hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 52 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2424950515253 LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1048

Thread: The Expanse [Megathread]

Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacul View Post
    Yeah, at least the put easter eggs like that in. But mostly the season was completely forgettable grey mush.
    Not epic. Good scifi tho.
    Wasn't even good scifi IMO, didn't provoke any thoughts or bring new ideas, just a silly soap opera about Marco Inairos.
    Its been slim pickings in the past 12 months, at least it was better than Foundation (could have done with some of its budget), cowboy bebop and 100x better than Raised by Wolves. I would put in similar enjoyment level to the Nevers.
    I don't like any of the marvel or star wars TV stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Redmoore View Post
    Yeah, at least the put easter eggs like that in. But mostly the season was completely forgettable grey mush.
    Wasn't even good scifi IMO, didn't provoke any thoughts or bring new ideas, just a silly soap opera about Marco Inairos.
    Its been slim pickings in the past 12 months, at least it was better than Foundation (could have done with some of its budget), cowboy bebop and 100x better than Raised by Wolves. I would put in similar enjoyment level to the Nevers.
    I hear you. I'm on the same boat as you, can't stomach more Marvel or Star Wars crap.
    Does a population have informed consent when that population is not taught the inner workings of its monetary system, and then is drawn, all unknowing, into economic adventures?

The nevers? never heard of that. dl now, 7.4 on imdb
    Schopenhauer:

All truth passes through three stages.
    First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as being self-evident..

It had some promise but the ending was awful.

It had some promise but the ending was awful.
    Season 1 is split by a huge break, second half due out sometime this year. Josh Whedon was the show runner till he got cancelled. Which might explain the way the show tone changed. Hopefully the second half of the season brings things back.
    Last edited by Redmoore; January 16 2022 at 02:35:37 AM.

wait wut. Josh Whedon got cancelled?
    Schopenhauer:

First, it is ridiculed.

wait wut. Josh Whedon got cancelled?
    For being a dick a work (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joss_Whedon, scroll to "accusations of workplace harassment")

I think the Nevers is good, so i have hopes it continues to improve.

TBH pretty much any other offerings were better than expanses "few space battles with the heroes pulling repeated 100G turns and not turning to jelly and some belter soap opera with the worst baddie since thanos" that we got for the season 6. Well, at least it wasn't going in and out of the same airlock for a hour but still..

Idk what you nerds are about, but Season 6 was a few steps above Season 5. It all started going downhill after 4 anyway, so it was a nice ending to a series that would have died anyway. Now to read the books, yes, the books

While I'm OK with most of S6, the finale episode was underwhelming. Kinda anti-climatic, especially considering that Laconia plays a major role in the books. It's hinted at, but it feels very unfinished, if not even rushed.

What I don't get though, is...
      Spoiler:

what the hell that Laconia side-story was supposed to be. I didn't lead to anything we didn't already know so far. And it didn't feel like it got a conclusion. As I said before, it's Pet Cemetary in space.

But I discovered something while clicking through the X-ray stuff. For those not aware, that X-ray thingy pulls data from IMDB for that scene, like artist names. And for each actor it lists "Known from: <short list list of movies/TV series>". And for Bobby, it lists "yaddayadda, The Expanse, The Expanse: One Ship"

Haven't heard of the latter, but knowing the books, I could imagine what this is about. Though no one else had anything The Expanse-related listed there.

Season 6 ending was good. It more or less guarantees this was not the last thing we getting from the expanse.
    And the ending was just as I predicted it to be.
    Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

The rumors of 3 movies in production have been quite strong already. And for me there were more interesting bits in s5 than s6, but there were whole episodes with zero content in s5, most of the few episodes of s6 at least had something other than marco family drama. It is an ending of sorts and not quite as botched as that one fantasy series no one talks about.

Spoiler:
    Still the ending makes all that time spent on the family drama even more pointless as none of that stuff played any real part what so ever in the end, just about all of marco-scenes could easily have been cut without anything being lost from the narrative. Would probably even have made marco seem more menacing and compotent instead of the worst leader ever without any intelligence.

Ending as good as can be expected I guess given that its just a end, not the end. And I am not unhappy with it and that is basically all I asked for.
    I liked the easter egg, and I knew it would be there even before it was tbh. If they had not taken that chance I would have been upset actually.
    Also that they used the end for teaser was a nice touch, lets hope they can pick this up later again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

Are the ratings for Expanse so bad they cut a new season and go to web-episodes and possible movies?

Seems like a strange move looking at the ending.
    Schopenhauer:

First, it is ridiculed.

Are the ratings for Expanse so bad they cut a new season and go to web-episodes and possible movies?

AFAIK this was announced to be the last season of the tv-show while season 5 was airing or something like that. It also marks the spot on the books where a 30 year time-jump happens so a good place to re-cast people

does the jump get rid of the whiny space drama belter thing? i didn't even start season 6 because that shit was not showing signs of stopping when s5 ended

In the last books, there are huge time jumps.
    Difficult to do with current actors as everyone are getting old. 50-60ish.
    Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post

In the last books, there are huge time jumps.
    Difficult to do with current actors as everyone are getting old. 50-60ish.
    who knows maybe they will go all Twin Peaks and not have to recast anyone when they start production in 2045.