hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 26 of 68 FirstFirst ... 162324252627282936 ... LastLast

Thread: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS

Super Baderator DonorGlobal Moderator cullnean's Avatar
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!
    got my first two kills in the game i played today

tremendous dayz style machete scenes
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Cullneshi the god of shitposting.

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    https://discord.gg/5GNwDe

Kills with a machete? amazing

Hmmm

The racist misogynist's dilemma. Should I have made my character a Woman of Colour for smaller hitbox and better natural camo?

Quote Originally Posted by TroN View Post
    First person only servers coming soon: https://twitter.com/BattleRoyaleMod/...46096113115136
    neato i never actually expected them to do it, might actually play it again.

I doubt it will be neato, and I doubt those servers will attract a lot of attention. While FOV-sliders and optimization for 1st person only will help make it better, you can play a couple of rounds with 1st person only and see what it will be like. All the rage about 3rd person spotting and yadayada aside, hardcore doesn't have to be 1st person to be hardcore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, does freelook make it easier?

Sent from my CUBOT CHEETAH 2 using Tapatalk

Removing the ALT freelook would go a long way towards removing the usefulness of 3rd person scouting. At the same time it removes a far more useful and "easymode" tactic of being able to quickly do 360 scouting in a bush without any movement to give you away.

Smuggo
    Third person ultimately means you are always at a big advantage behind hard cover like the corner of a building. You have a completely one-sided sight advantage like that. I think 1st person will be popular.

I haven't played enough yet tbh

Sent from my CUBOT CHEETAH 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    Third person ultimately means you are always at a big advantage behind hard cover like the corner of a building. You have a completely one-sided sight advantage like that. I think 1st person will be popular.
    Yes, but without freelook it's far less useful since you are limited to a fixed FOV and have to move if you want to change it, thus giving you away.

Smuggo
    Makes little difference in hard cover.

No. If you are sitting next to the wall behind a corner, freelook will give you a better FOV than fixed FOV does. If you are further away from the wall, the usable difference is less, but you are not really behind cover in the same sense.

From my DayZ days 3rd person is extremely useful in any sort of built up environment (and thus far in PUBG). I'll be playing first person only servers or bust.

OK - I'll bite. What makes first person so great and have you played a full match of PUBG with it?

Smuggo
    Quote Originally Posted by morpheps View Post
    OK - I'll bite. What makes first person so great and have you played a full match of PUBG with it?

What makes it good is that you need to expose yourself to get information.

No I've not played pubg with it but don't understand why you wanna hate on it so much.

It doesn't matter what perspective the game is you planks. You can 3rd person peek someone just as much as they do it to you.

IMO 1st person will make the game more frustrating because you will get gayed in the back way more then you currently do.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Your posting is medium, its not rare and its not well done
    - Krans 26/7/12

Got my hands on a m24, pop some nice chap in the head and drove off with his car..off a cliff and blow up :/

No I've not played pubg with it but don't understand why you wanna hate on it so much.
    Because I have played PUBG with it. It's a shitty mechanism in a game like this. People are already terrified enough as it is. Granted, the circle will relive some of the camping, but this will lead to more camping and less firefights, not more.

I don't hate on it, I'll just play in servers that allow 3rd person. My beef is that the devs have said that it's not as simple as pushing a few buttons and that it's been something they've spent a fair bit of time on. I think it's an unnecessary feature, and much of what people want from it could have been achieved by removing freelook. It's resources that could've been spent on other things.

Because I have played PUBG with it. It's a shitty mechanism in a game like this. People are already terrified enough as it is. Granted, the circle will relive some of the camping, but this will lead to more camping and less firefights, not more.

I don't hate on it, I'll just play in servers that allow 3rd person. My beef is that the devs have said that it's not as simple as pushing a few buttons and that it's been something they've spent a fair bit of time on. I think it's an unnecessary feature, and much of what people want from it could have been achieved by removing freelook. It's resources that could've been spent on other things.
    Agreed. The game dynamics turn to shit on first person only.

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post

Agreed. The game dynamics turn to shit on first person only.
    +1

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Your posting is medium, its not rare and its not well done
    - Krans 26/7/12