hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 112

Thread: Middle-Earth: Shekels of War

  1. #41
    theBlind's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    1,894
    Looks like an evolution of the good parts of Shadow of Mordor, adding more flashy and the siege mechanic seems good (let's see if it doesn't get tedious the 10th time you have to do it).

    Will buy in a year or so.
    Tanks: theBlind[URBAD] (in my heart there will always be a place for [FAIL])
    Planetside2: [UBAD]theAngelic

  2. #42
    Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Posts
    17,221
    Quote Originally Posted by Aea View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Aea View Post
    I'm not sure why people loved Shadow of Mordor so much, sure it was polished and fun, but quite shadow in both storyline and gameplay. Just mindless orc slaughter.

    Unless this improves on those significantly I'll pick it up when it's $30.
    That's like calling Doom Meh. (not implying this was as amazing as doom but still)

    Really polished good gameplay with the awesome nemesis system, don't really need much more to make a great experience.
    It's not a $60 experience though, heck I think I bought Doom for like $20?
    Shadow of Mordor was just pure fun. It was such a polished, enjoyable slaughter. Easily worth $60 - it was the best game of that year by a long shot in terms of sheer enjoyability even if it wasnt the deepest.

    Fun is just as good a "specialism" as challenge or depth.

    New one looks like it takes all the fun of the first one and doubles down on it.
    Last edited by Lallante; March 9 2017 at 09:31:12 AM.

  3. #43
    Banned
    Join Date
    November 4, 2015
    Posts
    3,375
    Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Aea View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Aea View Post
    I'm not sure why people loved Shadow of Mordor so much, sure it was polished and fun, but quite shadow in both storyline and gameplay. Just mindless orc slaughter.

    Unless this improves on those significantly I'll pick it up when it's $30.
    That's like calling Doom Meh. (not implying this was as amazing as doom but still)

    Really polished good gameplay with the awesome nemesis system, don't really need much more to make a great experience.
    It's not a $60 experience though, heck I think I bought Doom for like $20?
    Shadow of Mordor was just pure fun. It was such a polished, enjoyable slaughter. Easily worth $60 - it was the best game of that year by a long shot in terms of sheer enjoyability even if it wasnt the deepest.

    Fun is just as good a "specialism" as challenge or depth.

    New one looks like it takes all the fun of the first one and doubles down on it.
    Pretty much, it just looks like what a sequel should be
    [img]http://orig14.deviantart.net/351d/f/2015/121/c/0/_cover_zing__krul_tepes_by_skanantene-d8rqmf5.png[/img]

  4. #44
    Leviathan's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    909
    like witcher 3.. all padding no titties.

    In comparison to other games agreed its good and fun, but fucking dull very quickly. fallout 4.

  5. #45
    Banned
    Join Date
    November 4, 2015
    Posts
    3,375
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathan View Post
    like witcher 3.. all padding no titties.

    In comparison to other games agreed its good and fun, but fucking dull very quickly. fallout 4.
    I have no idea what you meant by this post
    [img]http://orig14.deviantart.net/351d/f/2015/121/c/0/_cover_zing__krul_tepes_by_skanantene-d8rqmf5.png[/img]

  6. #46
    Leviathan's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    909
    ye im really hung over.. repetitive shit repeated. I dont see how it got game of the year.

    edit "evolution of the revolutionary nemesis system" lol gf
    Last edited by Leviathan; March 12 2017 at 11:54:08 AM.

  7. #47
    Banned
    Join Date
    November 4, 2015
    Posts
    3,375
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathan View Post
    ye im really hung over.. repetitive shit repeated. I dont see how it got game of the year.

    edit "evolution of the revolutionary nemesis system" lol gf
    because 2014 was a really shit year for games
    [img]http://orig14.deviantart.net/351d/f/2015/121/c/0/_cover_zing__krul_tepes_by_skanantene-d8rqmf5.png[/img]

  8. #48

    Join Date
    November 5, 2011
    Posts
    8,793
    Quote Originally Posted by UsernameisValidandNotinUs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathan View Post
    ye im really hung over.. repetitive shit repeated. I dont see how it got game of the year.

    edit "evolution of the revolutionary nemesis system" lol gf
    because 2014 was a really shit year for games
    Because it was a great game?

    I preferred Wolfenstein in 14 but still...

  9. #49
    DerWish's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Location
    Budapest
    Posts
    1,307
    GOTY edition is just 12 GBP on Greenmangaming.com
    I've just bought it for the Mrs, enjoying the ride again. Hunting down the big bad orc who killed her character is pure fun.

  10. #50
    Jack Coutu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 9, 2011
    Location
    marketjacker
    Posts
    445
    Really? No one got this or has anything to say about it?

    Eagerly awaiting bittervet reviews.

  11. #51
    Donor Aea's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    13,706
    Microtransaction model is patently absurd in this game. So canít imagine too many people here being eager in grabbing it.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #52

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Chair
    Posts
    5,727
    I hear that it's an improvement over the first one in most ways. But even without the loot box bollocks, I won't touch it till a year or two when its 75% off. Liked the first one well enough but there's so many open world collectathons out now that I have no desire to pay full price for any of them.

  13. #53
    Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Posts
    17,221
    Assuming loot boxs didn't change from the pre-release review version, they aren't just "optional", but "entirely unnecessary and not necessarily even particularly helpful unless you really get off on that sort of thing, and by the way you get all tiers free relatively generously through normal non-grind play", so not sure that's a legit concern.

  14. #54
    Liare's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    10,893
    Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    Assuming loot boxs didn't change from the pre-release review version, they aren't just "optional", but "entirely unnecessary and not necessarily even particularly helpful unless you really get off on that sort of thing, and by the way you get all tiers free relatively generously through normal non-grind play", so not sure that's a legit concern.
    yea, you're wrong m8.

    many reviewers didn't get to the fourth act (Shadow Wars), requiring a fair amount of grinding, or buying loot-boxes to get to the actual ending.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

    Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

  15. #55
    Movember 2011 RazoR's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The Motherland
    Posts
    27,099
    Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    Assuming loot boxs didn't change from the pre-release review version, they aren't just "optional", but "entirely unnecessary and not necessarily even particularly helpful unless you really get off on that sort of thing, and by the way you get all tiers free relatively generously through normal non-grind play", so not sure that's a legit concern.
    yea, you're wrong m8.

    many reviewers didn't get to the fourth act (Shadow Wars), requiring a fair amount of grinding, or buying loot-boxes to get to the actual ending.
    Modern reviewers have attention span of a giraffe in a tumble dryer though.

  16. #56
    Donor Aea's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    13,706
    Grind is grind. Irrespective of laziness or attention span.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  17. #57
    Movember 2011 RazoR's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The Motherland
    Posts
    27,099
    Quote Originally Posted by Aea View Post
    Grind is grind. Irrespective of laziness or attention span.
    So it's not an interactive movie.

    MESM had "grind", it's just that it was the same fun orcslaying.

  18. #58
    Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Posts
    17,221
    Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    Assuming loot boxs didn't change from the pre-release review version, they aren't just "optional", but "entirely unnecessary and not necessarily even particularly helpful unless you really get off on that sort of thing, and by the way you get all tiers free relatively generously through normal non-grind play", so not sure that's a legit concern.
    yea, you're wrong m8.

    many reviewers didn't get to the fourth act (Shadow Wars), requiring a fair amount of grinding, or buying loot-boxes to get to the actual ending.
    The review I read said it took him one weekend to beat the fourth act without microtransactions, of which about half the time was make-up because he had done a poor job picking good leaders for his outposts in the previous acts.

  19. #59
    Movember 2011 RazoR's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The Motherland
    Posts
    27,099
    Metacritic has it down at 3.2, whoops.

  20. #60
    Kilabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    3,363
    Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    Assuming loot boxs didn't change from the pre-release review version, they aren't just "optional", but "entirely unnecessary and not necessarily even particularly helpful unless you really get off on that sort of thing, and by the way you get all tiers free relatively generously through normal non-grind play", so not sure that's a legit concern.
    yea, you're wrong m8.

    many reviewers didn't get to the fourth act (Shadow Wars), requiring a fair amount of grinding, or buying loot-boxes to get to the actual ending.
    The review I read said it took him one weekend to beat the fourth act without microtransactions, of which about half the time was make-up because he had done a poor job picking good leaders for his outposts in the previous acts.
    After the one dude failed at the cuphead tutorial everything with "the reviewer failed to finish act....." is absolutely no argument for me anymore.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •