Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 1154

Thread: Pizza fight club - KitKats are not cool

Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    No ragrets

macncheese sesame seed pizza ?

my fucking sides
    2/10/17 Greatposthellpurge never forget
    23/10/17 The Greatreposteninging ?

I don't really understand the US obsession with Mac and cheese. mean...it's fine i guess. But they go fucking nuts for it in so many varieties.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Caine View Post
    I don't really understand the US obsession with Mac and cheese. mean...it's fine i guess. But they go fucking nuts for it in so many varieties.
    Based on my amateur anthropology sleuthing, it's probably because it's the first thing most Americans learn to cook for themselves.
    meh

It's homey, traditional, family-type food that's ultra cheap. Almost everyone, poor and not-as-poor, grows up eating it as a family dinner staple, across multiple cultural and regional lines.

Why do Brits like Fish & Chips, it's just some fried fish ffs, right?

Why do Poles like bigos, kielbasa, pickles & pierogies?

Like most cultural food traditions, it's the hearty, cheap food of the poor (or slightly less poor) that become the most beloved foods. Merican' Pizza, hot dogs and hamburgers all fall into the same general category tbh.

Doesn't hurt that when done fancy, it can also occasionally be pretty damn sublime.
    Last edited by Alistair; November 2 2018 at 03:56:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    It's homey, traditional, family-type food that's ultra cheap. Almost everyone, poor and not-as-poor, grows up eating it as a family dinner staple, across multiple cultural and regional lines.

Like most cultural food traditions, it's the hearty, cheap food of the poor (or slightly less poor) that become the most beloved foods.

Doesn't hurt that when done fancy, it can also occasionally be pretty damn sublime.
    I love how he cannot manage to avoid whataboutism even in such a benign argument.

"But what about these x things that are actually nothing alike to a lazy ass fast food"

That said, i have the perfect answer.

Cause it's easy and fucking delicious i suspect.

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post

Like most cultural food traditions, it's the hearty, cheap food of the poor (or slightly less poor) that become the most beloved foods.

I love how he cannot manage to avoid whataboutism even in such a benign argument.

"But what about these x things that are actually nothing alike to a lazy ass fast food"

Oh fuck off you silly twat.

Thats fair, your answer was pretty reasonable i thought.

I guess it doesn't help that i've never had what i would consider "great" Mac & Cheese, so it always seems a bit....meh. But i imagine thats much the same with many peoples experience of fish and chips so fair one (though FWIW most of that is indeed pretty shitty).

I guess it doesn't help that i've never had what i would consider "great" Mac & Cheese, so it always seems a bit....meh. But i imagine thats much the same with many peoples experience of fish and chips so fair one (though FWIW most of that is indeed pretty shitty).
    "Great" American peasant food is more rare (IMO) that "Great" peasant food from our European Nation friends.

Maybe I'm biased here because I've had such amazing food experiences in Poland and Scotland on my last two trips, or because I'm just used to American food and it's meh, but that's my personal take.

Something the U.S. does ok is the whole "Food Truck" scene. In some of our major cities (and some minor cities) they have fleets of small business food trucks making some truly special food. Portland is a prime example and early adopter of the movement.

Mac & Cheese in a good food truck, wow, that shit was flat out special.

But honestly, Mom's Mac & Cheese is the best, but I doubt anyone outside my immediate family would agree!

I have to agree that US food trucks are pretty fantastic.
    For flavour obviously....its very much best not to worry too much about what the food is or what its doing to you, but goddamn some of that food tastes incredible.

"Great" American peasant food is more rare (IMO) that "Great" peasant food from our European Nation friends.

Maybe I'm biased here because I've had such amazing food experiences in Poland and Scotland on my last two trips, or because I'm just used to American food and it's meh, but that's my personal take.

Something the U.S. does ok is the whole "Food Truck" scene. In some of our major cities (and some minor cities) they have fleets of small business food trucks making some truly special food. Portland is a prime example and early adopter of the movement.

Mac & Cheese in a good food truck, wow, that shit was flat out special.

But honestly, Mom's Mac & Cheese is the best, but I doubt anyone outside my immediate family would agree!
    We have fucking wonderful food here in the states, all over.
    meh

Awful consumers of food though
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoffl View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    No ragrets

macncheese sesame seed pizza ?

my fucking sides
    Alfredo sauce, macaroni, fresh garlic, mozza, cheddar.

Sesame seeds are on the crust only.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Lies and slander. They eat food better than anyone ive ever seen, it's bloody impressive.

Lol, sure ting, blud.
      Spoiler:
    meh

Of anyone, you Brits really aren't one to talk.

I may love me some British (Scottish) food, but it's not exactly a Michelin Star'd French Chef's work all and all.

I may love me some British (Scottish) food, but it's not exactly a Michelin Star'd French Chef's work all and all.
    We're very good at acquiring michelin-starred restaurants, British food though, yeh...

Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post

We're very good at acquiring michelin-starred restaurants, British food though, yeh...
    Reread what I quoted Djan. "Consumers of Food."

Presumably what Keckers is talking about is the average fast-food chugging 'Merican.

Average Brits are near-on as bad mass "consumers of food" as the Americans are.

The U.S. has some great top-end stuff too, but I just don't think that was what Keckers was getting at, hence my comment.

Now, do you have a spare Sausage Roll and Chips I could have, I'm getting hungry.....

Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post

Reread what I quoted Djan. "Consumers of Food."

Presumably what Keckers is talking about is the average fast-food chugging 'Merican.

Average Brits are near-on as bad mass "consumers of food" as the Americans are.

The U.S. has some great top-end stuff too, but I just don't think that was what Keckers was getting at, hence my comment.

Now, do you have a spare Sausage Roll and Chips I could have, I'm getting hungry.....
    Oh yeh fair, we have a serious problem with it in this country.

Don't get my started on the phenomenon of "fat shaming".

This thread is about pizza you degenerates!

meh