU bottleneck'd.
    Says the man on a 4000 series i5

I have the beefier version of your CPU and there are absolutely games that CPU bottleneck coming out now. (only by 5-10% in most cases, but it's there)

And what makes you think i haven't done that? Mind boggles you're using those examples, there are much MUCH more demanding games around than those by now.

Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post

I have the beefier version of your CPU and there are absolutely games that CPU bottleneck coming out now. (only by 5-10% in most cases, but it's there)
    i5

Are you retarded? Wait, it's rhetorical.

On a serious note, do you actually have the beefier CPU than mine? That would be the extreme edition 4960X. I'd be curious how high it clocks 24/7.

And what makes you think i haven't done that? Mind boggles you're using those examples, there are much MUCH more demanding games around than those by now.
    Give some examples maybe?

Civ, Stellaris, GTA are notoriously CPU-intensive.
    Last edited by Cosmin; August 13 2018 at 05:38:08 PM.

i5

Are you retarded? Wait, it's rhetorical.

On a serious note, do you actually have the beefier CPU than mine? That would be the extreme edition 4960X. I'd be curious how high it clocks 24/7.

Give some examples maybe?

Civ, Stellaris, GTA are notoriously CPU-intensive.
    I thought you had a 45XX or something v0v

I'm on a 4690k at 4.2, not that it matters much, you're still being a baddie

I thought im in the laptop thread. Anyway, are there good Lenovo's for around 450 quid that come with an ssd? That and a decent (not 1366x768) screen, enough for Netflixing and browsing of the internets? It's for a regular girl so no gaming foreseen.
    <Devec> hello captain Tyrehl
    <Devec> sailor of the persian seas
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradox
    I swear you are some sort of biological weapon developed in the early '90's for the Yugoslav wars but they lost track of you at some point and now you're waging a psychological war on Western Europe without a clue what you're doing.

Needing laptop to play eve on , yeah I know. Any recommendations ? Budget fairly substantial if good laptop is found

Quote Originally Posted by Jags View Post
    Needing laptop to play eve on , yeah I know. Any recommendations ? Budget fairly substantial if good laptop is found
    give us a budget and your preferred resolution/panel/size

Budget is up to 2k no real preference on size tbh

Loathe as I am to recommend Razer products, their Blade series laptops are actually pretty stellar, might be something in that price range

Loathe as I am to recommend Razer products, their Blade series laptops are actually pretty stellar, might be something in that price range
    Don't, it's a lot of marketing tbh. I've owned an MSI for ages and they're p great, as are some of the others. But don't go for a Razer, they're trying to be the apple of the gaming laptops with all of the shit with hardly any of the positives.