hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: [Thursday] Actually on the dot

[Thursday] Actually on the dot

Shit got done today.

Starting to get a bit more comfortable with my attempt to learn electronics too. Got a big load of stuff coming in today and Friday, still need to get a soldering station + accessories but don't need it quite yet.

Going to start AVR (not just Arduino) programing this weekend. Wish me luck, we'll C if I need it :3
    Last edited by Aea; March 9 2017 at 12:02:28 AM.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Impressive. Most impressive.

Stuck at home with nothing to do, so decided to go through my graduation supplies from 15 years ago. Reclaimed some floor space and found some things I haven't seen in years. I have a personalized beer stein. Who gets a beer stein at 17?
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post

Stuck at home with nothing to do, so decided to go through my graduation supplies from 15 years ago. Reclaimed some floor space and found some things I haven't seen in years. I have a personalized beer stein. Who gets a beer stein at 17?
    I got a pewter tankard at 18. Mind you, it was legal for me to drink then.

Quote Originally Posted by Aea View Post
    Shit got done today.

Starting to get a bit more comfortable with my attempt to learn electronics too. Got a big load of stuff coming in today and Friday, still need to get a soldering station + accessories but don't need it quite yet.

Going to start AVR (not just Arduino) programing this weekend. Wish me luck, we'll C if I need it :3
    Nice. I've been gradually ordering modules since I bought this kit. I haven't written my own sketches yet though, so that'll be interesting!

Shit got done today.

Welcome to my good friends http://www.banggood.com/ and http://www.dx.com/

Also I got one of these http://www.banggood.com/MINI-TS100-D...l?rmmds=search to use as a portable iron as it'll run off of just about any battery (4S lipo being the most useful for me) but its so good i've actually started using it as a bench iron as well powering it from a 12V bench source.
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparq View Post

Shit got done today.

Nice. I've been gradually ordering modules since I bought this kit. I haven't written my own sketches yet though, so that'll be interesting!
    Haven't read the code, is it doing a FFT on a nano or something else? When I looked into that the Arduinos seemed on the slow side for that even with clever libraries.

Shit got done today.

Haven't read the code, is it doing a FFT on a nano or something else? When I looked into that the Arduinos seemed on the slow side for that even with clever libraries.
    You could try one of the newer Teensy boards with a Cortex-M4?

https://www.pjrc.com/store/teensy36.html

Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post

Shit got done today.

You could try one of the newer Teensy boards with a Cortex-M4?

https://www.pjrc.com/store/teensy36.html
    Hah. I ordered that exact board (with headers) yesterday. Surprisingly more expensive here but :sparkfun: https://www.sparkfun.com/products/14058

Shit got done today.

From further down the page of the article,

"The code consists of three files- the main sketch file and two included files. The two extra files perform what is called a 'Fast Fourier Transform', which turns audio samples into a representation of the sound frequencies in that sample. The main sketch mostly revolves around a timer interrupt, which ensures that the display refresh and the audio samples occur at a regular rate. When a complete set of samples has been captured, the Fast Fourier transform is performed, and the results are converted for display on the matrix." - I haven't actually tested it yet because I need to sit down and double-check I wired it right, but it sounds like it's indeed doing an FFT but I'm wondering now if there'll be any noticeable lag.

Holy fuck boys I finally got around to playing some Horizon Zero Dawn.

Fuuuuckthursday
    2/10/17 Greatposthellpurge never forget
    23/10/17 The Greatreposteninging ?

Today is toothache day. Which is not a day i either expected or especially wanted. It is hurting a fucking lot, and i'm definitely getting to the dentist today even if i have to kidnap the fucker.

Actually its not even really a tooth, its like the whole of my upper right back jaw just decided to replace itself with a nice throbbing ache. So thats awesome.

Ghost Recon Wildlands is actually :notbad:

why the fuck is the m4a1 not unlocked at the start tho ? why do ubisoft insist on that awful p416?
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post

why the fuck is the m4a1 not unlocked at the start tho ? why do ubisoft insist on that awful p416?
    Friends don't let friends ubisoft...

you are not my friend, you pinapple-on-pizza-eating-savage.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Oh.. Well I hope the inevitable microtransactions in the paid for dlc wipe you out and you have to sell your house to feed your addiction then.

Movember '11 Ginger Excellence Movember 2011Movember 2012 sarabando's Avatar
    Had a breakdown over the weekend tried to go to work on Monday and made it to the door then had to go home. said some stupid shit to my best friend and nearly ruined a friendship and then one of the puppies had to be put down. My week so far has been baller.
    on a plus note
    done 2 PT sessions and not died and even found myself wanting to do some over this week to take my mind off things.
    Flat is nearly ready and fully decorated.
    A friend has two friends who are opening a dress making shop in basingstoke who are interested in taking me on as an apprentice and training me.

Oh.. Well I hope the inevitable microtransactions in the paid for dlc wipe you out and you have to sell your house to feed your addiction then.
    yea, ain't sayin i like that bit tbh, nor the whole "collectors edition" bollocks.
    Viking, n.:

Köfte with bulgur for lunch
    2/10/17 Greatposthellpurge never forget
    23/10/17 The Greatreposteninging ?

Quote Originally Posted by sarabando View Post
    Had a breakdown over the weekend tried to go to work on Monday and made it to the door then had to go home. said some stupid shit to my best friend and nearly ruined a friendship and then one of the puppies had to be put down. My week so far has been baller.
    on a plus note
    done 2 PT sessions and not died and even found myself wanting to do some over this week to take my mind off things.
    A friend has two friends who are opening a dress making shop in basingstoke who are interested in taking me on as an apprentice and training me.
    Big ups mate, things are looking up at least.

Quote Originally Posted by sarabando View Post
    on a plus note
    Keep up the PT and Condo reno m8. Doing good.

Cleaned the caulk off the bathtub and liner last night. Re-caulked it. Because hey, bored at 7PM, why not go to Home Depot and do some weekday renovations? Rip sleep. Fug Thorsday.