hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: The Expanse [Megathread]

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Firefly was shit, but this is less shit. A decent thing to watch while you're waiting for something good. Like Taboo

Hmhmmm

I just like seeing space battles that have at least a partial nod towards reality. The books set the scene but the show has brought them to life.

"QCB" and "Doors & Corners" have top quality space battles that far surpass anything else I have seen. Even better, they involve non-2d characters that I actually care about.

That's all I want from my scifi.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoffl View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spawinte View Post
    I watched the trailers and it looks like some B-grade shit. Mrenda's post only strengthens my suspicions. A lot of you guys loved Firefly even though it was garbage so pardon me if I wait for stronger evidence before I waste any time on this thing.
    I read your posts and they looked like some B-Grade shit. Mrenda's waffling only strengthens my suspicions. A lot of you Irish guys post like Xenosis Raper so pardon me if I wait for stronger evidence before I waste any time on this post.
    Fucking ruthless.

Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    Firefly was shit, but this is less shit. A decent thing to watch while you're waiting for something good. Like Taboo

Hmhmmm
    *Walks angrily out of the scene*

Tom Hardy and his over the top shit is starting to ruin Taboo

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholai Pestot View Post
    I just like seeing space battles that have at least a partial nod towards reality. The books set the scene but the show has brought them to life.

"QCB" and "Doors & Corners" have top quality space battles that far surpass anything else I have seen. Even better, they involve non-2d characters that I actually care about.

That's all I want from my scifi.
    Precisely. Not everything can or should be Asimov or Banks. Neither of which would have been what they were without a ton of pulp to contrast their brilliance. The setting is believably fleshed out, and the acting is p good for SciFi. I mean, it's like a huge step up from Sharknado.

Last 10 minutes of the latest made me all

I am filled with questions.

I had goosebumps when i saw Ganymede, but was disappointed with the off-screen handling of the "incident". I hope they propperly show what happend in the next episode

Quote Originally Posted by Eshnala View Post
    I had goosebumps when i saw Ganymede, but was disappointed with the off-screen handling of the "incident". I hope they propperly show what happend in the next episode
    Yeah wtf was that. The captains "i cant believe were doing this" made absofuckinglutely 0 sense.
    Sure, there was a timejump (about to enter comm blackout -> almost back in range while the shooty happens), but why why why show anything on the ship at all and not show like 15 secs of ground combat action instead.

Show is slipping up, this was handled much better in the book, but tbh it fits in with my previous feeling that the pacing is off.

Still tho, space, tech, not-entirely retarded characters... ill take what i can get.

Still think its great, new episode out (illegally for UK people) which ill watch tonight.
    "I think we could all do with sitting back a bit and detaching ourselves from the situation to really think about how these issues reflect on our future and how we discuss them here and be a bit less aggressive or defensive because everyone has a complicated set of circumstances that has led the to place importance on particular issues and it doesn't meany any of them is less valid, we just need to look at the broader picture"

Smuggo - Brexit Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Crystalline Entity View Post
    Still think its great, new episode out (illegally for UK people) which ill watch tonight.
    Hmmm... do I watch it now or wait until Thursday?

The UN woman is annoying as fuck

Quote Originally Posted by Smarnca View Post
    Mate you're going to have to try harder than that. Try making it a bit less obvious...

Quote Originally Posted by Torashuu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Smarnca View Post
    Mate you're going to have to try harder than that. Try making it a bit less obvious...
    Her rant in the latest episode was pretty cringy but overall I enjoy based persian grandma's acting.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilalaunebör View Post
    Yeah wtf was that. The captains "i cant believe were doing this" made absofuckinglutely 0 sense.
    Sure, there was a timejump (about to enter comm blackout -> almost back in range while the shooty happens), but why why why show anything on the ship at all and not show like 15 secs of ground combat action instead.

Show is slipping up, this was handled much better in the book, but tbh it fits in with my previous feeling that the pacing is off.
    I know right? Totally blueballed those of us who knew what was coming

Two minutes of why ganymede was important and an extra 60 seconds of escalation would have made everything so much better.

i'm guessing they will handle it through the Bobbi/Avalsara Earth plot where they spin her suit-cam footage out into the ampitheater to prove it wasn't mars.
    Makes sense. In the books it made a great entry to #2, but half-way through a season ia bit of intrigue and suspense can be milked - especially with the way it ended.

#7 is out when ??
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

1. "Oh no, she's a good person and I like her like a sister to me", "right" "Don't get me wrong I'd do her if she let me", "I'm glad we had this talk"

2. Dat was quite an outburst from Avasalara

3. Good episode, not an omg/wtf/episode breaking/reveal episode, but imagine an episode 7 of GoT, decent continueing the story type

Live updates from CE
    Last edited by Crystalline Entity; March 5 2017 at 01:35:46 AM.
    "I think we could all do with sitting back a bit and detaching ourselves from the situation to really think about how these issues reflect on our future and how we discuss them here and be a bit less aggressive or defensive because everyone has a complicated set of circumstances that has led the to place importance on particular issues and it doesn't meany any of them is less valid, we just need to look at the broader picture"

Smuggo - Brexit Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post

Two minutes of why ganymede was important and an extra 60 seconds of escalation would have made everything so much better.
    Pretty much. Although I suspect they might be going for the mystery angle, but if that's the case than they showed too much. Not a book reader so unsure how this is supposed to be playing out.

Quote Originally Posted by Aea View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post

Pretty much. Although I suspect they might be going for the mystery angle, but if that's the case than they showed too much. Not a book reader so unsure how this is supposed to be playing out.
    Book did it better. They didn't do enough to explain why this is going to be an epic shitshow. And the incident was fully described in the books.

Too bad.

I am up to 3rd episode and so far unimpressed with the second season. Especially martian marines, what the fuck?

Miller is still killing it though. Sometimes literally
    Last edited by RazoR; March 5 2017 at 01:28:25 PM.