hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1825262728

Thread: The Expanse [Megathread]

Quote Originally Posted by Eranziel View Post
    Just watched the last half of the season, thoroughly enjoyed it. It was really refreshing to not have a giant gaping cliffhanger for a season finale like is typical for TV.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattern View Post
    Avasarala becomes more of a string puller than a hands on character. But that's ok, because Drummer/Micho Pa and Ashford/Bull is a wonderful shashup of 4 relatively boring characters, and I'm interested to see how that plays out.
    I saw Bull moreso in Drummer, what part of his role did they put into Ashford? Granted the memorable part of Bull to me was the mech suit, so maybe I'm forgetting something.
    In the books Bulls big thing was being the most experienced & qualified person to lead the ship, but not getting the role for political reasons and how he handles that.

That was Ashfords arc on the show and the big way show-ashford differed from book-ashford.

Show-Ashford, as a character, was a lot more likeable because of the personality traits he was given from bull.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholai Pestot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Eranziel View Post
    Just watched the last half of the season, thoroughly enjoyed it. It was really refreshing to not have a giant gaping cliffhanger for a season finale like is typical for TV.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattern View Post
    Avasarala becomes more of a string puller than a hands on character. But that's ok, because Drummer/Micho Pa and Ashford/Bull is a wonderful shashup of 4 relatively boring characters, and I'm interested to see how that plays out.
    I saw Bull moreso in Drummer, what part of his role did they put into Ashford? Granted the memorable part of Bull to me was the mech suit, so maybe I'm forgetting something.
    In the books Bulls big thing was being the most experienced & qualified person to lead the ship, but not getting the role for political reasons and how he handles that.

That was Ashfords arc on the show and the big way show-ashford differed from book-ashford.

Show-Ashford, as a character, was a lot more likeable because of the personality traits he was given from bull.
    Bull got split into both Ashford and Drummer.

and it made the two far more engaging than in the books. Was a good call.

Hopefully they can do something similar with the next bit/book. Which kinda took a long time to get anywhere imo.

Yeah, they did a pretty good job with Drummer and Ashford. I could've done without the Belter accent, but I know what they were going for there.

I also just remembered that they mixed Sam into Drummer as well (during last season too I think), other than her engineering skills.

"I think we could all do with sitting back a bit and detaching ourselves from the situation to really think about how these issues reflect on our future and how we discuss them here and be a bit less aggressive or defensive because everyone has a complicated set of circumstances that has led the to place importance on particular issues and it doesn't meany any of them is less valid, we just need to look at the broader picture"

Smuggo - Brexit Thread

Fan trailer, p good

"I think we could all do with sitting back a bit and detaching ourselves from the situation to really think about how these issues reflect on our future and how we discuss them here and be a bit less aggressive or defensive because everyone has a complicated set of circumstances that has led the to place importance on particular issues and it doesn't meany any of them is less valid, we just need to look at the broader picture"

Smuggo - Brexit Thread

Kickstarter just launched a RPG based on the The Expanse .

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...leplaying-game

Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Candy Crush View Post

Full circle it is, given that the series is based on books that were based on the story that evolved during an RPG campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Candy Crush View Post

Already funded:
    €124,331
    pledged of €25,669 goal
    backers