hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 54 of 58 FirstFirst ... 44451525354555657 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 1154

Thread: Pizza fight club - KitKats are not cool

  1. #1061
    Movember 2012 Stoffl's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The original viennese waffle
    Posts
    22,079
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    No ragrets

    macncheese sesame seed pizza ?

    my fucking sides
    2/10/17 Greatposthellpurge never forget
    23/10/17 The Greatreposteninging ?

  2. #1062

    Join Date
    April 9, 2012
    Location
    Pit of depravity
    Posts
    7,265
    I don't really understand the US obsession with Mac and cheese. mean...it's fine i guess. But they go fucking nuts for it in so many varieties.

  3. #1063
    Donor erichkknaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    11,375
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Caine View Post
    I don't really understand the US obsession with Mac and cheese. mean...it's fine i guess. But they go fucking nuts for it in so many varieties.
    Based on my amateur anthropology sleuthing, it's probably because it's the first thing most Americans learn to cook for themselves.
    meh

  4. #1064
    Alistair's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    13,533
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Caine View Post
    I don't really understand the US obsession with Mac and cheese. mean...it's fine i guess. But they go fucking nuts for it in so many varieties.
    It's homey, traditional, family-type food that's ultra cheap. Almost everyone, poor and not-as-poor, grows up eating it as a family dinner staple, across multiple cultural and regional lines.

    Why do Brits like Fish & Chips, it's just some fried fish ffs, right?

    Why do Poles like bigos, kielbasa, pickles & pierogies?

    Like most cultural food traditions, it's the hearty, cheap food of the poor (or slightly less poor) that become the most beloved foods. Merican' Pizza, hot dogs and hamburgers all fall into the same general category tbh.

    Doesn't hurt that when done fancy, it can also occasionally be pretty damn sublime.
    Last edited by Alistair; November 2 2018 at 03:56:15 PM.


  5. #1065

    Join Date
    November 5, 2011
    Posts
    11,489
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Caine View Post
    I don't really understand the US obsession with Mac and cheese. mean...it's fine i guess. But they go fucking nuts for it in so many varieties.
    It's homey, traditional, family-type food that's ultra cheap. Almost everyone, poor and not-as-poor, grows up eating it as a family dinner staple, across multiple cultural and regional lines.

    Why do Brits like Fish & Chips, it's just some fried fish ffs, right?

    Why do Poles like bigos, kielbasa, pickles & pierogies?

    Like most cultural food traditions, it's the hearty, cheap food of the poor (or slightly less poor) that become the most beloved foods.

    Doesn't hurt that when done fancy, it can also occasionally be pretty damn sublime.
    I love how he cannot manage to avoid whataboutism even in such a benign argument.

    "But what about these x things that are actually nothing alike to a lazy ass fast food"

    That said, i have the perfect answer.

    Cause it's easy and fucking delicious i suspect.

  6. #1066
    Alistair's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    13,533
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Caine View Post
    I don't really understand the US obsession with Mac and cheese. mean...it's fine i guess. But they go fucking nuts for it in so many varieties.
    It's homey, traditional, family-type food that's ultra cheap. Almost everyone, poor and not-as-poor, grows up eating it as a family dinner staple, across multiple cultural and regional lines.

    Why do Brits like Fish & Chips, it's just some fried fish ffs, right?

    Why do Poles like bigos, kielbasa, pickles & pierogies?

    Like most cultural food traditions, it's the hearty, cheap food of the poor (or slightly less poor) that become the most beloved foods.

    Doesn't hurt that when done fancy, it can also occasionally be pretty damn sublime.
    I love how he cannot manage to avoid whataboutism even in such a benign argument.

    "But what about these x things that are actually nothing alike to a lazy ass fast food"

    That said, i have the perfect answer.

    Cause it's easy and fucking delicious i suspect.
    Oh fuck off you silly twat.


  7. #1067

    Join Date
    April 9, 2012
    Location
    Pit of depravity
    Posts
    7,265
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Caine View Post
    I don't really understand the US obsession with Mac and cheese. mean...it's fine i guess. But they go fucking nuts for it in so many varieties.
    It's homey, traditional, family-type food that's ultra cheap. Almost everyone, poor and not-as-poor, grows up eating it as a family dinner staple, across multiple cultural and regional lines.

