hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Horse Women: The Anime

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nu11u5 View Post
    ‘Spring Breakdown’. Not that good, eh?
    Looking back, it had potential, but that potential was squandered. I wonder how much content got cut.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    Looking back, it had potential, but that potential was squandered. I wonder how much content got cut.
    In a cartoon? Likely extremely little. Those things are intricately planned out at the storyboarding stage.
    Tranquility (EVE) Influence Map
    Life is absurd, but with a little effort we can make it completely ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by Verite Rendition View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    In a cartoon? Likely extremely little. Those things are intricately planned out at the storyboarding stage.
    Hasbro does odd things with their writing and editing. For example, the following shot was cut from the 44-minute TV version, but appears in one of the 10-minute YouTube segments.

Wow. You do a double-take, but don't say anything or come back? What's up with that?

The second thing that comes to mind was the copious amounts of Rarijack in Rollercoaster of Friendship, which appears to have been intentional. This leads to my third observation.

After RoF, we don't see any Rarijack. Instead, we get the two fawning over their Rule 63 counterparts.
      Spoiler:

That's too much to be just a coincidence. It's as if Hasbro was afraid of making it official.

There are a bunch of other things that seem like they were going somewhere, but they never get followed up on. I don't know if this is the staff trying to sneak things in, or Hasbro saying "nope, it's too long, cut something".
    Last edited by Nordstern; October 16 2019 at 04:25:35 AM.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm

The finale is a string of 5-6 related shorts. Some good jokes in there. Flash Sentry proved slightly useful, but still got blown off bu SuShi. After it was all done, I was left saying "...wait, that's it?"

There is no closure. At all.