hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 48 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3845464748495051 ... LastLast

Thread: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Can anyone talk me through "good" mouse sensitivity settings. I feel like people always get the drop on me while I am slower to turn and less accurate. Could just be lack of skill (I mean, obviously a big chunk is, but wondering if 10% or so is settings)

Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    Can anyone talk me through "good" mouse sensitivity settings. I feel like people always get the drop on me while I am slower to turn and less accurate. Could just be lack of skill (I mean, obviously a big chunk is, but wondering if 10% or so is settings)
    I like to play FPS games with settings where I can do a 180deg turn with around a 4-5" lateral mouse move/wrist flick, whilst still keeping the sens as low as possible to help with finer aiming.

No mouse accel on anywhere - its the worst.

What mouse you got? As a mouse with a good sensor really helps too.

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandzibar View Post
    I like to play FPS games with settings where I can do a 180deg turn with around a 4-5" lateral mouse move/wrist flick, whilst still keeping the sens as low as possible to help with finer aiming.

MXMaster... its high quality but bluetooth and for productivity so latency may be an issue. I love it more than any other mouse I've ever used though

Yea I always loved logitech mice. Both for ergonomics/button number and performance.

The MX510 was my fav for years. My G400 didnt seem to have the same build quality and the wire connection was a bit flakey.

This time I went for a Rival 700 after reading good things about its sensor etc and its pretty damn good. The LCD bs is retarded though.

4-5 to do a 180? oh my god. I'd turn mad.
    Must be me growing up with quake, where doing a 180 instantly was a must.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashaz View Post

Thing is.. the speed of most shooters these days (especially ones that I guess you could describe as more Tacticool - like PUBG) dont really need that super fast 180 more than better pixel precision at long ranges.

For something faster and generally very close range I would probably up the sens a bit for sure.

Ive got one of those desk sized mousepads I also have to get my monies worth out of too :P

Super Baderator DonorGlobal Moderator cullnean's Avatar
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!
    i was the bush
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Cullneshi the god of shitposting.

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.

Thing is.. the speed of most shooters these days (especially ones that I guess you could describe as more Tacticool - like PUBG) dont really need that super fast 180 more than better pixel precision at long ranges.

For something faster and generally very close range I would probably up the sens a bit for sure.

Ive got one of those desk sized mousepads I also have to get my monies worth out of too :P
    https://clips.twitch.tv/SullenPrettyPistachioDuDudu

>don't really need that superfast 180
    >better pixel precision

How about both?

(no, he isn't aimbotting, it's a former CSGO professional player reacting to shots hitting his pan)

Most important thing I would say is playing with settings on each of your games that gives consistency in terms of mouse movement to turn speed across them all.

That way you build up your muscle memory and your aim and reactions improve.

Some people are just "really good" and no amount of mouse config tweaks and fancy hardware are going to put you on the same level as them sadly.

Most important thing I would say is playing with settings on each of your games that gives consistency in terms of mouse movement to turn speed across them all.

That way you build up your muscle memory and your aim and reactions improve.

Some people are just "really good" and no amount of mouse config tweaks and fancy hardware are going to put you on the same level as them sadly.
    I've gone from thinking tacticality > ability to ability > tacticality in the game.

You can have the drop on someone all day long, if you are a potato with potato aim, you will lose.
    been watching some cams etc, people struggling to get crosshairs on a target 10m away that isnt really moving, hitting all around doorframes rather than whats in the doorway etc.

Sensitivity is a big part, i keep gradually lowering mine, everything is slower, but in combat i tend to overreact to quickly move, and overcook my movements.
    Also people dont use Alt to look around, scanning the horizon is major, people instead potato their whole body like their head is fixed. This plays a part in focusing on the point of entry with your body and aim, while looking at the window near you for movement etc.
    Also while running forwards, people dont scan around, just fixed forwards, no situational awareness. Alt down and look the fuck around!

Along with this is Failure to Identify targets. I can see a target but the player doesnt. its right there, next to the trees, but not being able to see the wood for the trees situation is going off.
    You need to figure out how you identify what is a bush/grass/dickhead, if you cant. I dunno. play in urban areas and accept fields are death for you.

"I'm not good with a Kar98k." Get gud. practice with it, getting better. being able to knock someone down with 1 shot is pretty sweet. learning its gunplay will help you overall, help you focus on hitting the head, help you choose when and when NOT to shoot.

Sound. People also dont make best use of footsteps, either crap headphones or shit ears. you can clearly tell in the game distance and direction and NEED to be focused in that direction. thats the direction you are about to be raped from.

I'm not the best, but I know my gunplay is one of the areas that is now letting me down from being better/more consistant. Seeing these videos shows that twichers dont really get into a jam as they just kill everything, in a bad position or not.

Also.
    FPS FPS FPS.
    the more Frames the better. you will struggle on 20fps, maybe 30, maybe 40. I know there isnt much you can do but google how you increase the games FPS, there are guides, optimal settings. I used to get terrible framerates, and since the new card i get solid 70-80. This means my gunplay is significantly smoother, its far easier to get the crosshairs on target.
    Last edited by Kraken; September 8 2017 at 02:36:23 PM.

Super Baderator DonorGlobal Moderator cullnean's Avatar
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!
    fps, posted by lall way back
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Cullneshi the god of shitposting.

That video did wonders for me.

i play with a sensitivity about half that, so about 9" or 10" to do a 180. Its just preference but i cant aim for shit with high sens in any game after playing CS for years

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Logitech G502 master race

If you have to turn when you're being shot at, you're already dead. I'm saying this because I know you're not a teenager/young adult who can 180 flick headshot somebody simply because you lack the neuroplasticity to adapt

You can, of course, practice, but don't hold your hopes up
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.
    Six shooters ruined PvP.
    What are you doing with your life?ęDoomchinchilla 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    If you have to turn when you're being shot at, you're already dead. I'm saying this because I know you're not a teenager/young adult who can 180 flick headshot somebody simply because you lack the neuroplasticity to adapt

You can, of course, practice, but don't hold your hopes up
    If the guy shooting him is as potato as some of my mates then he'll have plenty of time

Should we be excited about the Mini-14?

I'm excited for anything new in the game tbh.

Im enjoying this very much. My aim is terrible at moving targets, but if i have time, i pull off some headshots.

Just had a game where i almost had another chicken dinner, 1vs2, but circle really screwed 2 of us in the field..We had to move, i switched from holographics to x4 aim and headshotted him as soon as he stopped.. Guy in building than finished me - he had massive advantage, overlooking 2 of us on a slope..

First time today i went to school, that place is loaded with goodies. Very nice..

Also first time today i got killed with a frying pan

I really don't understand adding another 5.56 rifile that is probably going to be worse than the SKS

I guess if you only want to carry one type of ammo, sure?