hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 27 of 56 FirstFirst ... 172425262728293037 ... LastLast

Thread: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS

Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    Third person ultimately means you are always at a big advantage behind hard cover like the corner of a building. You have a completely one-sided sight advantage like that. I think 1st person will be popular.
    Yes, but without freelook it's far less useful since you are limited to a fixed FOV and have to move if you want to change it, thus giving you away.

Makes little difference in hard cover.

No. If you are sitting next to the wall behind a corner, freelook will give you a better FOV than fixed FOV does. If you are further away from the wall, the usable difference is less, but you are not really behind cover in the same sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From my DayZ days 3rd person is extremely useful in any sort of built up environment (and thus far in PUBG). I'll be playing first person only servers or bust.
    TRAPS ARE GAY!

OK - I'll bite. What makes first person so great and have you played a full match of PUBG with it?

Quote Originally Posted by morpheps View Post
    OK - I'll bite. What makes first person so great and have you played a full match of PUBG with it?

What makes it good is that you need to expose yourself to get information.

No I've not played pubg with it but don't understand why you wanna hate on it so much.

Super Rooerator Movember 2012Global Moderator ctrlchris's Avatar
    It doesn't matter what perspective the game is you planks. You can 3rd person peek someone just as much as they do it to you.

IMO 1st person will make the game more frustrating because you will get gayed in the back way more then you currently do.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Your posting is medium, its not rare and its not well done
    - Krans 26/7/12

Got my hands on a m24, pop some nice chap in the head and drove off with his car..off a cliff and blow up :/

No I've not played pubg with it but don't understand why you wanna hate on it so much.
    Because I have played PUBG with it. It's a shitty mechanism in a game like this. People are already terrified enough as it is. Granted, the circle will relive some of the camping, but this will lead to more camping and less firefights, not more.

I don't hate on it, I'll just play in servers that allow 3rd person. My beef is that the devs have said that it's not as simple as pushing a few buttons and that it's been something they've spent a fair bit of time on. I think it's an unnecessary feature, and much of what people want from it could have been achieved by removing freelook. It's resources that could've been spent on other things.

Because I have played PUBG with it. It's a shitty mechanism in a game like this. People are already terrified enough as it is. Granted, the circle will relive some of the camping, but this will lead to more camping and less firefights, not more.

I don't hate on it, I'll just play in servers that allow 3rd person. My beef is that the devs have said that it's not as simple as pushing a few buttons and that it's been something they've spent a fair bit of time on. I think it's an unnecessary feature, and much of what people want from it could have been achieved by removing freelook. It's resources that could've been spent on other things.
    Agreed. The game dynamics turn to shit on first person only.

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post

Agreed. The game dynamics turn to shit on first person only.
    +1

- Krans 26/7/12

If anything it should reduce camping because the only way to get info is by exposing yourself. Right now you can prone camp with near total impunity.

Its not like 3rd person is being ditched so you'll still have choice so no big deal.

If anything it should reduce camping because the only way to get info is by exposing yourself. Right now you can prone camp with near total impunity.
    Not at all the case from all the twitch 1st person only games i've seen funnily enough.

Its not like 3rd person is being ditched so you'll still have choice so no big deal.
    Did you even read my last post? They use resources for this. I would rather have optimization or new maps. I am not worried about having to play in 1st person.

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Currently the funnest part of the mechanics is the conflict between the need to move to stay in the shrinking circles And the advantage you get from staying still. Third person isn't a problem, it's the balanced part of that equation. I'm not sure FP only servers will work or be fun in the same way. The "stay in the circle" part if the equation will have nothing to balance it

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Anyway we did this autistic FPV vs 3PV debate to death 20 pages ago. Let's move on please

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Autistics on my fhc?!

- Krans 26/7/12

Did you even read my last post? They use resources for this. I would rather have optimization or new maps. I am not worried about having to play in 1st person.
    Pretty sure the guys making new maps aren't the guys making first person mode.

Pretty sure they could have been working on better stuff, but it's pointless to go on.

Look lets drop it. We know they are working on it and there's some demand for it. We disagree on whether it will be worthwhile. We aren't going to influence whether it happens or not nor persuade each other about its enjoyability until its here.

Lets move on. This game rocks.