hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 38 of 38

Thread: It's PLEX but not as we know it

  1. #21

    Join Date
    March 9, 2016
    Posts
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliventi View Post
    CCP posts record profits in 2015: $20.7 million
    CCP introduces skill extractors in Feb 2016: Undoubtedly millions more in profits
    CCP redoes PLEX to make microtransactions real in Eve: 500 Plex

    CCP still can't afford hire a balance team: Priceless

    Calling it now: CCP being majority owned by venture capitalists is going to cause Incarna 2.0. Greed is Good indeed....
    Eve is a cash cow to fund their VR future.

    Personally I think VR is a fad and will end in tears, but if there is at least a 50%/50% chance of success with VR, that is a better business decision than throwing money into Eve which is 100% doomed.
    Last edited by PhoenixPilot; March 17 2017 at 06:04:46 PM.

  2. #22
    Longdrinks's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 10, 2011
    Location
    CONFEDERATION OF XXPIZZAXX
    Posts
    1,386
    Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his blurf?
    -No. Says the Icelander -it is mine.

    https://zkillboard.com/character/195872744/ have a look to see all the fun im having in eve. If you arent having fun in eve you`re probably bad at eve. Please better yourself.

  3. #23
    Longdrinks's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 10, 2011
    Location
    CONFEDERATION OF XXPIZZAXX
    Posts
    1,386
    In before they take away the annoying aurum line in your wallet, but replace it with plex vault on top of every single inventory window in the game.
    Last edited by Longdrinks; March 17 2017 at 08:32:51 PM.

    https://zkillboard.com/character/195872744/ have a look to see all the fun im having in eve. If you arent having fun in eve you`re probably bad at eve. Please better yourself.

  4. #24
    Donor Verite Rendition's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    3,751
    Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post
    This enables micro-transactions in eve, makes spending real money on eve much easier especially for teens or students. Probably a good move by them.
    We already had that with Aurum... This doesn't really change anything.
    Tranquility (EVE) Influence Map
    Life is absurd, but with a little effort we can make it completely ridiculous

  5. #25

    Join Date
    July 13, 2011
    Posts
    966
    Curiously enough i prefered the name "aurum" than plex, which is used to denote "plexes" in faction war, "eng plex" for engineering complexes (industry citadels) and the PLEX

  6. #26
    W0lf Crendraven's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 26, 2012
    Location
    The United
    Posts
    8,834
    Quote Originally Posted by Verite Rendition View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post
    This enables micro-transactions in eve, makes spending real money on eve much easier especially for teens or students. Probably a good move by them.
    We already had that with Aurum... This doesn't really change anything.
    No, you couldn't trade aurum directly, and even via skins it was a major pita. If you can buy small plex amounts you buy a specific amount of isk. 1+ billion for 20 quid is to much for some people, but buying 250mil for 5 bucks for a new mach or so is a lot more reasonable.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    I see you have read nietzsche's little known work "beyond boobs and butts".

  7. #27

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Pizza delivery van
    Posts
    5,584
    nyt saatte kaikki plexiin! (learn the moonspeak!)

  8. #28
    Joshua Foiritain's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    3,800
    kek @ CCP just up and deleting our fucking money. Welcome back CCP.



  9. #29
    W0lf Crendraven's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 26, 2012
    Location
    The United
    Posts
    8,834
    To be fair, if you didnt use one bit of it all the free aurum they gave us probably will be 4 months or so of free subtime. Which makes it, years later, the best free stuff they ever gave out.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    I see you have read nietzsche's little known work "beyond boobs and butts".

  10. #30
    Helen's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    4,171
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixPilot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliventi View Post
    CCP posts record profits in 2015: $20.7 million
    CCP introduces skill extractors in Feb 2016: Undoubtedly millions more in profits
    CCP redoes PLEX to make microtransactions real in Eve: 500 Plex

    CCP still can't afford hire a balance team: Priceless

    Calling it now: CCP being majority owned by venture capitalists is going to cause Incarna 2.0. Greed is Good indeed....
    Eve is a cash cow to fund their VR future.

    Personally I think VR is a fad and will end in tears, but if there is at least a 50%/50% chance of success with VR, that is a better business decision than throwing money into Eve which is 100% doomed.
    Fuck me 13 years ago people were saying eve was doomed, honestly I thought by 2010 it was over. But here CCP is still updating and keeping eve going.

  11. #31
    Dirk Magnum's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 18, 2011
    Posts
    2,761
    Eve at least needs to make it out of beta before it dies.

    Another old joke / truth.

  12. #32
    FatFreddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    13,993
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixPilot View Post

    Eve is a cash cow to fund their VR future.
    Hold on while I put on my lollerskates to circle around this statment; on my way to the roflcopter to marvel at the username in quotation.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Pastry.. That the best you can do?
    Quote Originally Posted by NotXenosis View Post

    M8, i have discussions that spam multiple accounts, you aren't even on my level

  13. #33
    Sacul's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Location
    Hollandistan
    Posts
    6,133
    Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Verite Rendition View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post
    This enables micro-transactions in eve, makes spending real money on eve much easier especially for teens or students. Probably a good move by them.
    We already had that with Aurum... This doesn't really change anything.
    No, you couldn't trade aurum directly, and even via skins it was a major pita. If you can buy small plex amounts you buy a specific amount of isk. 1+ billion for 20 quid is to much for some people, but buying 250mil for 5 bucks for a new mach or so is a lot more reasonable.
    You have a fitted machariel for 2fitty??

    sell me a few

  14. #34
    Sacul's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Location
    Hollandistan
    Posts
    6,133
    Quote Originally Posted by Longdrinks View Post
    Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his blurf?
    -No. Snorts the Icelander -it is mine.
    Corrected your mistake.

  15. #35
    MexicanJumpingLlama's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 1, 2016
    Location
    Not In Any Alliance
    Posts
    102
    Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by root View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixPilot View Post
    Now they just need to put stuff in the cash shop worth buying.
    A lot of people are buying SKINS.
    A lot of people are idiots.
    What's wrong with a little bling?

  16. #36
    W0lf Crendraven's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 26, 2012
    Location
    The United
    Posts
    8,834
    The damn prices are through the roof atm, plex are at 1.4bil or so (at least yesterday they were).
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    I see you have read nietzsche's little known work "beyond boobs and butts".

  17. #37
    Moderator Moderator Virtuozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,930
    yes yes, relax - we'll push them higher yet. It's not that easy to push this new currency triangle upwards without leaving too much wiggle room between so it takes time.
    J'ai violé votre vaisseau spatial. C'était amusant....!

    EVE once was about internet spaceships. Then those became serious business.
    Now all that is left is serious business, and spaceships are docked for two years till after the Dust of Incarna
    .

  18. #38

    Join Date
    March 9, 2016
    Posts
    30
    Summary

    Revenues are up 31% to a new record high of $86m, pre tax earnings are up 30% to a new record high of $24.6m, post tax earnings are up 4% to a new record high of $21m (the lower % post tax earnings rise than revenues rise is because CCP is back to paying tax again). Balance sheet is strong: $46m of Cash less $21m of Borrowings; and the Development Costs look prudent. CCP is generating cash and using it to pay down the debt.

    It does seem that the problem years of 2013 and 2014 truly are behind them.

    In 2015 CCP had revenues from Eve Online only. In 2016 CCP had revenues in for Eve Online, Valkyrie and Gunjack. That makes life more complicated to work out how Eve Online is doing.

    However, from my discussion below I suspect:

    - Eve Online (excluding China) – I estimate sales have fallen by 6.5% to $49.9m, back below 2009 levels. I.e. Eve Online remains in decline, though a slowing rate of decline.

    - That would indicate that the number of paying players had fallen also by 6.5% to an estimated 370,000

    - Eve Valkyrie has generated sales of $22m (I know, that sounds a lot but read below)

    - CCP is worth $271m . . . . . and if my thought process is correct then see below for what that means the CEO could be worth!
    http://marketsforisk.blogspot.co.uk/
    Last edited by PhoenixPilot; May 16 2017 at 11:13:33 AM.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •