hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 51 of 53 FirstFirst ... 41484950515253 LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1048

Thread: The Expanse [Megathread]

It's a feature on Prime Video subscribers get bios, scenes, bonus content, etc. like you'd get on a Blu-Ray or DVD.

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Winged Nazgul View Post
    So apparently there are bonus scenes hidden this season when you pause an episode and check X-Ray. Works on mobile and browser apps. One per episode. Some pretty interesting contexts too that you'd be missing out on as well.
    What's X-Ray?
    To add to what Winged Nazgul said: while playing, push the up or down arrow on your RC, then the "X-Ray" button appears. Push that and in every movie/series you'll get a list of the current actors in the the scene. Navigate to one of the actors and you'll get even more info. Very helpful for these "where do I know her/him from?" moments, that occur more often the older you get.

All brought to you courtesy of Amazon's purchase of IMDB a couple of years ago.

And for The Expanse, Amazon add even more features to the X-Ray functionality.

Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeekar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Redmoore View Post
    episode 4, way to much pad considering the number of episodes left.
    I also dont get the relevance of the strange dogs cold opens , when that really is only relevant for future seasons.
    Yes. Cara and Xan are important for the end of the book story.
    Is the book Tiamat's wrath the last one? Plenty of avenues to go from there altho the Roci crew are pretty much literally end of life by then (age wise).
    Leviathan Falls is the last book, only released recently.
    Finished it yesterday, and I had no fucking clue what happened during the ring station bit.
    The last page was a fun surprise.
      Spoiler:
    which part confused you? Holden blowing up the station and closing the ringspace? He figured out the other universe entities hated it and wanted it gone but they couldn't wreck it but he could. Without it there there is no ringspace and no entities trying to wreck humanity.
      Spoiler:
    No, why did they suddenly now start attacking our dimension?
    Humans been using the rings for over 40+ years.
      Spoiler:
    i would have to reread the books to be sure but they didnt just start. Ships were going missing from the start. That was them. Previous book when the tempest got wrecked that was them. They figured out something is back to the gates when they detected alien tech being active again. Maybe humans didnt notice something was happening until they started loosing consciouness

Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    episode 4, way to much pad considering the number of episodes left.
    I also dont get the relevance of the strange dogs cold opens , when that really is only relevant for future seasons.
    Yes. Cara and Xan are important for the end of the book story.
    Is the book Tiamat's wrath the last one? Plenty of avenues to go from there altho the Roci crew are pretty much literally end of life by then (age wise).
    Leviathan Falls is the last book, only released recently.
    Finished it yesterday, and I had no fucking clue what happened during the ring station bit.
    The last page was a fun surprise.
      Spoiler:
    which part confused you? Holden blowing up the station and closing the ringspace? He figured out the other universe entities hated it and wanted it gone but they couldn't wreck it but he could. Without it there there is no ringspace and no entities trying to wreck humanity.
      Spoiler:
      Spoiler:
    i would have to reread the books to be sure but they didnt just start. Ships were going missing from the start. That was them. Previous book when the tempest got wrecked that was them. They figured out something is back to the gates when they detected alien tech being active again. Maybe humans didnt notice something was happening until they started loosing consciouness
      Spoiler:
    Every time a ship used one of the gates it pissed off the "goths" a little. But the real catalyst was when the Laconians started to use the USM field projector weapons on their battleships. That was when they started to actively try to kill humanity. Holden destroying the slow zone and the gates made it look like they succeeded

so eh, did they or did they not?

So i guess the entire thing resolves around the Dark Forest solution to the Fermi Paradox? Saw it coming, but still a bit of a downer.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilalaunebör View Post
    So i guess the entire thing resolves around the Dark Forest solution to the Fermi Paradox? Saw it coming, but still a bit of a downer.
    No.
      Spoiler:
    Basicly the tech used for the gates was taking energy from another dimension/universe. That is why the protomolocule engineers came under attack. They shut the gates down but the 'slow space' station kept draining energy so they killed race anyway.
    Iirc the quote was 'putting a bandaid on the wound without removing the thorn'.

The station killed and the gates shutdown did the trick. Last pages leaps 1000 year and humans have invented a alternative way of FTL travel.
    Schopenhauer:

All truth passes through three stages.
    First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as being self-evident..

latest episode once again felt like a filler episode.

Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    I mean, it did handle a lot of things (though in a v short/rushed time) but yeah, a bit. It was good tho!
    But unless the last episode isnt like 3hrs long I'm sadly not sure how they will take this to even to a semi-appropriate ending.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

Spoiler:
      Spoiler:
    Serious major heavy book 9 spoilers here
      Spoiler:
    Ships had been going duchman for as long as the rings existed. The Shipping Guild protocols prevented most of them.
    The 3rd side entities then switched to fucking about with reality - the incursion incidents mentioned in this last book - as a method of flexing their displeasure.
    As they get more effective, they go from changing C to wiping out entire systems. Leaving Bullets behind. Similar to the one Miller/Holden found on Ilus in Book3.

At the Wiping entire systems level, Protomolecule Precursors started using the Ring Station to cauterize entire systems as they were weirdly networked in a way humans were not, but Duarte/ProtoMolecure/Station wanted to.

(oops mised a page - those too!)
    Last edited by Itiken; January 10 2022 at 10:33:09 AM.
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

Not sure if spoiler-worthy, doing it anyway

Spoiler:

That whole Laconia side-plot so far, which I learned here stems from another novel outside the main book series, has a strong Pet Cemetery vibe going on for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowa [NSN] View Post
    I mean, it did handle a lot of things (though in a v short/rushed time) but yeah, a bit. It was good tho!
    But unless the last episode isnt like 3hrs long I'm sadly not sure how they will take this to even to a semi-appropriate ending.
    For those of us that have read the books, it is obvious how the 6th and final episode will pan out.

Spoiler:
    One final battle in ring space where Inaros is defeated.
    From Laconia a message is sent to all, that their gate is closed and all trespassers will be killed.

And if true about the movies. The last 3 books will be one movie each.
    Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

For those of us that have read the books, it is obvious how the 6th and final episode will pan out.

Spoiler:
    One final battle in ring space where Inaros is defeated.
    From Laconia a message is sent to all, that their gate is closed and all trespassers will be killed.

And if true about the movies. The last 3 books will be one movie each.
    Movies? I would like that.
    Schopenhauer:

First, it is ridiculed.

1h without credits :/

last episode best of this season by a long way.

last episode best of this season by a long way.
    Not a high bar

Spoiler:

At least it wasn't as bad as season 5 I guess.

Yeah, at least the put easter eggs like that in. But mostly the season was completely forgettable grey mush.

Yeah, at least the put easter eggs like that in. But mostly the season was completely forgettable grey mush.
    Not epic. Good scifi tho.
    Schopenhauer:

First, it is ridiculed.

Not epic. Good scifi tho.
    Wasn't even good scifi IMO, didn't provoke any thoughts or bring new ideas, just a silly soap opera about Marco Inairos.