hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Middle-Earth: Shekels of War

Middle-Earth: Shekels of War

So my lasting memory of the last game was it was great, a bit limited in scope but a good amount of fun. And I was constantly avenging Tron from all these immune to all attacks bosses he seemed to generate.

This one seems a bit out of the classical Middle-Earth scope but if it's more of the same with large boss fights and more scope etc then I'm down.

Edit *lol I botched the title, go me.*

yeah playing the first one ATM pretty solid game, gj to monolith

Talion looks like an arab in the new trailer.

First one was solid fun. Will play if reviews are good. Probably wait for a sale including all DLCs in a year or so.
    Dat backlog.
    Tanks: theBlind[URBAD] (in my heart there will always be a place for [FAIL])
    Planetside2: [UBAD]theAngelic

Quote Originally Posted by theBlind View Post
    First one was solid fun. Will play if reviews are good. Probably wait for a sale including all DLCs in a year or so.
    Dat backlog.
    DLC for the MESM are either purely cosmetic or additional, separate campaigns.

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Looks great tbh. Any iterative improvement on the stellar Shadow of Mordor is welcome to me!

Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    Looks great tbh. Any iterative improvement on the stellar Shadow of Mordor is welcome to me!
    this

Quote Originally Posted by Raxxman View Post
    I was constantly avenging Tron from all these immune to all attacks bosses he seemed to generate.
    Wait what?

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    this
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonM View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post
    Im serious.
    That's the sad part.

Quote Originally Posted by TroN View Post
    I was constantly avenging Tron from all these immune to all attacks bosses he seemed to generate.
    Wait what?
    The old game had a revenge system where you could hunt down the orcs who slew your steam mates. I just remember two of those guys being from you were stupidly tough bastards with sneak attack immunity, combo immunity, wraithstrike immunity, brand immunity, animal killinging jobbos who wrecked face. Like all of the strenght perks no weaknesses.

Stopped trying to avenge you after facing those two

Edit *gameplay reveal on the 8th, will post links when I see em*

Quote Originally Posted by TroN View Post
    Wait what?
    The old game had a revenge system where you could hunt down the orcs who slew your steam mates. I just remember two of those guys being from you were stupidly tough bastards with sneak attack immunity, combo immunity, wraithstrike immunity, brand immunity, animal killinging jobbos who wrecked face. Like all of the strenght perks no weaknesses.

Stopped trying to avenge you after facing those two

Edit *gameplay reveal on the 8th, will post links when I see em*
    Oh cool, I didn't know about that feature. I didn't play that much but really should go back to it at some point.

I'm not sure why people loved Shadow of Mordor so much, sure it was polished and fun, but quite shadow in both storyline and gameplay. Just mindless orc slaughter.

Unless this improves on those significantly I'll pick it up when it's $30.

Quote Originally Posted by Aea View Post
    I'm not sure why people loved Shadow of Mordor so much, sure it was polished and fun, but quite shadow in both storyline and gameplay. Just mindless orc slaughter.

That's like calling Doom Meh. (not implying this was as amazing as doom but still)

Really polished good gameplay with the awesome nemesis system, don't really need much more to make a great experience.

That's like calling Doom Meh. (not implying this was as amazing as doom but still)

Really polished good gameplay with the awesome nemesis system, don't really need much more to make a great experience.
    It's not a $60 experience though, heck I think I bought Doom for like $20?

It's not a $60 experience though, heck I think I bought Doom for like $20?
    Attitude like that is what brings us bland pointless open world games with no soul from Ubisoft.

I'd love to buy more good games like Doom at the initial price, sadly I'm a student, but still...

Meh. I would have been more interested if they'd done something with the real story. I mean, it's not as if there's a lack of stuff to work with, without inventing new fluff that doesn't even add up.

Angband 2017 edition!

Quote Originally Posted by Ashaz View Post
    Meh. I would have been more interested if they'd done something with the real story. I mean, it's not as if there's a lack of stuff to work with, without inventing new fluff that doesn't even add up.

Angband 2017 edition!
    But why? You already know the real story. Let's be a bit ridiculous in middle earth, why not. :>

Angband 2017 edition!
    But why? You already know the real story. Let's be a bit ridiculous in middle earth, why not. :>
    Cause it would be a better use of the IP in my humble opinion. Compared to the original stuff, this story just feels like a hackjob.

It is but how else are you going to come up with unkillable protagonist?

Angband 2017 edition!
    Cause it would be a better use of the IP in my humble opinion. Compared to the original stuff, this story just feels like a hackjob.
    But the main story's been done in a million games in a million ways, just let it go. The world is a great setting, lets have some fun with it.

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    yeah playing the first one ATM pretty solid game, gj to monolith

Talion looks like an arab in the new trailer.
    First one was by Monolith? So thats why it was surprisingly solid to good.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Pastry.. That the best you can do?
    Quote Originally Posted by NotXenosis View Post

M8, i have discussions that spam multiple accounts, you aren't even on my level