hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Middle-Earth: Shekels of War

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    If you need to use gambling in the last act its because you are shit at the only actually challenging part of the game

Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Coutu View Post
    The principles crowd is retarded here, there is NOTHING in this game that makes you spend money on it, it's an option that you never EVER need to touch, and that you see in some form or another in almost EVERY other game out there.

Game is really fun, easy to pick up and put down, or spend time on and I can't figure out why I'd ever spend money on loot boxes since the fun of battling orcs against each other in the pits is a credit farm and gets you some high level orcs once you try for it.

You can also get gold for free and gold loot boxes doing online content. Bunch of autistic nerds.
    If you give publishers the lifeboat, they will try, in the end, to seize the whole ship. WB isn't the only one out there that is shoving "F2P" lootboxes into their paid games. I'll even admit that Shadows of War is one of the least egregious ones of the titles recently released pulling these shenanigans off (if people in here are to be believed), but it is part of a trend. A trend that in worst case forces customers to pay in order to significantly boost their win chances, by buying lootboxes in $60+ fps online multiplayer games (to give one example, there are several others from other publishers recently released pulling these practices off):

This shite is made possible in large by retarded customers not wanting to see, or able to see the consequences of sending signals through the market to publisher executives that these practices are ok.

In case you don't understand, you send signals like this by buying shite like Shadows of War.

It's not us being autistic, it's you being dumb.
    This from two people who play games where premium time and ships/planes/tanks are literally a cancer to the enjoyable parts of it is hilarious.

holy sheeeeeeeeeeit

this was one of the best twists i ever saw tbh

well done Monolith, well done
    and surprisingly with quite a small deus ex machina

This from two people who play games where premium time and ships/planes/tanks are literally a cancer to the enjoyable parts of it is hilarious.
    warships are pretty tame tbh
    grind is still a bitch but gameplay-wise gold-only stuff provides no advantage
    Last edited by RazoR; October 18 2017 at 04:27:11 AM.

The endless spam of premium cruisers though is a cancer.

The principles crowd is retarded here, there is NOTHING in this game that makes you spend money on it, it's an option that you never EVER need to touch, and that you see in some form or another in almost EVERY other game out there.

Game is really fun, easy to pick up and put down, or spend time on and I can't figure out why I'd ever spend money on loot boxes since the fun of battling orcs against each other in the pits is a credit farm and gets you some high level orcs once you try for it.

You can also get gold for free and gold loot boxes doing online content. Bunch of autistic nerds.
    If you give publishers the lifeboat, they will try, in the end, to seize the whole ship. WB isn't the only one out there that is shoving "F2P" lootboxes into their paid games. I'll even admit that Shadows of War is one of the least egregious ones of the titles recently released pulling these shenanigans off (if people in here are to be believed), but it is part of a trend. A trend that in worst case forces customers to pay in order to significantly boost their win chances, by buying lootboxes in $60+ fps online multiplayer games (to give one example, there are several others from other publishers recently released pulling these practices off):

This shite is made possible in large by retarded customers not wanting to see, or able to see the consequences of sending signals through the market to publisher executives that these practices are ok.

In case you don't understand, you send signals like this by buying shite like Shadows of War.

It's not us being autistic, it's you being dumb.
    At least those are f2p m8m8.

I'll have to live with this shit because fuckwits in the past made it acceptable for them to start putting it in, and no, I won't not play games I actually want because of it because boycotting doesn't do shit at this stage. But I'll fucking well make sure to tell them to fuck off about it. That said it's easier in this case because I couldn't give a shit about this game and its open world bullshit busywork. I'm a lot more mad about battlefront 2 because I fucking enjoyed the beta a ton.

Seems to be the only way to get their attention anyway, rising up a stink about it. Buying or not doesn't do shit, but making them lookkke the greedy fucks that they are seems to occasionally get through.

In B4 "they only care about the money" non argument. They don't, because they know millions are gonna buy the shit no matter what, so only thing that hurts them anymore is the bad pr.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Isyel; October 18 2017 at 07:55:45 AM.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/201...s/#more-486143

Activision have created a matchmaking system which would attempt to put players in situations where they’re more likely to spend money on microtransaction items. Perhaps it would match you against a great player with a fancy gun so you’d want to buy that gun and emulate that success. Or if you’ve already bought a fancy gun, it might put you in matches where that weapon is especially effective to make the purchase seem better. Welcome to hellfuture!
    Last edited by Itiken; October 18 2017 at 02:21:45 PM.
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Yeah wows is a game you don’t shell out a dime for upfront. I really can’t see why this voids my criticism tbh

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Yeah wows is a game you don’t shell out a dime for upfront. I really can’t see why this voids my criticism tbh
    Not like wargaming have a history of releasing ridiculously strong premium ships/tanks and then nerfing them once everyones dumped dosh on them or anything

:russian developers:

>2017
    >activision

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    I'll have to live with this shit because fuckwits in the past made it acceptable for them to start putting it in, and no, I won't not play games I actually want because of it because boycotting doesn't do shit at this stage. But I'll fucking well make sure to tell them to fuck off about it. That said it's easier in this case because I couldn't give a shit about this game and its open world bullshit busywork. I'm a lot more mad about battlefront 2 because I fucking enjoyed the beta a ton.

Seems to be the only way to get their attention anyway, rising up a stink about it. Buying or not doesn't do shit, but making them lookkke the greedy fucks that they are seems to occasionally get through.

In B4 "they only care about the money" non argument. They don't, because they know millions are gonna buy the shit no matter what, so only thing that hurts them anymore is the bad pr.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    Now you know how I feel about preorders.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Canadians are usually cooler.
    Thermonuclear Banana Split - A not-really-weekly Eclipse Phase campaign journal

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    Not like wargaming have a history of releasing ridiculously strong premium ships/tanks and then nerfing them once everyones dumped dosh on them or anything

Not really. They seldom (if ever to my recollection) nerf premiums. But besides that, there's one maybe two premiums that is straight out overpowered in the game (Belfast, and maybe Kutuzow). You have the Imperator Nicholai aswell, but that's tier 4 and who the fuck plays tier 4 (and you can't even buy the Nicholai anymore). And powercreep has caught up with it aswell now, so you can't call it straight out overpowered compared to some other BS's in the same tier.

Rest of the premium lineup are more decent to good ships compared to regular ones, not overpowered.

Yeah wows is a game you donít shell out a dime for upfront. I really canít see why this voids my criticism tbh

I guess you haven't heard of the Graf Spee yet ...

Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post

I guess you haven't heard of the Graf Zeppelin yet ...
    Classic ineptitude.

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    >2017
    >activision

Speaking of activision. That company filed for a patent in 2015 describing a system that purposely manipulates players into buying lootboxes. A patent that got accepted a few days ago.

It seems the major producers of videogames are no longer interested in making proper video games anymore, as much as dopamine fuelled addiction systems for profit.

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    >2017
    >activision

Speaking of activision. That company filed for a patent in 2015 describing a system that purposely manipulates players into buying lootboxes. A patent that got accepted a few days ago.

It seems the major producers of videogames are no longer interested in making proper video games anymore, as much as dopamine fuelled addiction systems for profit.
    It was also never implemented, so all the hnnngh REEEEEEEEE is kinda pointless.

Also, dopamine has always been the leading "will people play this game" factor since entertainment existed

>2017
    >activision

you don't say

Quote Originally Posted by Itiken View Post
    https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/201...s/#more-486143

Activision have created a matchmaking system which would attempt to put players in situations where they’re more likely to spend money on microtransaction items. Perhaps it would match you against a great player with a fancy gun so you’d want to buy that gun and emulate that success. Or if you’ve already bought a fancy gun, it might put you in matches where that weapon is especially effective to make the purchase seem better. Welcome to hellfuture!

>2017
    >activision

Also, dopamine has always been the leading "will people play this game" factor since entertainment existed
    It was never implemented, said the publisher. And of course no large company ever had a reason to lie to us, ever. And even if we accept that they tell the truth, it's important to not just swallow and ask for more.
    As for shadow of War, there's a simple solution. Wait for the goty edition that will contain the DLCs and play your backlog until then.
    Tanks: theBlind[URBAD] (in my heart there will always be a place for [FAIL])
    Planetside2: [UBAD]theAngelic

Quote Originally Posted by theBlind View Post
    >2017
    >activision

It was never implemented, said the publisher. And of course no large company ever had a reason to lie to us, ever. And even if we accept that they tell the truth, it's important to not just swallow and ask for more.
    As for shadow of War, there's a simple solution. Wait for the goty edition that will contain the DLCs and play your backlog until then.
    It's going to happen, stop fighting it

Quote Originally Posted by theBlind View Post
    As for shadow of War, there's a simple solution. Don't be bad at vidyagames.
    fyp

I mean, the whole point is that when you die (in 4th act) it sticks so of course i got immediately oneshot by a caragor

For some reason I didn't see Isyels post, so my rant regarding activision was abit redundant, but yeah