    Why do Brits like Fish & Chips, it's just some fried fish ffs, right?

    Why do Poles like bigos, kielbasa, pickles & pierogies?

    Like most cultural food traditions, it's the hearty, cheap food of the poor (or slightly less poor) that become the most beloved foods.

    Doesn't hurt that when done fancy, it can also occasionally be pretty damn sublime.
    I love how he cannot manage to avoid whataboutism even in such a benign argument.

    "But what about these x things that are actually nothing alike to a lazy ass fast food"

    That said, i have the perfect answer.

    Cause it's easy and fucking delicious i suspect.
    Oh fuck off you silly twat.
    Thats fair, your answer was pretty reasonable i thought.

    I guess it doesn't help that i've never had what i would consider "great" Mac & Cheese, so it always seems a bit....meh. But i imagine thats much the same with many peoples experience of fish and chips so fair one (though FWIW most of that is indeed pretty shitty).

  8. #1068
    Alistair's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    13,533
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Caine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Caine View Post
    I don't really understand the US obsession with Mac and cheese. mean...it's fine i guess. But they go fucking nuts for it in so many varieties.
    It's homey, traditional, family-type food that's ultra cheap. Almost everyone, poor and not-as-poor, grows up eating it as a family dinner staple, across multiple cultural and regional lines.

    Why do Brits like Fish & Chips, it's just some fried fish ffs, right?

    Why do Poles like bigos, kielbasa, pickles & pierogies?

    Like most cultural food traditions, it's the hearty, cheap food of the poor (or slightly less poor) that become the most beloved foods.

    Doesn't hurt that when done fancy, it can also occasionally be pretty damn sublime.
    I love how he cannot manage to avoid whataboutism even in such a benign argument.

    "But what about these x things that are actually nothing alike to a lazy ass fast food"

    That said, i have the perfect answer.

    Cause it's easy and fucking delicious i suspect.
    Oh fuck off you silly twat.
    Thats fair, your answer was pretty reasonable i thought.

    I guess it doesn't help that i've never had what i would consider "great" Mac & Cheese, so it always seems a bit....meh. But i imagine thats much the same with many peoples experience of fish and chips so fair one (though FWIW most of that is indeed pretty shitty).
    "Great" American peasant food is more rare (IMO) that "Great" peasant food from our European Nation friends.

    Maybe I'm biased here because I've had such amazing food experiences in Poland and Scotland on my last two trips, or because I'm just used to American food and it's meh, but that's my personal take.

    Something the U.S. does ok is the whole "Food Truck" scene. In some of our major cities (and some minor cities) they have fleets of small business food trucks making some truly special food. Portland is a prime example and early adopter of the movement.

    Mac & Cheese in a good food truck, wow, that shit was flat out special.

    But honestly, Mom's Mac & Cheese is the best, but I doubt anyone outside my immediate family would agree!


  9. #1069

    Join Date
    April 9, 2012
    Location
    Pit of depravity
    Posts
    7,265
    I have to agree that US food trucks are pretty fantastic.
    For flavour obviously....its very much best not to worry too much about what the food is or what its doing to you, but goddamn some of that food tastes incredible.

  10. #1070
    Donor erichkknaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    11,375
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Caine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Caine View Post
    I don't really understand the US obsession with Mac and cheese. mean...it's fine i guess. But they go fucking nuts for it in so many varieties.
    It's homey, traditional, family-type food that's ultra cheap. Almost everyone, poor and not-as-poor, grows up eating it as a family dinner staple, across multiple cultural and regional lines.

    Why do Brits like Fish & Chips, it's just some fried fish ffs, right?

    Why do Poles like bigos, kielbasa, pickles & pierogies?

    Like most cultural food traditions, it's the hearty, cheap food of the poor (or slightly less poor) that become the most beloved foods.

    Doesn't hurt that when done fancy, it can also occasionally be pretty damn sublime.
    I love how he cannot manage to avoid whataboutism even in such a benign argument.

    "But what about these x things that are actually nothing alike to a lazy ass fast food"

    That said, i have the perfect answer.

    Cause it's easy and fucking delicious i suspect.
    Oh fuck off you silly twat.
    Thats fair, your answer was pretty reasonable i thought.

    I guess it doesn't help that i've never had what i would consider "great" Mac & Cheese, so it always seems a bit....meh. But i imagine thats much the same with many peoples experience of fish and chips so fair one (though FWIW most of that is indeed pretty shitty).
    "Great" American peasant food is more rare (IMO) that "Great" peasant food from our European Nation friends.

    Maybe I'm biased here because I've had such amazing food experiences in Poland and Scotland on my last two trips, or because I'm just used to American food and it's meh, but that's my personal take.

    Something the U.S. does ok is the whole "Food Truck" scene. In some of our major cities (and some minor cities) they have fleets of small business food trucks making some truly special food. Portland is a prime example and early adopter of the movement.

    Mac & Cheese in a good food truck, wow, that shit was flat out special.

    But honestly, Mom's Mac & Cheese is the best, but I doubt anyone outside my immediate family would agree!
    We have fucking wonderful food here in the states, all over.
    meh

  11. #1071
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    17,097
    Awful consumers of food though
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

  12. #1072
    Movember 2012 Elriche Oshego's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 21, 2011
    Posts
    7,495
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoffl View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    No ragrets

    macncheese sesame seed pizza ?

    my fucking sides
    Alfredo sauce, macaroni, fresh garlic, mozza, cheddar.

    Sesame seeds are on the crust only.

  13. #1073

    Join Date
    April 9, 2012
    Location
    Pit of depravity
    Posts
    7,265
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Awful consumers of food though
    Lies and slander. They eat food better than anyone ive ever seen, it's bloody impressive.

  14. #1074
    Donor erichkknaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    11,375
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Awful consumers of food though
    Lol, sure ting, blud.
      Spoiler:
    meh

  15. #1075
    Alistair's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    13,533
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Awful consumers of food though
    Of anyone, you Brits really aren't one to talk.

    I may love me some British (Scottish) food, but it's not exactly a Michelin Star'd French Chef's work all and all.


  16. #1076
    Djan Seriy Anaplian's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    3,928
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Awful consumers of food though
    Of anyone, you Brits really aren't one to talk.

    I may love me some British (Scottish) food, but it's not exactly a Michelin Star'd French Chef's work all and all.
    We're very good at acquiring michelin-starred restaurants, British food though, yeh...

  17. #1077
    Alistair's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    13,533
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Awful consumers of food though
    Of anyone, you Brits really aren't one to talk.

    I may love me some British (Scottish) food, but it's not exactly a Michelin Star'd French Chef's work all and all.
    We're very good at acquiring michelin-starred restaurants, British food though, yeh...
    Reread what I quoted Djan. "Consumers of Food."

    Presumably what Keckers is talking about is the average fast-food chugging 'Merican.

    Average Brits are near-on as bad mass "consumers of food" as the Americans are.

    The U.S. has some great top-end stuff too, but I just don't think that was what Keckers was getting at, hence my comment.

    Now, do you have a spare Sausage Roll and Chips I could have, I'm getting hungry.....


  18. #1078
    Djan Seriy Anaplian's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    3,928
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Awful consumers of food though
    Of anyone, you Brits really aren't one to talk.

    I may love me some British (Scottish) food, but it's not exactly a Michelin Star'd French Chef's work all and all.
    We're very good at acquiring michelin-starred restaurants, British food though, yeh...
    Reread what I quoted Djan. "Consumers of Food."

    Presumably what Keckers is talking about is the average fast-food chugging 'Merican.

    Average Brits are near-on as bad mass "consumers of food" as the Americans are.

    The U.S. has some great top-end stuff too, but I just don't think that was what Keckers was getting at, hence my comment.

    Now, do you have a spare Sausage Roll and Chips I could have, I'm getting hungry.....
    Oh yeh fair, we have a serious problem with it in this country.

    Don't get my started on the phenomenon of "fat shaming".

  19. #1079
    Movember 2012 Elriche Oshego's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 21, 2011
    Posts
    7,495
    This thread is about pizza you degenerates!


  20. #1080
    Donor erichkknaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    11,375
    meh

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •