hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 71415161718192027 ... LastLast

Thread: The Expanse [Megathread]

It would do okay on amazon probably, they aren't worried about live viewing and subs would probably go up

I would sub to amazon video even though I watch it through something else, to make it happen.
    "I think we could all do with sitting back a bit and detaching ourselves from the situation to really think about how these issues reflect on our future and how we discuss them here and be a bit less aggressive or defensive because everyone has a complicated set of circumstances that has led the to place importance on particular issues and it doesn't meany any of them is less valid, we just need to look at the broader picture"

Smuggo - Brexit Thread

Contract stuff to Seraphina Amaranth.

"You give me the awful impression - I hate to have to say - of someone who hasn't read any of the arguments against your position. Ever."

Quote Originally Posted by Crystalline Entity View Post
    It would do okay on amazon probably, they aren't worried about live viewing and subs would probably go up

I would sub to amazon video even though I watch it through something else, to make it happen.
    At least in Germany (and most likely elsewhere, too) its on Netflix. But I agree, Amazon picking it up would also work. Bezos seems not to be afraid of "wasting" money on well produced shows in order to grow Prime's/Video's user base.

I didn't know that Van Helsing and Wynonna Earp are also SyFy series (also on Netflix in Germany). And to be honest: I actually enjoy both as good-popcorn-turn-your-brain-off series. But given the choice what to drop and what to keep, I'd clearly pick The Expanse and drop both for it.

I have been following this whole thing.

Apparently the Expanse has decent ratings if you take into account all of people watching it on streaming sites. The problem is that nobody watches it live due to the target demographics that show is aimed at (mostly younger people or older nerds that use tech)

They botched the worldwide streaming rights so badly that no one company can even buy then outright, and they are split between 4-5 different services. Netflix passed because they would only have stream rights to season 4 in the US. I believe Amazon is still considering it since they could potentially get a combination of the older seasons, plus any new ones that are produced.

EPISODE 6 BEST EPISODE EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    Good episode i agree, im so surprised they wanna shut this down. I mean it cant be "that" expensive.

HOW THE FUCK DO YOU CANCEL THE BEST SCI-FI SERIES GOING?????!!!!111

Episode tl;dr
    Sheeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit
    2/10/17 Greatposthellpurge never forget
    23/10/17 The Greatreposteninging ?

Quote Originally Posted by Shaftoes View Post
    I have been following this whole thing.

Apparently the Expanse has decent ratings if you take into account all of people watching it on streaming sites. The problem is that nobody watches it live due to the target demographics that show is aimed at (mostly younger people or older nerds that use tech)

They botched the worldwide streaming rights so badly that no one company can even buy then outright, and they are split between 4-5 different services. Netflix passed because they would only have stream rights to season 4 in the US. I believe Amazon is still considering it since they could potentially get a combination of the older seasons, plus any new ones that are produced.
    How is this network so shockingly incompetent in so many ways.

The Expanse [Megathread]

SyFy have a history of being increasingly terrible. They had a niche, threw it away, tried to rebuild it and are now throwing it away again. The problem is that with the streaming services increasingly producing good sci fi, what is the point of SyFy?

SyFy has produced great content the last years.

In addition to the expanse they have made magicians, krypton, happy!, sharknado, van helsing etc.
    It's just limited rights to revenues that boned them on expanse profits.

I have a suspicion they have similar limited rights with those other properties. They're all on Netflix as originals (apparently) in the U.K, just like The Expanse.

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Patiently waiting to see what that little blob of protomolecule has been up to for the past 4 episodes on the Rochi

I'm sure kiddo being conveniently interrupted at the end of the last EP isn't related or anything

The dead crew that was still attached to the floor with magboots while in zero-G was damn unsettling.

Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    Patiently waiting to see what that little blob of protomolecule has been up to for the past 4 episodes on the Rochi

I'm sure kiddo being conveniently interrupted at the end of the last EP isn't related or anything
      Spoiler:

It isn't. In the books it's the conduit the protomolecule "AI" uses to communicate with Holden using the guise of our favorite intrepid space detective.
    Last edited by halka; May 18 2018 at 12:44:14 PM.
    All expressed opinions match those of my employers, hail satan

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Quote Originally Posted by halka View Post
    The dead crew that was still attached to the floor with magboots while in zero-G was damn unsettling.

Spoiler:

It isn't. In the books it's the conduit the protomolecule "AI" uses to communicate with Holden using the guise of our favorite intrepid space detective.
    u

wot

m8?

Spoiler:

u

wot

m8?
    The Expanse have barely begun, you ain't see nothing yet

Spoiler:

u

wot

m8?
    and I probably won't :V

what book will season 4 get up to and should I read the earlier ones as well?

Spoiler:

u

wot

m8?
    and I probably won't :V

what book will season 4 get up to and should I read the earlier ones as well?
    You got to read them all. Really worth it.

The last episode finished book 2.

Apparently they are aiming to finish book three by the end of this season.

"I think we could all do with sitting back a bit and detaching ourselves from the situation to really think about how these issues reflect on our future and how we discuss them here and be a bit less aggressive or defensive because everyone has a complicated set of circumstances that has led the to place importance on particular issues and it doesn't meany any of them is less valid, we just need to look at the broader picture"

Smuggo - Brexit Thread