hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Am I getting old?

/edgy

Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    When you've spent an entire monthly pocket money allowance on a telephone you probably want to justify the purchase somehow, hence everyone taking pictures of everything and post it on the nets, where its gone into nothing.
    fyp

Quote Originally Posted by untilted View Post

/edgy
    There are more public libraries than mcdonalds restaurants in the US. That said i totally jumped upon the e-reader train, havnt read a real book in years.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    I see you have read nietzsche's little known work "beyond boobs and butts".

Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post

/edgy
    There are more public libraries than mcdonalds restaurants in the US. That said i totally jumped upon the e-reader train, havnt read a real book in years.
    I need a physical book, when I try to read on the tablet I put up some music.
    Then someone sends me messages, a new video is posted on tube.
    So many distractions

Quote Originally Posted by Zeekar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spawinte View Post
    Not only are you old but the pace of generational change is making you old even faster than ever. I'm only 32 and I find 21 year olds to be utterly incomprehensible.
    I found it really depends on the person. Some are really really fucking retarded while others are somewhat sane.
    Hi
    Quote Originally Posted by pesadelo View Post
    - Smarnca if not trolling , is a complete retard

Quote Originally Posted by Seraph IX Basarab View Post
    In short, you're prime beta.

Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post

/edgy
    So many distractions
    Get a real e-reader not a tablet. Its a much better experience anyways and it eliminates the draw of the www.

Quote Originally Posted by Smarnca View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeekar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spawinte View Post
    Not only are you old but the pace of generational change is making you old even faster than ever. I'm only 32 and I find 21 year olds to be utterly incomprehensible.
    I found it really depends on the person. Some are really really fucking retarded while others are somewhat sane.
    Hi
    Yes, you are in the sanest (and fattest) category.

/edgy
    So many distractions
    I am also a physical book man. I tried an eReader but I just found something really odd about it. I usually buy books second hand anyway.

Still, I wouldn't say an eReader is the death of intellectualism or anything, it's just a new way of distributing books which I'm fine with (aside from all corporate copyright bullshit it enables).

I read witcher and battletech books on an ancient sony palm and was ok but i'd rather handle paper.

/edgy
    Lol, wut? Noone builds data centers in the desert. Cooling them would be a nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post

/edgy
    So many distractions
    I am also a physical book man. I tried an eReader but I just found something really odd about it. I usually buy books second hand anyway.

Still, I wouldn't say an eReader is the death of intellectualism or anything, it's just a new way of distributing books which I'm fine with (aside from all corporate copyright bullshit it enables).
    I used to feel the same, but im a extremely fast and picky reader. And that coupled with book prices means ill end up spending 300+ euros on books in some months (i generally read one or two books a day, if i read). And pirating books is so easy, 1mb or so each and its super fast. Not proud of it but still. (i used to be one of those few teens that actually bought books with my allowance, although if i liked a series i made my mum read them and she generally tended to buy the entire series instantly if she liked them)

In the beginning i didnt even have a e-reader or tablet because that was before they became popular, i used to read books upon books on my pc and laptop (yellow upon blue best colour scheme). And when the choice was to read nothing or read on a PC/e-reader the choice was clear. So i became used to them. I think i would still prefer a real book but its been sooo long so im not sure.

I do recommend/buy all the great ones i read though, so i kinda justify my piracy like that but i still feel bad about it. Not bad enough to spent that much money though.

Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post

/edgy
    So many distractions

I used to feel the same, but im a extremely fast and picky reader. And that coupled with book prices means ill end up spending 300+ euros on books in some months (i generally read one or two books a day, if i read). And pirating books is so easy, 1mb or so each and its super fast. Not proud of it but still. (i used to be one of those few teens that actually bought books with my allowance, although if i liked a series i made my mum read them and she generally tended to buy the entire series instantly if she liked them)

In the beginning i didnt even have a e-reader or tablet because that was before they became popular, i used to read books upon books on my pc and laptop (yellow upon blue best colour scheme). And when the choice was to read nothing or read on a PC/e-reader the choice was clear. So i became used to them. I think i would still prefer a real book but its been sooo long so im not sure.

I do recommend/buy all the great ones i read though, so i kinda justify my piracy like that but i still feel bad about it. Not bad enough to spent that much money though.

Yeah, that was a bit rambly. Sry.

Here is another thing I don't get.

People that tattoo the name and/or date of birth for their kid(s).
    Just in case you should forget?

idiots
    Quote Originally Posted by pesadelo View Post
    - Smarnca if not trolling , is a complete retard

Quote Originally Posted by Seraph IX Basarab View Post
    In short, you're prime beta.

Quote Originally Posted by kyrieee View Post
    I turned 30 this week

Kill me

Dementia is real, yo. I know the date, can't remember year Was an awkward moment in ER when I brought my kid for a bee sting in the ear.
    I always knew there is a reason for wedding date on the wedding ring, it is a lifesaver.
    Hiro Cor

I feel old whenever I see emojis.

Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post

/edgy
    Lol, wut? Noone builds data centers in the desert. Cooling them would be a nightmare.
    Nope, it turns out Las Vegas, while being one of the hottest places on earth on certain days, is cooler than you need about 90% of the time, so, no. In fact, the desert is a very good place to build data centers. Very high end data centers.
    meh

Dunno if you were hinting at the NSA one, but i got curious and found this:

http://www.usclimatedata.com/climate...tates/usut0357

Highs are 32 °C in July, which is pretty much nothing. It just looks barren because it doesnt get a lot of precipitation (at least thats how i read the data).