hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them

Thread: Future EqG content (new series starting in November)

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar

Future EqG content (new series starting in November)

Couple of things I've learned today.

1. There will be no more (planned) movies, but there will be 3 specials airing this summer on Netflix.
    2. Daring Do and Starlight Glimmer will be in them.
    3. There are already toys for the specials.
    4. Apparently, Sunset Shimmer is not homeless, and lives not far from Twilight.
    5. Sunset Shimmer will also be operating a food truck. Selling sushi.

Content:

Last edited by Nordstern; October 22 2017 at 01:29:36 AM.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

Each of the three specials will be episode-length at 22 minutes long. Two of the new songs are out on YouTube, but they're in Russian.

Synopsis:

"Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm

1 & 2: meh

3: Oh shit pony Shimmy and GlimGlam in dimensional hijinks! I'm looking forward to that one.

Dance Magic
    With the Camp Everfree fundraising deadline looming, the Equestria Girls realize they need a new plan to raise more money and are ready to try new things. Rarity finds out about a music video competition, with a huge cash prize, and she’s eager to convince her friends at Canterlot High to enter the contest. However, the girls soon learn that Crystal Prep Academy is also interested in participating in the contest. The students at CPA have many more resources and are better dancers! The girls learn that sometimes coming together instead of competing is the best plan of all!

Movie Magic
    The Equestria Girls have been specially invited by A.K. Yearling to go on the set of the upcoming Daring Do movie and they are overjoyed. For super-fan Rainbow Dash, watching behind the scenes as her favorite heroine comes to life is a dream come true. However, when a rare and important prop from the set goes missing, putting the movie on hold, Rainbow Dash’s dream becomes a nightmare. The Equestria Girls take it upon themselves to track down the missing prop and end up trotting into a real-life Daring Do adventure!

Mirror Magic
    As the pages in her journal run out, there’s only one thing for Sunset Shimmer to do: return to Equestria as a pony to get a new journal! There, she meets new pony Starlight Glimmer and agrees to bring her back through the mirror portal to experience life as a human girl at Canterlot High. However, while Sunset Shimmer is away, a revenge‐seeking Juniper Montage finds a beautiful hand mirror enchanted with Equestrian magic. Not only can it provide a window into another land, but if you push the right button, It can also make things disappear into limbo, trapped between the two realms! Sunset Shimmer and Starlight Glimmer return to find the Mane 6 missing and Juniper Montage acting extremely suspicious. Will Sunset Shimmer and Starlight Glimmer save the girls, or are the Mane 6 lost in limbo for good?
    Inter-dimensional hijinks? If they don't portray Sunset Shimmer as some kind of Doctor Strange, I will be disappointed. Seriously, combining her Infinity Stone Friendship Gem with Sci-Twi's device is pretty much the Eye of Agamotto.

Many spoilers are out there, thanks to the russkies and poles. Not a spoiler:

First special aired today. Leaked footage of all three, if you can stand the blind commentary.

EDIT: Watched all three. I thought they were good. There is some content floating around on YouTube that wasn't in any of these episodes, which means more content is on the way.
    Last edited by Nordstern; June 25 2017 at 08:51:16 PM.

Rainbow Dash: "So, we're in the middle of the jungle, and wer'e being chased by..."

Wait, fleeing through the jungle wearing a khaki top and tan vest, then being confronted by a monster? Where have I seen this before?

Oh, right.

New music video. More are coming.

"She about to start some shit, Zed."

It seems Hasbro has taken a page from Rooster Teeth's book and decided to do a series of summer shorts.

Still no sushi truck.

Some more stuff coming out. That sushi bit finally dropped.

Of happenings!

Equestria Girls is about to get a MASSIVE content bomb. 45 episodes of the new "Equestria Girls Digital Series" have been confirmed, adding new characters, adventures across afterschool clubs, music festivals, yachts, and more. I wonder which one of them owns a yacht? Someone in humanland is rich.

Each episode will air on Friday for a whopping 45 altogether across the next year.
    https://www.equestriadaily.com/2017/...-to-be-45.html

These girls are seniors, so they have to graduate at some point...
    Last edited by Nordstern; October 22 2017 at 01:35:30 AM.

Ugg. Why won't this die?
    Tranquility (EVE) Influence Map
    Life is absurd, but with a little effort we can make it completely ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by Verite Rendition View Post
    Ugg. Why won't this die?
    Because Bacon Hair needs more character development before she can come home and become a princess.

edit: Although it would not surprise me at all if Hasbro already paid for a bunch of different scripts and said "well, might as well make some of these".
    Last edited by Nordstern; October 24 2017 at 03:53:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    Ugg. Why won't this die?
    Because Bacon Hair needs more character development before she can come home and become a princess.

edit: Although it would not surprise me at all if Hasbro already paid for a bunch of different scripts and said "well, might as well make some of these".
    That sounds like a very Hasbro thing to do.

And I suppose I can't complain too much, since MLP got 8 seasons (and counting) and a movie. Plus I know how much you like it. Still, it's always come off as this watered-down clone with most of the look of and little of the cleverness of MLP.
    Tranquility (EVE) Influence Map
    Life is absurd, but with a little effort we can make it completely ridiculous

That sounds like a very Hasbro thing to do.

And I suppose I can't complain too much, since MLP got 8 seasons (and counting) and a movie. Plus I know how much you like it. Still, it's always come off as this watered-down clone with most of the look of and little of the cleverness of MLP.
    I like it because it's MLP and has a character I can really relate to. I've viewed EqG as a kind of side story to the show, and the two will probably merge at some point.

Having thought about it some more, I think Hasbro is trying their hand at monetizing on YouTube. The Hub is dead, and most households don't get Discovery Family, so Hasbro needs to diversify their income. By running shorts, they can generate ad revenue without the effort required for full episodes. The model works for Rooster Teeth, but RT also has a premium service and runs their own annual convention to further diversify their income.